Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Happy Hockey Is The Best!!!
Love the new OP! Hopefully this will answer most questions we keep seeing.
Maybe a gamertag list somewhere? Please add cracktackle for beating (non-pro)drumscores. Although I might not be online any time soon because of title update issues :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Isn't there a source flag for 'custom' instead of 'rbn' or 'rb lego', i saw someones tracklist on youtube with 'custom' as a header.

Myself, I just sort by playcount and play the songs I haven't played yet.

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

See what you have done to this thread Nyxyxylyth?

I could list every artist in my library, but someone please make Quicksand's "A landmine spring" happen, turns out I'm way to lazy to do it myself. (or maybe I'm waiting for creators.rockband.com to be up again).

I wonder if RBN will be a thing again when/if creators goes back up, they were still releasing some fun songs (for me Terror and Dillinger) once every few weeks before creators went down.

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

pksage posted:

Below are the 4/26 CCC releases, also known as "Oh poo poo, We Really Have To Do This Every Week?" Mega props to Orange Harrison!
  • The Beatles - "This Boy" (Orange Harrison)
  • Dusty Springfield - "Son of a Preacher Man" (Nyxyxylyth)
  • Mizuki Nana - "Innocent Starter" (LyokoFreaks)
  • Santo & Johnny - "Sleep Walk" (Orange Harrison)
Full copy for the release is available on the blog, as usual.

Now that you incorporated the customs made by GHtoRB3, why not mention and include their weekly releases?

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

pksage posted:

Unless I missed something, there were no new releases this week. Last week's songs were all released last Friday.

You are correct; I appear to be confusing my sources. Other songs were released this week, but elsewhere.

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

I just love how their own reaction is as underwhelmed as one could get. Still; I'm excited for this promised bigger batch next thursday, maybe I'll have to set up a separate live account after ruining my current one with customs (right?).

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

whypick1 posted:

He should be in the clear. So long as you don't boot up the game with TU5 installed, connected to Live, with the safe file you played a bunch of customs on loaded, there shouldn't be anything to phone home about. That last part is important, because your save file does log scores earned when not connected to Rock Central (which requires being connected to Live) and uploads them when it gets reconnected.

I actually went back on live already a few weeks back, with my save-file still on the HD. I think that might have been the reason all my custom scores, the review in 'lighters' I gave each song and number of plays got erased. It might not be, I get terribly confused by all these shenanigans.

To be safe I'll just keep everything on a thumbdrive and remove it when I go live again.

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

pksage posted:

C3 releases for May 17:

New! Pantera Cowboys from Hell 4-pack (farottone)
  • Pantera - "Cemetery Gates"
  • Pantera - "Cowboys from Hell"
  • Pantera - "Cowboys from Hell (2x Bass Pedal)"
  • Pantera - "Primal Concrete Sledge"
  • Pantera - "Primal Concrete Sledge (2x Bass Pedal)"
  • Pantera - "Psycho Holiday"
  • Pantera - "Psycho Holiday (2x Bass Pedal)"
New! Singles
  • ABBA - "Money, Money, Money" (RyanHYK)
  • Electric Light Orchestra - "Don't Bring Me Down" (Nyxyxylyth)
  • Ho-kago Tea Time - "Ichigo Parfait ga Tomaranai" (LyokoFreaks)

Cemetary Gatesssss, finally!

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Millertime posted:

UGH, I'm regretting more and more my decision to have this on PS3. loving Angra?! They are my favorite band of all time...if I had known years ago that the customs project would take off so much, I wouldn't have bought a single piece of DLC and made the switch to Xbox. I guess I'll just watch YouTube videos and play along to the guitar track and pretend... :(

Tracking down a copy of an older edition RB3 for the xbox shouldn't be that much of an extra investment...

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

I told you about customs bro...

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

I'm super-hyped, let's do this!

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Peaches are sweet indeed, stoked!! I am a teeny bit sad that Breakfast in America will be the first Supertramp song I will be playing in Rock Band, but loving finally: Supertramp! I love you guys!

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

I hope you guys can help me, I'm getting more confused by the minute. Customs used to work fine on my xbox, until I hit the 256 song limit on the usb-stick. I deleted some songs through the xbox-menu and put other song on the stick to replace the earlier songs. After some time I noticed some songs were missing in my library. I tried wiping the usb-stick clean and starting over (deleting my rb3 save game in the process, ah well), but nothing is working anymore, just a handful of customs are showing up now. What am I missing here?

My save was copied to my usb-stick before, because I hoped that would keep the scores of customs, they disappeared on me all the time. It didn't help and now I've lost all scores and ratings. The second one is the biggest blow, but I don't care as long as I can play customs again.

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Nyxyxylyth posted:

Delete your cache.

If you use the same xbox for online and customs, make sure there's a separate cache for each. Use one stick for online, with the online save game and cache, and a different stick for customs, with the customs save game and cache.

I should have mentioned: cache has been rebuild several time in my reckless attempts, I will try again tomorrow, but I don't think that's it. I will take the dual stick approach to heart though.

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

So....this farottone is a crew of coders right, by golly the guy works fast. (I am a spoiled little princess please do the non-hits, just start from Indelibly Stamped and work you way up, on my desk by monday, have a nice weekend, I'm going golfing)

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

I don't know who those other bands are, but I'm glad Enter Shikari finally surfaced. I asked around to find out who charted it originally, but noone wanted to admit it. Yes, my taste is still the best taste.

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Please do the Beatallica version: "Hey Dude" instead, then you'll begin to be a shredder.

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

I'm going for Bondage Fairies.

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Flops posted:

We're just glad you guys have time to dedicate to this stuff. It's worth it to hear everyone belt out Separate Ways!

Also, I wish it hadn't taken me several hours to figure out why I couldn't put so many songs on one thumb drive only using Party Buffalo. The 256 folder limit is even in the C3 FAQ and I somehow missed that for so long. :v:

Oh man, you just invoked Orange Harrison so hard!

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Having things on the desktop should be fine, just don't use party buffalo, maybe use usbxtaf?

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

pksage posted:

We just announced the final songs in the Twelve Days of Customs! The final list looks like this.

C3 releases for December 25, 2013:

New! The Twelve Days of Customs 2013
  • Adele - "Someone Like You" (espher)
  • Bon Jovi - "Always" (DVDSmith)
  • The Chordettes - "Mr. Sandman" (Nyxyxylyth)
  • Culture Club - "Karma Chameleon" (farottone)
  • fun. - "Some Nights" (GHtoRB3)
  • Harvey Danger - "Flagpole Sitta" (pksage)
  • Lorde - "Royals" (jaychuck)
  • Nightwish - "Wishmaster" (DeathThreatUK)
  • Pitbull - "Hey Baby (Drop It to the Floor) (ft. T-Pain)" (AddyMilldike)
  • Queen - "Innuendo" (TrojanNemo)
  • Radiohead - "Paranoid Android" (BearzUnlimited)
  • Semisonic - "Closing Time" (Nightmare Lyre)
  • Tegan and Sara - "Closer" (drummerockband)
  • Tool - "Eulogy" (Gigakoops)

This project was a pretty big success based on player feedback, and we're stoked to keep making songs for you guys in 2014. \m/

Just want you to know I love you guys, and I want you all to have a short, well-deserved, two day break from authoring customs for me.

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

"It's the end of the year as we know it"?

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

farottone posted:

I always do these songs (that I do because I love them) like Evidence, like In a Broken Dream, and I think "who even knows these songs and who is gonna bother downloading them?", and then people are enthusiastic about them, go figure. :) Glad you liked it!

People are still enthousiastic, don't worry. You can just keep doing Mike Patton stuff if you like :)

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Gaspar Lewis posted:

We are a little overdue for a good California-era Mr. Bungle custom, ain't we?

I'm not picky, but yeah, pretty much.

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

whypick1 posted:

I think he means a version where the vocalist only does the cowbell.

The better question is "why in the year 2014 am I still hearing references to a loving terrible SNL sketch from 2000?"

Sounds like you have a fever...

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Did the Rock Band network even release a single song after Rock Band proper closed its doors? I thought you wanted to release some stuff still pksage?

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Homestuck confirmed.

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Ion, check, 360, check, thumbdrive, check, customs, check, murder, check!

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Comfort Eagle would be my pick.

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

I bought a second 360 just because my jtag'd xbox was banned and RBN started releasing songs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

hum

• Locked thread