Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
Anyone know of a way to get custom songs in the Wii version of Rock Band 3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

I'm hoping someone goes off and charts some Traveling Wilburys and some George Harrison and Ringo Starr. I mean we've gotten the other two beatles in Rock Band, Why was there no love for George and Ringo?

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Been waiting for This Boy for a while, glad it got a release

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Rain?

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

I just realized with the way the Beatles Rock Band Multitrack for Here Comes the Sun is layed out, it's very possible to chart one of the parts for pro keys.
Basically this part
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RC1FZXomRw

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

I'm really interested in seeing how you're going to seperate out everything when you chart Real Love

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Out of Curiousity, what version of Real Love are you using for the Real Love custom, Orange? The one from Anthology 2 or the speed corrected version from the Now and Then bootleg

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Orange Harrison posted:

The Anthology 2 version. I don't know why you'd use a bootleg for anything unless it has multitracks available. Multitrack bootlegs exist for some Beatles concerts and I have considered tracking one down for a true multitrack version of "She Loves You" since that song is too loud and busy for the mono original to work with my software.

I only say this because the Anthology 2 version kind of messes with the pitch and speed of John's Original vocals for the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEMBtta_PqM&t=264s

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Someone took it

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Personally, I feel the Paul McCartney original should've been used in place of the Guns N Roses version but w/e

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

I'm Dissappointed in the lack of the Star Spangled Banner by Jimi Hendrix

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Apparently someone found a way to get custom songs in Rock Band 3 for the Wii, when did this happen and why did no one inform me?

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Orange Harrison posted:

This, but with me.

Fake Edit: Good thing too because some guy sent my blog some smarmy message about "disappointing" him by missing another Friday.
Seriously, the level of entitlement some non-authors project.

More Beatles? :allears:

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

I'm hoping figures out an easier way to add customs to the Wii RB3 like RawkSD did for RB2. There's just a lot of loops I don't want to go through now to play customs

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Anyone know if they still make the Ion drum rocker?

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

I've always wondered if that Cease and Desist for RawkSD that harmonix sent over to the people who were working on it is still in effect now that DLC is completely done with and why has no one reverse engineered the RawkSD that works with RB2 to work with RB3?

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

pksage posted:

The pack in question comes out on October 18, and I think this thread will dig it. It's a large pack by an artist or band that was never in Rock Band. And you guys can guess, but we're not gonna give any sign (explicit or otherwise) of how close you are. :)

can you at least give us a hint? ;)

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Needs more George Harrison or Traveling Wilburys

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kaboobi posted:

Yeah well The Beatles were in Rock Band but I'd still gladly take/be surprised by a George Harrison pack :colbert:

Also we don't know if customs even count for this

George Harrison is a seperate artist from The Beatles :colbert:

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Chairchucker posted:

Do we have any Traveling Wilburys yet?

None the closest we ever got to it was I Won't Back Down by Tom Petty

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

I really want George Harrison and Traveling Wilburys customs, Ever since the release of Beatles Rock Band and the release of John and Paul DLC on Rock Band 3, I hoped that Ringo and George would have their moment to shine. Yet it never happened, Dhani Harrison failed us, but hopefully the community can fix this

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Orange Harrison posted:

I know this will sound like a "my uncle works at Nintendo" tall tale, but someone from HMX told me Dhani's involvement was pretty minimal and superficial, and then he went on to take all sorts of credit for things he barely/never touched.

Also one internet detective speculated to my inbox that I am Dhani Harrison, by a combination of my username, my closeness to some HMX folks, apparent access to Beatles master tracks, and it turns out Dhani and I have the same birthday. An excellent conspiracy theory, but ultimately untrue.

I'm onto you Orange, your trickery doesn't fool me :colbert:

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

I thought this week was suppose to be the giant 11 pack of songs?

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

I always wanted the option of having the lead guitarist be the lead singer while playing guitar at the same time. Would've been cool

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

I don't see why people are harping on Wonderful Christmastime, when they should be complaining about Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer, not only is a terrible song, but it spawned an even more terrible christmas movie

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

For the millionth time, I'm gonna say we need more George songs

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Is the Rock Band 3 store for Wii likely to be taken down when Nintendo shuts off the gameplay related services for the Wii on May 20th? I would normally think that's the case, but considering it's just a storefront and not "online play, matchmaking, and leaderboards" as Nintendo described the soon to be shutdown services.

No

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

For those who want to be spoiled it's

She Loves You

Also Orange, you still need the DVD tracks of Free As a Bird and Real Love because I have them.

bpc908 fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 21, 2014

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Orange Harrison posted:

You're probably the guy that messaged me off-forum about it. Yes I do still need them. I haven't replied to any customs-related messages anywhere for the past six months or so so don't take it personally. You should message me again.

I would message you with the links on tumblr but apparently you can't put links in the ask box

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

I hate how limited the George Harrison Gretsch Duo Jet and John Rickenbacker guitars were. I can never find them for less than $100 now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Orange Harrison posted:

My next custom is going to be released on my birthday as a reverse-present for everyone who is still lame enough to play RB!
Continuing the theme of "firsts in RB development", this one is going to (as far as I know) be the first multitrack custom optimized for 5.1 surround sound (not counting pre-mixed multitracks from GH conversions). "She Loves You" was the first RB custom with a crowd audio track, but couldn't be optimized for 5.1 because the master is mono.
While agreements with C3 dictate that I can disclose songs I'm working on, some followers (read: internet detectives) already know when my birthday is, and followers of my blog already know what I said my next custom is, so I can't explicitly disclose either without spoiling a C3 release (which is against the rules of my informal agreement with C3).
But my birthday is not far from now, and the song is a very highly demanded Beatles track (it is the 2nd most-requested Beatles song in my very annoying inbox).

Hey Jude with Keyboard support?

• Locked thread