Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Minidust posted:

I just bought a couple of songs songs from the actual Rock Band store, then rebooted with my "customs" USB stick. It did a full cache rebuild when I got to the main menu - is this a normal occurrence after buying DLC, or is there something somewhere else that I did wrong?
I didn't see anyone answer this question, but I'm curious about that myself. I'm about to jump into customs along with a lot of other people, but there are still a handful of DLC songs I want to pick up eventually. Is the best way to do that to load up update 5 and buy stuff from the music store and then reboot with custom stick, or would that cause issues? Would it be better to just buy songs through the regular Live marketplace?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
TU5 added the ability to hide 1 lighter songs from the song selection list. It is a pretty handy feature and I do miss it since downgrading for customs.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

My Lovely Horse posted:

Not to mention the same 2-3 chords during the whole song gets boring to play, although not quite as boring as all the difficulty 0 songs that have prominent keys parts, but only during the chorus, so 90% of the song you're just sitting there.
Yeah, I love playing keys, but there are just way too many songs like that. It's even worse if it's a song I'm not familiar with, since during the long breaks I have no idea when my part is going to kick in and I end up just staring at the note highway with my fingers tensed over the keyboard.

I've always thought it would be great to have the option to put a countdown on screen any time there's a significant break in your part, so that you can at least relax for a couple of minutes when you're not playing. Another hypothetical RB4 feature, I guess.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
I know Doolittle was one of the first full albums, but I was always bummed that we never got more Pixies. Even with customs there's still only one song off of Surfer Rosa.

• Locked thread