Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Yay this thread is great.

After a long time of not having someone who constantly posts stupid poo poo, my brother made a Facebook account:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I had a friend post an obviously bullshit thing about microwaves once:

quote:

Here is a Science fair project presented by a girl in a secondary school in Sussex . In it she took filtered water and divided it into two parts. The first part she heated to boiling in a pan on the stove, and the second part she heated to ...boiling in a microwave. Then after cooling she used the water to water two identical plants to see if there would be any difference in the growth between the normal boiled water and the water boiled in a microwave. She was thinking that the structure or energy of the water may be compromised by microwave. As it turned out, even she was amazed at the difference, after the experiment which was repeated by her class mates a number of times and had the same result.

It has been known for some years that the problem with microwaved anything is not the radiation people used to worry about, it's how it corrupts the DNA in the food so the body can not recognize it.

Microwaves don't work different ways on different substances. Whatever you put into the microwave suffers the same destructive process. Microwaves agitate the molecules to move faster and faster. This movement causes friction which denatures the original make-up of the substance. It results in destroyed vitamins, minerals, proteins and generates the new stuff called radiolytic compounds, things that are not found in nature.

So the body wraps it in fat cells to protect itself from the dead food or it eliminates it fast. Think of all the Mothers heating up milk in these 'Safe' appliances. What about the nurse in Canada that warmed up blood for a transfusion patient and accidentally killed him when the blood went in dead. But the makers say it's safe. But proof is in the pictures of living plants dying!!!
It's painfully obvious this thing is BS, but I had to Snopes it for her: http://www.snopes.com/science/microwave/plants.asp
She actually thanked me for it.

My favorite phrase is "dead food".

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
How do you say something like that and not have your brain suddenly melt?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I have to work with this poo poo head:

Haven't almost all of the people who carried out mass killings obtained their weapons either legally or from people who legally obtained them?*

*I'm not looking to start a discussion on guns. I'm posting a Facebook idiot

Fake edit: I hear him complaining to a co-worker that someone reported a picture on his wall as being offensive and it was removed. "it was probably one of my wife's stupid relatives. If you don't like what's on my page then don't read it." :rolleyes:

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
He says lots of hosed up poo poo. That's par for the course.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

senrath posted:

Uh, that phrase was around for hundreds of years before the Simpsons used it.

Eh, it happens. When I was a dumb teen, I thought "The death of one is a tragedy. The death of a million is a statistic," was a line from a Marilyn Manson song until I found out it was actually something Stalin said.

Idiots: I'm not in the mood to screen capture and photoshop it all out, so I'll just say that my brother's wall exploded with stupid "Gun law failed? Good! gently caress you Obama! ARE GUNS!" memes. I posted "What's a few dead kids, anyway?" on the latest.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Hahahaha "Who do I listen to: people who went to med school or people with a made up profession?"

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

bradzilla posted:

This happened a week ago how are there already images with artifacting? :psyboom:

It's not legit until it has artifacting.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Washington has to be the worst at beastiality because of the horse rape.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I'm for freedom as long as it's the definition of freedom I agree with.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Share for Eminem.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Oh god I'm flying to Phoenix on Friday. It's so tempting to go there, but I don't know if I want to subject the people I'll be with to that.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

FrozenVent posted:

:psyduck: Jesus loving christ what is wrong with these people for fucks sake seriously jesus lord almighty do they not get how loving lifejackets work its not that hard for christ sake sweet jumping fuckshit.

A personnal flotation device (PFD, what you wear to go canoeing. It's not a life jacket in the official sense) is designed to keep your head out of the water (Notice I said head, not face - there's the difference between a PFD and a life jacket). There's no design consideration as to the head of a freaking baby strapped around your chest because the makers of the PFD, in their male-centric, childfree and motherhood-erasing worldview, assumed that any air intake would happen above the shoulders of the PFD wearers.

...that's a lots of words to say that holy poo poo on a stick, these people are dumb as all gently caress.

To apologize for this terrible rant, have a cute picture of a baby in a PFD:

Babies should know better than to post on Facebook.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
:freep: ARE GUNS!
:byodood: Founding Fathers!

I had a bad start to my day, so I decided "gently caress it" and jumped into the fray. Usually avoid the poo poo this guy says. I'm blue.

E: Red just responded with "It's so the government can track how much ammo people have!" :tinfoil: much?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

its all nice on rice has a new favorite as of 17:35 on May 31, 2013

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

York_M_Chan posted:

What astounds me is that people seems to think they will actually be able to fight off the US Gubberment on that imaginary day when they come to take their guns.

Additionally, when people start quoting the dictionary, you know no headway will ever be made.

Hey man I looked up those definitions in a reputable dictionary (read: Google).

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Pope Mobile posted:

:freep: ARE GUNS!
:byodood: Founding Fathers!

I had a bad start to my day, so I decided "gently caress it" and jumped into the fray. Usually avoid the poo poo this guy says. I'm blue.

E: Red just responded with "It's so the government can track how much ammo people have!" :tinfoil: much?

Oh it gets better! I stopped trying. Why are people so goddamn stupid?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I've seen this shared four times, all from "Mah guns!" people. The best part is that it was posted by "Protect the Second Amendment".

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Sagebrush posted:

I always wonder if these people got just as upset when Bush took more vacation days than any other president in history, including Obama (one third of his total days in office I believe). Or if they even noticed.

They don't because they believe Obama has already taken more vacation days than any other president, including Bush. I was arguing with a libertarian at work once who could not stop going on about how much vacation Obama takes. He was adamant that Barack had taken more "personal days" in his first three years than GW had in his entire eight. And even if Bush took more time off (which he totally didn't) it was in America and he still worked while on the Ranch so nya nya neener neener.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I feel like I'm looking at a wax statue come to life every time I see her.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Do I create as much CO2 as an internal combustion engine??

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
He should film himself reviewing fast food or awkwardly talking to women. That's sure to be a hit.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I love car analogies. They're the best.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Black is mom. Blue is their newborn. Red is dad.

I love hearing about babies taking a poo poo.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

hepscat posted:

Bet that graphic looked pretty sweet on blingee.

Man, our straight rainbows have nothing on those fab gay ones.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Regalingualius posted:

Well, there's my first reported FB page ever. :barf:

Really, why do people ever think it's a good idea to put something like this out in pub-- On second thought, I probably don't want to know the thought process that goes on here, do I?

Because they're idiots. That's really all it boils down to. They're also too stupid to undestand that "freedom of speech" doesn't apply on a privately owned website they've agreed to the terms and conditions of because said website isn't the government.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
And they left out that Barbie is bulimic.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Oh Hell No posted:

Friend found this on his feed.

Also, if you're calling about the used towels, they're still available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Vaccines cause autism people!!!!!!! I don't know the commenter, but I'm pretty sure their "research" consisted of reading holistic medicine websites and following Jenny Mccarthy's Twitter.
Doing some research on the article (which is a copy-paste from another ~natural medicine~ website), the author is making some jumps from vaccines to autism. The short of it is that the parents claimed their kid started showing symptoms of encephalitis after receiving the MMR vaccine. Said symptoms occurred within 15 days of receiving the MMR vaccine, which was within the window of time allowed by the court for there to be a correlation. As such, the case was settled in favor of the parents.
The vast majority of the documents related to the hearing and decision are sealed. All we have to go on are what the parents are saying and the information from a few medical exams after the vaccines.
How do people so easily jump to ridiculous conclusions from an obviously biased source?

• Locked thread