Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Eagerly awaiting Brits posting rants about Thatcher's death :allears: I only got a few posts about it, but it was either "Glad she's dead!" or "She was great!" No middle ground is allowed I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

RideTheSpiral posted:

At the risk of being called immature I am going to admit I found this hashtag quite amusing. As far as idiot things go, even one hash tag on facebook is too many.

Beans and bacon is loving delicious, what's his point? A fagot is just a boring instrument. Ail? gently caress it I'm lost. I will eat that picture.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Shuffle posted:

Sigh, this was a good friend, I thought she was smarter then this

Okay I ask honestly, what am I missing here? It's two pictures, of the same woman, one being skewed but still clearly the same original picture. What are they trying to say? I'm not from the US so Sandy Hook has mainly just been 'another tragic school shooting' in my mind. I feel like I'm missing something terribly important here.

And to contribute, my only American friend just shared:

She is pro 2A and I agree with the amendment and all, but it honestly feels like a gut-punch she would re-post that. It's so polarized, all I could comment with was 'really?'

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

VogeGandire posted:

This the point that needs to be made every time someone makes the "THEY MAKE MORE MONEY IF THEY DON'T CURE IT" argument.

Cancer will happen, even if we do have a cure. They can then sell that cure. And they will sell it by the truckload, because as it turns out, cancer isn't much fun. So they have a captive market. If a company manages to monopolize the cancer cure market with a cure that actually works, they will make UN-loving-TOLD amounts of money.

So, basically, I've just proved that "A cure for cancer is a good thing for everyone." I shouldn't have to explain this, internet. :negative:

Uhm, excuse me, but you don't have a source for this "fact." Please provide an obscure website.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Beet them? Is that like egging a house? Sounds a bit mean to me.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Have the kid/little person sit on the shoulders of the middle guy, everyone loves to sit on shoulders. Save boxes for later box activities.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Pfft, FORMER Grand Wizard? If he was current, he might have a chance.

Seriously, what the gently caress?

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

GreenMetalSun posted:

I sincerely don't get these people.

Being a nerd is now so cool that gorgeous women are desperate to be one so they can hang out with me and talk about Star Wars?

It seems win-win.

They're not women, they're "females" taking over THEIR word. And they only date douchebags anyway (douchebag gamers/nerds I guess? I can't follow the logic any more.)

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

It's kind of sad for me to see a friend become baby-obsessed. She wasn't a close friend of mine, but she was on the course to get a job after being unemployed for a while, and then she meets an apparently known scumbag. 6 months later they're engaged, first kid on the way, work status changed to 'MUMMY AND PROUD OF IT' and a lot of passive aggressive statuses. 1 year later, a new kid. I mean, I hope she's happy and all, and hope the children grow up in a good home, but it just looks strange from the outside. I unfriended a bunch of people a while ago, but it wouldn't surprise me if they're working on a third one.

Oddly enough, I know of three welsh couples, including her, and they are all having 3+ kids. What is going on down there?!

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

MyFaceBeHi posted:

I'm just glad that I live in the UK and virtually no-one gives a poo poo about what happens over the pond anyway. In fact, with so many dull updates which consist of "OMG SUMMER IS HERE," "I'm sat in my garden, have an instagram of a half eaten ice cream" and "[picture of temperature reading on car dashboard] bit warm out, heh heh" I'd love to have some overtly racist Zimmerman updates just so I can laugh at something!

I have a lot of UK friends, and they do exactly this, especially the dash board reading. Yeah, your car will get hot while parked at your workplace. Snow also falls in the winter.

Granted, I make an update or two if I'm having a particularly great day because I don't have a lot of those, so maybe I'm part of the problem :ohdear:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Crow Jane posted:

Somehow I always manage to make the cut, lucky gal that I am.

Think I found the reason.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Strudel Man posted:

People use 'dope' to refer to a number of different illegal drugs, heroin included.

Dope has always been heroin to me. But I see it used for both all the time, depending on context. Could apparently also be a slang for ammo, as per Black Hawk Down, though I don't know if that's a real thing. "You might as well take dope and beer instead [of night goggles]." - "?" - "Ammo, dude. Take ammo."

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

utada posted:

I think anymore people have a knee-jerk reaction to Bill Cosby because of that "I'm 83 and tired" piece that makes the rounds constantly and was proven to be fake.

Hey you never know. When he's actually 83, he might become a raving racist!

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

I did. I was a dumb teenager :saddowns:
It's amusing that WinRAR still has license packs up to 999 for as low as $5800! Come on guys, group buy?

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Why the gently caress is he so invested in making the swastika socially acceptable to use again? It never will be. As that guy pointed out, it's still used today by neo-nazis, it didn't just stop when Nazi Germany fell.

He just watched Clerks 2 and the porch monkey scene, didn't he?

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

I want to see her blow her stack at an innocent young kid wearing that shirt in public. Check your friendship privilege!

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Segmentation Fault posted:

I get the appeal of roleplay. I mean, I play Dungeons and Dragons and Space Station 13... but horse_ebooks roleplay? :psyduck:

Hahaha what? They RPed about random poo poo horse_ebook tweeted? What the gently caress is wrong with pe-- oh nevermind. The GBS thread about this thing seems to clarify it a bit; it was a spambot at first, but got handed over to these art people, as far as I can tell.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Here's the link: http://www.examiner.com/article/if-you-are-muslim-you-can-opt-out-of-the-obamacare-health-care-reform-laws-with-no-penalties
"We wonder why these certain groups get a free ride. We also wonder why the largest religious block in North and South America the Christians are discriminated against like this. Very odd indeed."

The irony of complaining about what the next president will inherit. It's good to know that the world is divided into 4-8 year segments, really.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

gobboboy posted:

It's like police almost don't try to kill people.

I think that has more to do with the very high ERROR RATE ERROR ERROR BEEP BOOP.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Art in its purest form.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

"Science" isn't an analogue to religion, I so hate that comparison. I follow "Science is awesome" on Facebook, but that's just to see neat things. What hurts everyone are the loudmouth fanatics that can't loving shut up and accept that whoever they're arguing has a different view of things than them.

EDIT: So here's a thing I guess. I have one American friend, and they share the dumbest things sometimes. drat that Obama for shutting down everything.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/07/obama-oks-illegals-march-on-mall-still-blocks-americans/

old bean factory has a new favorite as of 23:29 on Oct 8, 2013

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Non-insane muslims and communities never speak out and condemn terrorist attacks and fanatic murders. Nope, never.
Links picked at random, but come the gently caress on. Every time there's an attack made in the name of Islam, there's a scramble to condemn the acts. Not that it has an effect on the people equating over a billion muslims to terrorists.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX_vcjZmQ9w
Is what I thought of. Enjoy! (Girl eating her own hair)

old bean factory has a new favorite as of 22:19 on Oct 10, 2013

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

LaughMyselfTo posted:

I agreed with the guy's first post, but his second post was :psyduck:. I like energy drinks better than "pops" because energy drinks are more toxic waste with more sugar added.

Am I missing something here? Energy drinks are nothing more than regular soda plus added caffeine and other stimulants.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

I identify as a bowler, and I too want to feel outraged at something!

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Limited peripheral vision, airsoft Garand and airsoft M16 magazines. Yeah that'll help the revolution.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

vaguely posted:

It's not even difficult but somehow 3 of my friends have fallen victim to it already.

Aw crap, I thought that was just my friend being moderately witty. Should've known :smith:

ninja edit: though to be fair they modified it a bit to fit their writing style.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Aaand BitStrips have spread to my tiny corner of the world. God damnit.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Yay, it's the time around Remembrance Day :neckbeard: I've not had anything this year sadly, but do share any racist and untrue stories from the UK about muslims making GBS threads on poppy fields and whatnot.
I wish Openbook.org was still around.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Offended by chewing gum :wtc: = same-sex marriage. Got it.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

If you can't touch your brain, you're not doing the trepanning right.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Send him to Australia. He might be popular there.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

I think this thread has jaded some people a bit too much :reject:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Haha, I know it's low-hanging fruit to make fun of the technologically ignorant, but if you press F12 in Chrome you get a similar screen. Wrapping children in a block is a pretty severe case of abuse, though.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Deadman63 posted:

But since Clinton was lying, wouldn't that mean that they DID mean to say racist things? Or am I reading that wrong?

Fairly sure they got lost in their train... of... thought? But whatever - bible.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

In my school from grades 1-6 or so, we assembled in the hall to sing random songs out of a book we all got handed out. It was boring as poo poo, and most just mumbled along. No hymns that I can recall, but it was a bit odd thinking back. We all hoped for the ones with the least verses.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Are there actually any journalists left? Or do you just need to produce a blog post and you get a 'PRESS' card to tug in your fedora hat band?

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

From my Euro/UK centric point of view, it seems perfectly fine to refer to someone as 'they', it doesn't have to be plural at all. And while anecdotal, the one gender-queer person I know prefer 'they' so take that as you may. It's just an easy catch-all.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Amused to Death posted:

I mean I never had a curfew anyways but if I ever did come home and find that I would've just broke into the drat house.

And then your dad shoots you http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/12/23/stepfather-shoots-kills-daughter-apparently-by-accident/.
:smith:

For dumb content:

drat you, Al Gore!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

I hate it when government officials spend part of the budget to do normal human things so they don't go loving insane.

• Locked thread