Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

d3c0y2 posted:

Has that Wonka picture been completely co-opted by Conservatives and Libertarians, the last time I saw one of them wasn't stupid must have been years ago.

The last time I saw one of those that wasn't stupid was... never, actually.

I don't understand what the red markings are for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Seeing the Canadian, UK, and Australian images make me feel good, because they let me know that the ignorant, racist, and terrible people aren't unique to the US, they're in every country. Or wait, maybe good is the wrong word. :smith:

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Is that the "I know discrimination as a left-hander" guy? :allears:

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Well this is a good outlook to have.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

That last one is a really obvious troll designed to snag grammar spergs, and the Barney one is... you know what? I can't tell on the Barney one. Poe's Law in action. I seriously cannot tell.

The whole "Barney is Satan" thing has been around for almost a decade. I haven't seen it in a while, and certainly not on Facebook, so I'm surprised that it just suddenly appeared.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Assberging posted:

I have no doubt that he 100% wholeheartedly believes this. His entire wall is filled with stuff like this.

HOW!? That doesn't make sense! What does he even say? At least other conspiracy theories sound believable if you only hear half the story and ignore all science. :psyboom:

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Taaaaaaarb! posted:

Nthing not learning finances in high-school. There weren't even electives to teach the stuff, but the function of government, politics, law and history were covered in social studies :canada::respek::ussr:

Edit: along with a bit of history.

I took an economics class in high school, but all that consisted of was the teacher spending the entire period eating crackers and taking naps and the students talking to each other.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Isn't that a facial mask? I don't think she's about to do some Al Jolson routine.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Phisty posted:

Why do people do this? The image has 381,919 shares.

"I know nothing will happen but it doesn't hurt to try!" :downs:

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

I'd have to agree with that image. No woman would ever say that a "nice guy" is the only person to be nice to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

dijon du jour posted:

"Chemical" is like this magical word that people who have no idea what they're talking about feel this compulsion to use. This is good because you can automatically assume that any non-academic article that contains the word "chemical" without any modifiers is mostly going to be the author talking out of their rear end.

Tah dah! Now you don't have to waste your time reading the article. :thumbsup:

Fast food contains sodium chloride! That's one atom away from chlorine which is poisonous! :supaburn:

• Locked thread