Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

That cake looks delicious you monster.

That cake looks like it's mostly fondant, which sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

happyhippy posted:

'Cures Death' means you have to be dead already to eat it.
Man, doesn't he play any Final Fantasy?

Final Fantasy characters are considered KOed unless they die in a cutscene. :japan:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Checkmate, atheists. :rolleyes:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

ratbert90 posted:

90's babies photos? Do kids born in the loving 90's need to feel special about using VCR's?

Most of those "90's babies" probably aren't even old enough to remember a time before DVDs anyways.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Not mentioned here is the huge raise the cast demanded to continue doing the show. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't shake this nagging feeling that someone in the bible mentions being greedy is a thing thou shalt not do.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

SaltLick posted:

I like how most people I know who watch and love Duck Dynasty hated on Jersey Shore during its run. It's a shame too because Jersey Shore was hilarious. I haven't seen DD but I assume its like a southern version of JS based on how they are idolizing the characters.

The southern version of Jersey Shore was called Buckwild and it was cancelled about a month later when cast members started dying or got arrested for possession/distribution.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

SheepNameKiller posted:

I have a lot of relatives who post similar stuff, I usually just smirk to myself and take some joy in the fact that they feel every day like their values are dying a slow death in society.

But seriously, the world is full of people like that and you'll never convince them all that they're wrong. Don't waste your time.

Their values are dying a slow death because more and more people are realizing every day that you don't need to be a lovely person because a book said so.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Pyrotoad posted:

Aren't they being accused of actual illegal things though as well? I doubt a staged show would go that far.

They admitted to stealing tips in the show, and then claimed they did not admit to stealing tips.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Eponine posted:

Meat tenderizer works for bee stings, actually! Here's even something from the Mayo Clinic. Obviously you use the powder, not the kitchen utensil.

I assume you have bigger problems than a bee sting if you used the utensil.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Ringo Star Get posted:

Every time I see those I just want to hop in and say "for what?". I guarantee they'll think doing President stuff is illegal.

I don't think they even understand what treason actually is.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Guys, my aunt posted this and another one of my aunts liked it as well as my younger brother. What do I do help help help

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/02/05/142288/reagan-centennial/?mobile=nc

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

graynull posted:

As soon as I saw that photo on Huffinton Post, I knew someone was going to poo poo themselves in anger. I'm glad/disappointed I was right.

Obama could be spoon-feeding a malnourished child with cancer and they would complain that he's wasting taxpayer dollars feeding some welfare queen's child, and also Obamacare caused the cancer.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Ballin Stalin posted:

Now I'm far from a SJW, but there's no doubt that, as an egalitarian and woman, I would find the comments these people from the Take America Back page utterly repulsive. Let's take a look at a sample of comments.

Cool.

You could play conservative bingo with that image and hit every square. Racism, misogyny, unprovoked and extreme violence, rape...

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Then we can ship the most poor to special camps that suspiciously continue to take people in while no one leaves.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Fandyien posted:

I really don't trust that figure, how on earth do you even go about establishing that "619 million" number. But either way yeah drawing a grotesque equivalency between humans and people is wrong and stupid whether you're comparing people on food stamps to bears or the meat industry to the Holocaust.

Assuming the number isn't a total asspull, maybe they're counting bugs or something equally stupid because we can't possibly be killing a billion livestock animals every week.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

"Purple drank?" I'm not even going to google that + Trayvon Martin because I know I'll just get a bunch of racist idiots.

But seriously, it's a well known fact that all black people; excuse me, thugs, like grape soda i.e. purple drank (and watermelon). So OF COURSE Trayvon drank so much of it that it fried his brain.

Purple drink is just cheap artificial grape juice, for what it's worth.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
White people food is basically anything that comes out of a box or can.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Ogive posted:

I made video games for 12 years. I can confirm that QA is not something you need a degree for, and "playing the same game for 11-13 hours a day" is being generous. It's closer to 14 to 16 hours a day. The publisher sometimes provides some extra QA bodies towards the end of the cycle, but charges the developers time and a half overtime (whether the testers get it is another thing). I've been in the room when management told the publisher-provided testers it was ok to go back to the hotel, then told our testers to stay right where they were. (You'll love unpaid overtime as a tester).

Now, in addition to 6-8 unpaid hours a day (it's like working 2 minimum wage jobs but getting paid for 1), imagine working on the buggiest poo poo most annoying game you can possibly imagine. Levels aren't there or are redesigned. Shadows stop working. Instead of textures you get hallways of bright orange. That level you played through until your eyes bled? Cut. You complain to the developers but everyone curtly dismisses you because you're a tester. And forget any sort of balance, it'll swing wildly from day to day.

Game testing is literally hell on earth. Doom 2 was a documentary that occurred in real time, and all the heads on pikes were forcibly donated from testers.

Occasionally, a team coalesces and a gem is forged; this is rare. Equally as rare is the tester who rises up above the rest (it does happen) and becomes a developer. For gently caress's sake, don't get a Game Testing QA degree. You might as well tattoo "Credulous Moron" on your forehead and invest in the lottery instead.

None of this is hidden information either. I learned about what testers go through years ago when I was researching it back in school.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Seedge posted:

Do idiots on Kickstarter count?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/481281587/cheevos-the-movie-bboy360-reaching-100k-gamerscore

He wants to make a movie about two high Gamerscore guys fighting over a high Gamerscore girl.

MySpace friends are still a thing? :psyduck:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Sandweed posted:

I don't often get much sweet mra whining, but my redit dweling friend of a friend just posted this:

Everyone knows He-Man gets his muscles and chiseled good looks from the Power of Grayskull. :colbert:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Amused to Death posted:

Vaccine stuff from my own feed!

This:

Kenneth Copeland doesn't care about anything besides money and how to keep the IRS off his rear end, so this is hardly surprising.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
Just out of curiosity, how long would it take for the materials from the reactor to lose their radiation anyways?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Met posted:

Those poor Christians are so oppressed in America. :qq:

They sure like to think they are.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

FrozenVent posted:

So the utility company is installing smart meters. Apparently these report by radio or wireless or whatever, so OMG WAVES! This guy wrote a long status about gently caress that, blah blah blah, they charge $200 a year to have a meter reader come out, well he's gonna get his money's worth and make the guy run an obstacle course blah blah blah.

A friend liked it. "Ah! That'll show them!"

They're certified as a merchant ship officer (So you know, radar observer and operator) and long range radio operator. :eng99:

A) No one comes out to read a smart meter, that's the point.

B) As a former meter reader, if I couldn't access your meter then that's on your head, not mine. A higher-up will come out, verify the meter is inaccessible, then you get notice to clean up your poo poo or we make start making some lofty estimations on how high your meter is running each month.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

trunkwontopen posted:

but it's not a terrible song.

So what's your opinion on the relationship dynamic in the Twilight novels?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Themata posted:

This one about speaking English:

This one is especially stupid. If you want a BLT then tell them lettuce and tomato. Some people are allergic or don't want tomato and it's much easier to verify that they want some then to assume they do and ruin the whole thing and waste food.

Also I did not know about the garlic bread recall. I was apparently unaffected but they still haven't said how exactly it was contaminated. v:v:v

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Hood Ornament posted:

2009 was a really rapey year.

I don't know how to feel about the fact that I wasn't the only one that thought that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Jack Krauser posted:

Yes thank you for this great and pointless advice

That's a whole lot of bullshit to say exactly what doctors have for years. "Drink lots of water because it's good for you"

• Locked thread