Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Patware
Jan 3, 2005

If he keeps doing one-shots, I'm excited to see just how many designs he recycles. The spitting image of the luchadore girl showed up for a couple panels in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Read up to this page, went 'nope' and closed the tab. I'm tired of this mangaka's pervy bullshit and without the investment I had in early HSDK I've found I'm not willing to put up with it.

Same, not because of the pervy but because it was just so generic. It was a one shot and let's hope that it stays that way.

He is going to do two more one shots. Let's see how completely different those will turn out to be.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Patware posted:

If he keeps doing one-shots, I'm excited to see just how many designs he recycles. The spitting image of the luchadore girl showed up for a couple panels in there.

Her hair was a bit curlier. She's TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

Ok, for the next one shot.

There is a dark-haired teenage boy doing martial arts at an old-style Japanese house garden. A girl with long hair(and huge tits) comes and then... I dunno, I ran out of original ideas. No, wait, Psychic Powers! They are phychic martial arts.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Nov 28, 2014

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

trucutru posted:

Her hair was a bit curlier. She's TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

Ok, for the next one shot.

There is a dark-haired teenage boy doing martial arts at an old-style Japanese house garden. A girl with long hair(and huge tits) comes and then... I dunno, I ran out of original ideas. No, wait, Psychic Powers! They are phychic martial arts.

That summon swords to fight corrupted guardian spirits. Which apparently is the true duty of the ninja, instead of, you know, assassinating people and stuff.

I would kinda hope that it's him working the last of the 'high school martial arts' concept out of his system for a while. Like, with how abrupt it ended, it may have left him with some niggling to do something similar.

Honestly, the only thing interesting about the one shot is the monster itself, if simply for the style of its design. Massive, detailed monster hand that fades away into tiny little wisp hands when you try to tear it open is kinda neat. Just wish it had a better story (and a greater sense of shame) around it.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
That was pretty cool hand, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
When are the other two one-shots due out, anyways?

• Locked thread