Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Screaming Idiot posted:

There is a mod for Skyrim that turns all the dragons into Macho Man Randy Savage. That means Skyrim is the best Elder Scrolls game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bifmj1O3D24
:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Screaming Idiot posted:

There is a mod for Skyrim that turns all the dragons into Macho Man Randy Savage. That means Skyrim is the best Elder Scrolls game.

Now if only I could integrate this with the Macho Dragons mod.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
On the subject of Oblivion faces, my current character had a tragic vampirism accident last night and my first thought was of this thread.

At first he just looked like an unremarkable Oblivion vampire, complete with the weird part where it sticks human eyes on beastfolk characters.

Then at some point over the course of the evening's adventures...

:stonk:

:stonklol:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

mushroom_spore posted:

On the subject of Oblivion faces, my current character had a tragic vampirism accident last night and my first thought was of this thread.

At first he just looked like an unremarkable Oblivion vampire, complete with the weird part where it sticks human eyes on beastfolk characters.

Your lizard turned into a dinosaur.
Also, Oblivion, what the hell.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Screaming Idiot posted:

At first I was like "oh gawd" then Disco Inferno started up and I cracked up laughing.

Ghost Stromboli posted:

Actually it's so the fans can turn every NPC and character model into a sexy fuckbot with huge tits and revealing armor. But man oh man do those fuckbots look so much better in Skyrim. Not that I use them or anything.

Lies make baby Talos cry.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Reasons For Lizard Wizard to Play Skyrim As An Argonian
*If you play a wizard, the name fits
*Whenever they call you "Dragonborn", you can go "why you racis... oh. Why, yes, yes I am the dragon born. Thuum and poo poo".
*When you get the firebreath shout, you can imagine that you're a tiny flightless dragon.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

JcDent posted:

*When you get the firebreath shout, you can imagine that you're a tiny flightless dragon.

Well... the dragonborn/Dovakhin is sorta already that, what with having a mortals body but a dragons soul and all.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Screaming Idiot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE6YWE_RXA8

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

mushroom_spore posted:

His... his skull melted. That's all I can see from that. :psyduck:

Metaligatr
Mar 10, 2013

Khajit was up all night to get lucky.
Hey guys it's been a while, what's u-

mushroom_spore posted:

:stare:

(in other news I second argonian for a potential new Lizard Wizard Skyrim LP because colourful raptor people are the best)

Gigify
Jul 17, 2011
First time I've posted in a LW thread.

Bastard you got me to reinstall Skyrim for that Elder Scrolls experience.

Looking forward to the FG quests as I haven't done that since I first played the game and did everything. I can't remember how it ended up. I can't imagine playing again without mods. I always completed the game once without mods as fast as possible then used mods to make the experience actually worth going through. Wish I had the fortitude to keep it up at at our age like you do, LW.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Still More Guilding

So, last time we were sent off to Anvil for...oh god, what was it again?

Oh yes. Our quest is to get a quest in Anvil instead of Chorrol, because our good friend with the terrible mohawk told us to.

Azzan's asleep, so we might as well get some fresh blood so we can fast travel when we're done with whatever bullshit this is. And hey, sweet tip, NPC!

All right, wake up.

yesssssssssss

I...yes. :psyduck:
Good to see you're working hard. I've got some more thieves for you to deal with in Anvil.
Please pretend Sterv's thumbnail isn't out of date. :sweatdrop:

Thieves?
There have been a number of thefts in the area, and witnesses believe the thieves are holed up nearby. Check around, and see what you can learn.
Hah! Simple.
I'm not sure the numbers you'll be dealing with, so I'm sending you with another new recruit, Maglir.
...please do not. :sterv:
I believe you two have already met.

Yes.
Sounds like we need to ask around Anvil for any clues. Figures we'd get a mission without any real direction. I'll follow you.
Pfagh.

Better we wait until the clues are AWAKE.

The blacksmith will be just as good as any a place to ask, and to move some loot besides.

And move some loot we do. Exclusively dubiously useful or outdated gear, and we come out 7000 septims richer.

Hmmmm. Heard about any thieves?

Got it.

Newheim appears to be outside of town, so I decide to check my map.

This is actually a bad idea. What you are seeing is Oblivion not knowing what to do about menus. Subsequently it did not know what to do about the map, causing the game to crash.
All you had to do was follow the drat compass, LW!

All right, let's just go to him this time.

hup

Pictured: Cyrodiilic spray tan.

YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS :catbert:

What happened here? Why is inbred Nord Jughead Jones on my computer screen?

Oh golly gee gosh they're in a cave how exciting!

Can you guess what happens next?

Well we fight through the cave all properly and turn in the drat quest.

OR DO WE

See that mildly different looking bit in the middle of the screen? Course ya don't.

In my wandering I somehow accumulated a whopping 90% Chameleon at some point. It's not literally game-breaking like 100%...

...but it's pretty drat good for letting us sneak during full-on battles! Also, note the 1x multiplier for sneak attacks with two-handed weapons. Goddamn bullshit is what it is.

Maglir's not really of any help and I'm detected, so unfortunately I have to drop the sneaky poo poo so I can better slay these clowns head-on.

I mean, not that it's hard.

Thread assignment: pronounce Thrangirfin.

And THEN I- wait what the gently caress am I typing.

Me and Maglir killed the guys, the end, let's go get another quest.

Not pictured: fast travel to Cheydinhal and speaking to Burz gro-Khash.

:catstare:

beru04
May 4, 2013

Stop making me realise things.

quote:

I think this game has reached max :smuggo:

beru04 fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 26, 2015

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

beru04 posted:

I think this game has reached max :smuggo:

We need a :downsmug: smiley.

Solovey
Mar 24, 2009

motive: secret baby

quote:

Is it just me, or...

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

I saw that as well. I was like, "INCONCEIVABLE!"

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Huh, who's that?

beru04
May 4, 2013

Stop making me realise things.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Huh, who's that?

You don't know who that is?

INCONCEIVABLE.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Lizard Wizard posted:

Huh, who's that?

:catstare:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

beru04 posted:

You don't know who that is?

INCONCEIVABLE.

*googles*

In my defense, I was a toddler at the time. :colbert:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

The faces produced by oblivion continue to be the best part of oblivion.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
What is it about Nords that makes them look like they were made out of the ugly sticks that people beat the rest of Cyrodiil with? Their faces are almost always the worst.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Lizard Wizard posted:

*googles*

Looks like you've got your homework for tonight :mad:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Lizard Wizard posted:

*googles*

Just stop posting and watch it already. It's far more important than Oblivion will ever be.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
My attempt at pronounce thrangirfin

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I see Sterv got himself some ebony at long last. I'd tell you to get some Daedric plate, but Daedric gear in Oblivion is insanely heavy and would need a Feather enchantment on some of it to allow Sterv to carry all his phat lewtz around. Secondly, it's worth more in septims than it is in damage resistance. Thirdly, the fact that Sterv's been though several Oblivion Gates already and isn't tricked out in a full set of Daedric gear tells me you're just not interested. I will admit, though, ebony looks far cooler.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Lizard Wizard posted:

*googles*

Why are you posting when you could be watching The Princess Bride?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ScreamingLlama posted:

I see Sterv got himself some ebony at long last. I'd tell you to get some Daedric plate, but Daedric gear in Oblivion is insanely heavy and would need a Feather enchantment on some of it to allow Sterv to carry all his phat lewtz around. Secondly, it's worth more in septims than it is in damage resistance. Thirdly, the fact that Sterv's been though several Oblivion Gates already and isn't tricked out in a full set of Daedric gear tells me you're just not interested. I will admit, though, ebony looks far cooler.

A) I haven't seen any Daedric gear yet, and

B) Sterv got himself some ebony ten months ago.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
What level is Sterv? According to UESP daedric gear doesn't even enter the leveled drop lists until level 20, and the dremora types that wear it don't show up until 22. So...yeah.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Stop posting and go watch the Princess Bride.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

mushroom_spore posted:

What level is Sterv? According to UESP daedric gear doesn't even enter the leveled drop lists until level 20, and the dremora types that wear it don't show up until 22. So...yeah.

Exactly 20 as of the latest recording session.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I also haven't seen The Princess Bride. I kinda want to, but the drat thing's not on netflix, and I really can't be assed to scour the internet to find a lovely SD version of it that I'd probably have to torrent. :effort:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Blaziken386 posted:

I also haven't seen The Princess Bride. I kinda want to, but the drat thing's not on netflix, and I really can't be assed to scour the internet to find a lovely SD version of it that I'd probably have to torrent. :effort:

Eh, just Redbox it. That's what I plan on doing.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Heirloom heirloom heirloom? Heirloom heirloom, heirloom heirloom heirloom. Heirloom!

-- oblivion_quests.txt

nuvan
Mar 29, 2008

And the gentle call of the feral 3am "Everything is going so well you can't help but panic."

Blaziken386 posted:

Yay Canada!

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011

Glazius posted:

Heirloom heirloom heirloom? Heirloom heirloom, heirloom heirloom heirloom. Heirloom!

-- oblivion_quests.txt

Heirloom? Cave. Cave heirloom.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Bandit bandit heirloom. Bandit cave, cave bandit? Cave cavecave cave HIDEOUS FACE heirloom.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Inspector Sterv and the Case of the Unscrupulous Usurer

So long as we're on the road, it couldn't hurt to try and raid a dungeon.

It's mostly an excuse to experiment with Chameleon.

And hell, let's try out a paralysis poison while we're here too.

:eyepop:

The duration on that poison was unfortunately pretty short, so the minotaur's only actually on the floor for a second, if that. He's still vulnerable while he's getting back up, though, and we were able to take him down without actually alerting anyone because of it. Good to know.

If nothing else, dungeons in this game are nice for getting gold. Don't know what I should be spending it on, though.

I mean, clearly not poisons.

Sneaking remains some absurdly powerful poo poo. Why did nobody tell me about sneaking? And Steam friend, why are you playing Sonic Adventure? Don't play Sonic Adventure.

You could just as easily be playing Sonic Adventure 2, it's way better.

I mean there's the metal chao eggs sure, but I don't think transferring them to SA2 is even a thing in the Steam version.

Don't do this to yourself, man.

WHOA THAT'S A DREUGH BETTER KILL IT LIKE ANYTHING ELSE

Anything else here? No? All right, let's get going.

On the bright side, we have this thing to do when we get to Leyawiin.

Actually, poo poo, is that Bravil? Let's stop in Bravil.

We pick up a quest to find a man gone missing over his gambling debts. Sure, let's play the hero.

Oh, we're counting on that, lady. Let's go see this Kurdan.

I understand you know Aleron Loche. Where is he?
None of yer drat business. I'd tell you if I like you...and I don't.
And if my good friend TIBER SEPTIM were asking? :homebrew:

And what's that?
I just learned that a family heirloom, the Axe of Dragol, which one of my stupid relatives lost, is located on Fort Grief Island in Niben Bay.

If you go there and bring it back to me, I'll tell you exactly where Aleron is.
And if I do not?
Then Aleron may not be coming home from his, ahhh, journey, for a very long time. Like permanently.
Hmm.
Whenever yer ready, and it better be soon, I'll have a boat waitin' for you to get to Fort Grief Island.

And you want your Axe of Dragol, yes?
Yeah. It's a battleaxe with the word "Dragon" carved into the haft. Huge. You can't miss it. I ain't gonna draw you a picture.
Khajiit can remember this.

The boat's not far, and it summarily teleports us to Fort Grief.

Hm yes not a murder island

In the interest of full disclosure, I've done this quest before (by the way, spoilers, it's a murder island) and I feel like trying to break it.

Several paintbrushes later...

:toot:

:confuoot:

:confused:
You haven't guessed it yet? There never was any Axe of Dragol. It was just a ruse to lure you out here.

Khajiit does not disagree with this assessment.
You're now the prey in Kurdan's insane hunt, just like I am. And here, we'll most likely die.
:smith:
Kurdan doesn't make most of his money being a simple usurer. He's also invented what he calls the Hunter's Run.

He uses the dungeons under Fort Grief as the hunting grounds. I was placed here because he knew someone would go looking for me.
...was it not for you to be hunted?
I'm sorry you got mixed up in all of this. I hope you can fight. It's our only chance of escaping alive.
We have a boat.
Don't bother. The door to this place is now locked. The only way to get out is by descending into the Hunter's Run and killing the Hunters.

I wish I could help more, but I can't fight. I've never held a weapon before in my life. Please...get us out of here!
:hist101:

All right let's just loot these skeletons and waitaminute

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

nuvan posted:

Yay Canada!

Huh. Forgot some stuff on netflix was region locked. Just installed Hola so I could watch it. Canadian Netflix also has Steins Gate, apparently, so I'll finally get to watch that as well.
Anti-region locking software is great.
edit: Oh hey, new update!

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jan 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Blaziken386 posted:

Oh hey, new update!

I feel like this may have escaped peoples' notice/been made less evident by the continuation of Netflixchat, so yup, new update! :v:

• Locked thread