Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Corbeau posted:

So how many cheetos has this thread earned LowTax now?

Your stained fingers attest to your diligence in herding goons and emptying their wallets. You are now a Lowtax of Administration. You can now automatically identify the first two numbers of a goon's IP address.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
This forum has been fully supported by the antics of the Let's Play subforum for the better part of three years now.

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Roar posted:

This forum has been fully supported by the antics of the Let's Play subforum for the better part of three years now.

Considering how many avatars and smilies I've seen come from here, I'd believe it.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Dark Doodles, Volume 2

Well, we've killed a pirate and it's time to make the perilous journey to Cheydinhal. Shall we?

...oh.

Entering the city under the cover of night, it occurs to me that I'm at a disavantage in terms of endurance leveling.

With my only repairable light armor gone, I can only depend on Blocking, and that won't cut it.

Heavy armor it is, then! Sterv's not strong enough to carry a cuirass, so he'll just be going into the next few missions in nothing but iron boots and gauntlets.

Vicente rewards us with gold and a magic ring that gives Light Armor and Security skill. A bit useless at the moment, unfortunately. We get the magic item for this quest no matter what, but from here on out we'll have to satisfy optional conditions. In this case, it's dropping a Wood Elf's favorite yak head on him instead of just stabbing him to death, and not alerting his manservant.

To Bruma, then!

I gallavant around the land, letting wolves go to town on me so I can gain Heavy Armor experience and repair my armor, and we manage to hit apprentice Armorer, so yay!

I'm feeling adventurous, so let's go into this Ayleid Ruin and see what's waiting for us.

Probably some sweet level 5-10 loot, that's what.

:stare:

Okay, maybe not! And that's the end of MSPaint updates for now. Next time, I drop a moose head on a guy IN GLORIOUS 3-D GRAPHICS.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jun 14, 2013

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Lizard Wizard posted:

Vicente rewards us with gold and a magic ring that gives Light Armor and Security skill. A bit useless at the moment, unfortunately. We get the magic item for this quest no matter what, but from here on out we'll have to satisfy optional conditions. In this case, it's dropping a Wood Elf's favorite yak head on him instead of just stabbing him to death, and not alerting his manservant.

Oh my god, Vicente is a Fischer Price Little People :stare:

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Oh come on, he's not nearly that generic and deformed.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

You never forget wandering into your first troll dungeon.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

MeccaPrime posted:

You never forget wandering into your first troll dungeon.

Ogres, you loving philistine. :catstare:

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

My point still stands.

You also never forget your first ogre dungeon.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

I thought he was a Pez dispenser.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Are Ogres something they added in Shivering Isles? I never ran into any and my character was level 40+ by the time I stopped playing.

anthraciteDragon posted:

No, they were there in regular Oblivion.

Weird. I never ran into a single one.

kalonZombie fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jun 14, 2013

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

kalonZombie posted:

Are Ogres something they added in Shivering Isles? I never ran into any and my character was level 40+ by the time I stopped playing.

No, they were there in regular Oblivion.

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.
That MS paint update makes this the best LP I have ever seen. And it is definitely better then the graphics of Oblivion. I'd play a game made like that.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

kalonZombie posted:

Weird. I never ran into a single one.

You would've had to, unless you never did the Fighters Guild. Those motherfuckers are all over that questline (well, at least twice anyway). There's also the quest to take those two brothers home (that you should never complete, because two unkillable targets for daedra means running through Oblivion gates that much faster) and the Khajiit with the stolen potatoes.

Also, LW, your links are all broken. Or maybe it's just me?

Wolfsheim fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jun 14, 2013

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Loving naked Nyan Sterv with his tiny metal booties :3:

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Wolfsheim posted:

You would've had to, unless you never did the Fighters Guild. Those motherfuckers are all over that questline (well, at least twice anyway). There's also the quest to take those two brothers home (that you should never complete, because two unkillable targets for daedra means running through Oblivion gates that much faster) and the Khajiit with the stolen potatoes.

You can also meet up with them when you have to find the ancient command post, although the fort itself has undead. They're certainly plenty around, it's unusual if you never saw any.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

Wolfsheim posted:

two unkillable targets

Only two?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Fuckin' ogres. I like the one at the back giving Sterv a thumbs down.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Of course Sterv would walk around only wearing gloves and socks. It makes so much sense.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
Kittens with mittens for the rhyme and booties for shoving a wedge-shaped piece of iron up yon enemy's arse.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
jeff goldblum could save me from this nightmare
I'm sort of glad this was a MS Paint update and not a Full 3D™ update, I love Sterv but I don't want to see him butt nekkid running around Tamriel. That might be a little disturbing.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Wolfsheim posted:

Oh god YES, that quest. That loving quest I love and hate for different reasons.
I hate that quest because it was the first time I ever met any ogres. And I love that quest because of the sweet-rear end weapon you had to "return"

(which I never did)

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

OH MY CHIRST that is awesome. *yoink*

Says it exceeds maximum file size when I try to use it tho. :(

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Blasphemaster posted:

OH MY CHIRST that is awesome. *yoink*

Says it exceeds maximum file size when I try to use it tho. :(

I fixed it for you. This one is under the limit.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

PureRok posted:

I fixed it for you. This one is under the limit.

yaaaay! :unsmith:

edit - whoops. smith instead of unsmith

Blasphemaster fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 18, 2013

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Dark Dropheadsmanship

I can't believe there were OGRES inside that ruin. I'll have to be more careful where I explore.
I misremembered, by the way - Sterv has iron greaves too.

Ooh, cave.

Just goblins this time. Should be easy.

Hmm...arrows are fine, but perhaps there's treasure deeper inside.

...crabs and rats? :stare:
Yeah I don't know either. Rats have 4 HP while Mudcrabs have 10 HP, and neither one has ever been a threat to the player character. I'd say they play same role of Slimes in Dragon Quest, but even Dragon Quest throws more interesting varieties of Slimes at you as the game goes on. At a whopping level 8, we should NOT be running into these guys. There's just no excuse for this. LAZY.

Oblivion's Not That Bad Points: (-7 + :psyduck: + (3 * :eng99:))/:regd08:)

That was thoroughly stupid. Back to my travels.

Gah! Lousy imps.

BASTARDS.
Actually, only about a third of imps are bastards. Imps seem to come in either fire-spell flavor, frost-spell flavor, or shock-spell flavor. Lightning projectiles actually move faster than fire or frost, and there are all of two creatures in the game with a resistance to it, so it's a pretty good idea to just keep a shock spell ready in general.

By the Nine. It's always something, isn't it?

Die! :catstare:

Hah.

Aha. Yet another Daedric shrine.

...er, so this is Namira's Shrine?
A place of blessed darkness. A holy place where we may worship in our wreckedness. Why are you here?
I was hoping to worship Namira.
You do? You are to pretty to worship in th is place. People like you. Like to hear you talk. When you are more loathesome, you may return.
Hmm. Noted.

As that dialog suggests, we can't do this quest until we lower our personality. The best way to do this is to guzzle several bottles of cheap, terrible wine, which is pretty hilarious.

Oh, whoops! Looks like I did get something out of that ruin after all. I don't really remember whether or not I sold it, but I'm not going to be using it for a while since, y'know, Armorer limitations.

Ahh. Here we are.

Target...should be over this way.

This is gonna call for the old magic sneaking suit.

All right, here we go.

...ah, right. He's not going to be in that spot until the evening. It's fine. I can wait.

No really, you can wait in this location. Apparently we get an exception to the game's trespassing rules here because I DON'T KNOW.

Now, where's that crawl-space Vicente told me about?
You can pretty much sneak right in front of Baenlin and he won't care. You pretty much have to get up in his grill and talk to him before he realizes there's an intruder in his house. Anyway, the thing we're looking for is upstairs.

Here it is.

If I just undo these...

There. The deed is done.
And the Sterv's legs are seen, thanks to TFC and angles we were never supposed to see from.

Now, hopefully...

Excellent.

Yeah, gently caress walking back. If I've been from Cheydinhal to Bruma, I've earned the right to fast-travel from Bruma to Cheydinhal.

I present to you this dagger. It's an enchanted blade, known as Sufferthorn. Its prick is deadly, I assure you.
Sufferthorn has both Damage Health and Drain Strength enchantments, which are nice, but its physical prick pales in comparison to that of our our Silver Longsword, and it doesn't have too many charges. Maybe I'll use it once I've got better access to soul gems.

Now go, child of Sithis. Go and rest. You'll need it.
Well, you heard the vampire - see you next update! I've got a feeling it's gonna be a fun one.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jun 15, 2013

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams
THAT WOLF.

THOSE LEGS.

BETHESDAAAAA. :argh:

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
Oh for christ sake Sterv..

Edit: Excuuuuuuse me but if this LP is anything worth a drat I expect the Fanartifacts to be credited properly and respectfully or I'll purchase eight accounts and report this thread to Lowtax. I think you'll find I cropped MS paint Sterv to be forever immortalized as :sterv: even if the forum elders won't accept it.

(That said, Mecca did give us )
Just kidding, I don't actually care - as long as :sterv: is there in some capacity

Sundowner fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jun 15, 2013

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sundowner posted:

Edit: Excuuuuuuse me but if this LP is anything worth a drat I expect the Fanartifacts to be credited properly and respectfully or I'll purchase eight accounts and report this thread to Lowtax. I think you'll find I cropped MS paint Sterv to be forever immortalized as :sterv: even if the forum elders won't accept it.

Look, I'm sorry, but sometimes you Stervies just all blend together.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I am honestly surprised that I've managed to keep myself from being Sterv'd so far.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Surprised, or disappointed?

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Look, I'm sorry, but sometimes you Stervies just all blend together.
You loving Stervist how dare you :catstare:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FinalGamer posted:

You loving Stervist how dare you :catstare:

Hey hey hey. It's cool.

We can say it to each other.

Sundowner
Apr 10, 2013

not even
He just didn't want to piss off the constervatives among us.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Now, where's that crawl-space Vicente told me about?
You can pretty much sneak right in front of Baenlin and he won't care. You pretty much have to get up in his grill and talk to him before he realizes there's an intruder in his house. Anyway, the thing we're looking for is upstairs.

It's been years so I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure he's literally blind or something and that's why he can't see you?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Roar posted:

It's been years so I'm not 100% but I'm pretty sure he's literally blind or something and that's why he can't see you?

Nope, all they tell you is that he loves sitting in his chair for three hours at a time every night.

Thadius
Apr 2, 2010

ANGER HAS NEVER BEEN MORE MANLY THAN THIS
I think the only way I would accept a replacement for my avatar is if somehow you could Sterv the BeardImapact and lose nothing.

I'm pretty sure that's impossible though.

Also, my younger brother is now replaying Oblivion, and one day, I fully intend to direct his attentions to this thread.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
High as BALLS.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

If I had any photoshop skills I'd put Sterv's head on Tom Araya's head to celebrate your new rank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Thadius posted:

I think the only way I would accept a replacement for my avatar is if somehow you could Sterv the BeardImapact and lose nothing.

I'm pretty sure that's impossible though.

Paging curiousTerminal! :v:

• Locked thread