Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

OminousEdge posted:

I say you go visit one of the Daedric Princes in Person. You all know who I am talkin about.

That's going to be the capstone of the LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fat Swordsman
Feb 13, 2012
As much as I'd love to see the main quest really get underway, there are people out that the remain un-murdered and the Dark Brotherhood should really get on that.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

The Fat Swordsman posted:

As much as I'd love to see the main quest really get underway, there are people out that the remain un-murdered and the Dark Brotherhood should really get on that.
Yeah uh I'm divvying up between Main Quest and Dark Brotherhood because god yes.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Well my other vote was discounted so Dark Brotherhood

Lazerbeam
Feb 4, 2011

More Main Quest please :)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dark Brotherhood is always the one true choice

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

:siren:VOTING IS CLOSED:siren:

Epic High Five posted:

Dark Brotherhood is always the one true choice

It may be, but Main Quest is the most choice, so we're doing that next.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
My computer deiced to go ahead and die so if anyone else wants to take up responsibility for Glarthir.
It's probably not permanently dead, but I can't boot it right now and making sure it stays working and everything is there takes precedence over a side update to someone else's LP.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sometimes Dungeons are Okay

Tonight, khajiit makes tracks for Bleak Falls Cave.

To investigate the stone, you see. Sterv is sure it has power. Now, onward to-

What is THAT?

It shines so brilliantly!

Hmmm...

I will kill it. :catstare:

Hah!

There's more where that came from, you...

...um?

Where did he...?

There! Have at you!

Or not.

Gah! :gonk:
So, meet these fuckers.

Die, drat you!
Will-O-The-Wisps drain both your Magicka and Health via a touch spell, so if you don't know what you're doing and constantly backpedal your rear end and sneaking in stick-and-move attacks, they'll be constantly healing themselves up and prolonging the fight. And, as you've already seen, they can turn invisible at will. With 220 HP, they make for a prolonged fight, and delightfully enough, they have immunity to normal weapons AND poisons, so enjoy that!

...on second thought, Sterv will go to Leyawiin. It is sufficiently far away.

While Sterv runs down the river a-trainin' his magicks, allow me to make something of a disclaimer: for the sake of getting out a timely, short update, this particular update will not, as you may have reasoned by the title, be about the last Mages' Guild Quest. But I will get you up to speed on it.

I goofed, you see. I'd talked to some NPCs and started the quest, thinking I could just transcript the dialog from the raw video when it was time. But I began to run out of hard drive space and thus one thing led to another, as things are wont to do.

But at the end of the day it's just Oblivion dialog, so here's a brief summary: Dagail, the head of the Leyawiin guild hall, is gifted with psychic premonitions. However, she's been getting old and has been using an amulet, the Seer's Stone, to focus her psychic abilities or whatever the poo poo.

But it's gone missing, which has caused her to hear all possible psychic premonition at once, rendering her a bit useless, incoherent and senile, so of course it falls to us to investigate.

:supaburn:

S-sun...

Shelter! :gonk:

Now, I'll be honest, folks: this is a cave, and it's largely boring.

Headless Zombies, Wisp Stalks and all your favorite classics from Oblivion caves. You get the idea.

However, this spelunk was not to be entirely fruitless! Amelion Tomb, fittingly enough, is home to Brusef Amelion's armor, a unique light armor set. I didn't find all of them, but I stumbled upon a couple of pieces.

I decided not to keep the gauntlets - they're not quite as good as our Dwarven, so here in the cave they'll stay.

I did grab this Elven Warhammer, though, because I know money when I see it. :colbert:

There's also Skeleton Guardians because of course there are.

I also grab this Elven Mace because what the hell, I've got the Feather for it.

This, though, this cuirass.

Lying in the middle of a serene room. It screams importance, power.

Sword's probably good too!

:gibbed:

HELLO TO YOU TOO, FADED WRAITH.

Right, so. This is a superghost with around about 300 HP and plenty of frost magic with which to blast the player.

He's bullshit, and as such we shoot our staff at him until he dies.

Anyway, our new cuirass is not only more protective than our Dwarven, but bears the distinction of being the only piece of the Brusef Amelion set with an enchantment. Said enchantment is Frost Shield, which is rather interesting - effectively, we have 6% of both Shield AND Frost Resistance on this cuirass. Fire Shield and Shock Shield of course, work similarly.

Glorious.

The sword has frost damage, so it's pretty unambiguously a straight upgrade.

There we go...always leave something for the next guy. :3:

That dwarfplate was too drat heavy anyway.

Oooh. What is this?

By the Nine...it's...it's so light! So perfect!

Yes.

Khajiit likes this.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Oh god. Sterv's face is his own coat of arms?

How horrifying for his poor foes.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

sebzilla posted:

How horrifying for his poor foes.

I'm not sure which is worse. Him raising the shield and effectively magnifying his visage, or him lowering the shield and causing an opponent to quote Keanu Reeves in saying, "Jesus Christ, that thing's real!?"

OminousEdge
Apr 4, 2013
If only you could name equipment, you could name that the "Shield of Sterv"

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.
You can when you enchant stuff.
I generally put Frost/Fire/Shock shield enchants on my shields. Because it seems like they should go there.

EphemeralToast
May 30, 2013

OminousEdge posted:

If only you could name equipment, you could name that the "Shield of Sterv"

He can if he enchants it. Now what's an appropriate enchantment for the Stervface Shield?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

EphemeralToast posted:

He can if he enchants it. Now what's an appropriate enchantment for the Stervface Shield?

Fear.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

EphemeralToast posted:

Night Eye and Detect Life.

SEE THE WORLD THROUGH HIS EYES

e: also, Light.

:getin: :supaburn:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The mithril set looks so gorgeous, I was sad they took it out in skyrim.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

This reminds how even in Oblivion there were few dungeons with something unique in them. They're still boring though.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Lizard Wizard posted:

By the Nine...it's...it's so light! So perfect!

Yes.

Khajiit likes this.
:catstare:

I demand we put ourselves a sigil stone in this and proclaim it the Shiuld of Sterv. That is a beautiful shield for a "beautiful" khajiit.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Sterv Shield rules. Also glad you're out of the dwarven set, it's so goddamned ugly in Oblivion.

I remember my first time playing Oblivion and getting absolutely slaughtered by every will-o-wisp I came across. Those fuckers were worse than high-level daedra. I liked the way they handled them with the wispmothers in Skyrim, though.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
That's an interesting shield texture, there. I wonder what it's supposed to be.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Glazius posted:

That's an interesting shield texture, there. I wonder what it's supposed to be.

Mine forever, of course. :shepface:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
That sure is a skjold. :stare:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Mordaedil posted:

Wikipedia posted:

Skjold-class coastal corvettes (skjold means "shield" in Norwegian) are a class of large, superfast, stealth missile craft in service with the Royal Norwegian Navy. The boats were formerly classed as MTBs (motor torpedo boats) but, from 2009, the Royal Norwegian Navy has described them as coastal corvettes (kystkorvett) because their seaworthiness is seen as comparable to corvettes. They were built at the Umoe Mandal yard. Although the Skjold class patrol boats remain the fastest armed craft in the world 60 knots (110 km/h), the unarmed Canadian Navy high speed patrol craft hydrofoil prototype HMCS Bras d'Or has attained speeds of over 63 knots (117 km/h).

I don't know what's what anymore, what are you-

quote:

(skjold means "shield" in Norwegian)

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.

Mordaedil posted:

Psst, wrong game, We don't go full Norwegian until next one.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Zebrin posted:

Psst, wrong game, We don't go full Norwegian until next one.

Well then. :colbert:

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
It was an honest mistake, no need to skjold him much

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

All right, guys, there's a few updates in the pipeline, but I've got a bit of a quandary. There's a few dungeons in the mix, and those are a slog to write about. I'm leaning towards just summing those up with a screenshot or three and a paragraph, maybe two, about how it went. Particularly interesting and horrible dungeons. will get broader coverage, but if it's Fort #134 or Cave With Wisp Stalks In, I'm not going to bother with anything more than a short trip report. Everyone okay with that?

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

All right, guys, there's a few updates in the pipeline, but I've got a bit of a quandary. There's a few dungeons in the mix, and those are a slog to write about. I'm leaning towards just summing those up with a screenshot or three and a paragraph, maybe two, about how it went. Particularly interesting and horrible dungeons. will get broader coverage, but if it's Fort #134 or Cave With Wisp Stalks In, I'm not going to bother with anything more than a short trip report. Everyone okay with that?

Sounds good, man. Whatever keeps you happy.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah pretty much, as long as you make sure to show particularly underwhelming contents of the furthest-in "treasure" chest :v:

Your average cave or fort in Oblivion is going to be just as boring to read about as it is to play after all.

e: Oblivion's love of net loss dungeons never ceases to amaze.

EphemeralToast
May 30, 2013

Shugojin posted:

Yeah pretty much, as long as you make sure to show particularly underwhelming contents of the furthest-in "treasure" chest :v:

This. I want to know exactly what number between 1-10 gold coins you got for killing 3 billion murderskeletons.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

The most interesting thing about dungeons, to me, are how useless and/or broken they can get. So if you find a +1 Sword of Shittiness hovering six inches above the chest it's supposed to be locked in, or sixteen Uber Skeletons guarding a lockpick, please show us that. Otherwise "a dungeon happened" is good enough for me.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
Yeah, unless something of particular note happens, it's just a cave. You can just say where it is/what you found in it. There's only so many ways to say "I killed some skeletons/goblins/trolls".

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Note: "of particular note" includes things that suggest everything wasn't made by a random generator. Display all skeletal hands reaching out for healing potions from beneath rubble.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Show us every goddamn scrap of minutia please

Prythian
Aug 6, 2012

sweet dreams
Show us what you think is interesting enough to show. :v:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Prythian posted:

Show us what you think is interesting enough to show. :v:

That'd end the LP pretty quickly, wouldn't it?

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Hey now, we still have to finish the Dark Brotherhood and do the Thieves' Guild: those do have interesting missions/plotlines. :colbert:
But seriously, a quick "I went in a dungeon. It was filled with monsters. I got a whole 12 septims" is more than enough unless something funny/weird happens. :shobon:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Uh, you getting burnt out on Oblivion? Because if you think most of the rest of the game is too boring to show us...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

FredMSloniker posted:

Uh, you getting burnt out on Oblivion? Because if you think most of the rest of the game is too boring to show us...

He already abandoned an Oblivion LP once!

• Locked thread