Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Go liberate some artifacts from long dead elves in Vilverin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

radintorov posted:

It's a fantasy RPG: you always need to carry potions with you. :colbert:
Besides, Restore Fatigue potions are also needed in Oblivion if you play a melee character, since while you won't miss due to the new combat system, you'll do almost no damage when hitting someone when your Fatigue is low.

Fatigue poison is also a very easy to find alchemical effect and while it will not kill your target it will make it virtually impotent against you especially if you have decent armor and armor skill.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

MagusofStars posted:

I don't know how you listed Morrowind's flaws and failed to mention the biggest, most horrific one: It's fricking impossible to find anything. The directions are typically something absurd like: "Go north towards the forest and walk till you see Nafzulateuixtaz, then head east into the grasslands. Oh, and it's near a tree." Which sounds nice and clear till you actually go to find it and realize there are quite a few relevant questions which should be addressed but aren't:

>When you say to head west, do I start from the point we're standing right this instant or should I start from the main entrance of the town?
>If my graphics settings are maxed out so my view distance allows me to see Ncful-I've-never-been-there-xtaz from 10 miles away, how does that affect "walk till you see it"?
>How far east am I supposed to go? Without any distance reference, I'm almost certain to vastly overshoot it since a tree isn't really a unique marker.
>Is the entrance actually visible when I'm heading east or is it hidden behind a hill, so I need to turn around every so often or I'll literally run right past it?
>When you say "near a tree", does that mean "the tree is literally right outside the front door" or does it mean "the tree is a nice distance in front of the entrance"?

Say what you will about the Oblivion/Skyrim map-of-magic-hand-holding, but quest markers make the game infinitely more playable.

quote:

I need to do a favor for Hasphat Antabolis before he'll tell me what I need to know. I'm to go to a Dwemer ruin nearby called Arkngthand. I'm supposed to find a little cube with a circular design and some symbols on one side. He called it a "Dwemer puzzle box'. When I bring the cube back to Antabolis, he'll tell me what I need to know.

gently caress, this quest. I was stuck on that for DAYS. Thank god for map markers.

• Locked thread