Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«498 »
Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Phi230 posted:

the sidi campaign is not meant to be played as allies

I should probably give it another try then. It seemed insanely lopsided.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

There all is aching

Popete posted:

welcome to graviteam: some campaigns are meant to be played as one side and they don't tell you which

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Do I need the complete edition or will just the base game suffice for Tank Warfare Tunisia.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.

Popete posted:

I was able to hold my own even against the tigers primarily because the AI wasn't very good at using them. Also if you shoot it enough times eventually something will break, typically the tracks and then it's game over. Position your guns in cross-fire so that their tanks are always facing their side to at least some of them.

I found the Panzer IIIs to be the most troublesome due to their numbers and being surprisingly durable. Also the stuka surprise sex but that was rare.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

The mission I played it was my ~10 Shermans vs probably 12 Tiger tanks, I had some decent coverage and pillars to hide behind and wait for the Tigers to get close enough. The AI was very stupid and drove their Tigers right up to my Shermans in some instance they drove up to my Shermans backwards! Still couldn't get even a single Tiger tracked, nothing would penetrate what so ever.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

So what I'm getting is that much like racing wheels and Steam Marines, don't buy a Graviteam wargame.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

Rule the Waves 2 Dev Diary is up.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

There all is aching

C.M. Kruger posted:

So what I'm getting is that much like racing wheels and Steam Marines, don't buy a Graviteam wargame.

Exact opposite of this actually

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

C.M. Kruger posted:

Graviteam is best thought of as a game with only a spectator mode. An interactive screensaver.

Holy poo poo, thanks for reminding me I own Steam Marines for the second time in a week. I looked at the Steam page last week and they're making a second one. gently caress them and that lesson on Early Access.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

The level of betrayal I felt when Paradox announced their new wallpaper tore something from me that I'll never be able to recover. They tore away my ability to respect anything, and they tore away my ability to feel human.

quote:

The AI will up-gun light cruisers if it finds itself outgunned by player CL:s

Single most important change spotted.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

all of this sounds like extremely my poo poo

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

C.M. Kruger posted:

Great games and I'd say they are all a safe buy but you just have to understand what you get into. A lot of planning and a lot of watching, but glorious watching.
The issue is that losses carry over so you can play aggressively but you'll have losses which you can't replace. But turning a battle over with half a squad and an immobilized tank under artillery fire while the rest of your troops are abandoning their post running in fear or dead bodies burning next to their knocked out tank is epic and not sure you can get that feeling from any other game out there.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

I'm so unbelievably hyped to play more RtW.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.

A slight concern that there's still no mention of AI wars outside of the player's actions.

Other than that,

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

*in a pedant voice* only one tech category for heavier than air??????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

There all is aching

I will make a 70,000 ton Zeppelin mothership

«498 »