Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

The Chad Jihad posted:

Do the other nations in RTW ever go to war with each other? I just started my third game and it hit me that I don't think I've ever seen that happen (though I didn't last too long in the other games)

Sadly no. If you've got allies they will sometimes fight your enemies (its just a pop up stating some ships were sunk in a battle). I can't remember if this will change for the sequel either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

The Chad Jihad posted:

Do the other nations in RTW ever go to war with each other? I just started my third game and it hit me that I don't think I've ever seen that happen (though I didn't last too long in the other games)

No. That would be, IMHO, one of the best possible changes to RTW2.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Here I go playing WITP again

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

I just came across this Desert War 1940-1942 operational level western desert campaign ww2 game published by Matrix and coming out pretty soon. I haven't heard anything about it before, not that I really keep up with any grog news outside of this thread. The western desert campaign interests me quite a bit so it would be nice if it wasn't terrible.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
Just gonna throw this out here:

The Operational Art Of War In The Pacific

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
TOAW IV chat:

Some improvements, in the end it feels like more of the same. I was considering doing an LP of it to demonstrate the new features, but I really do not feel like doing a two thousand unit slug fest, nor do I really like the small scenarios since TOAW doesn't seem that great at them either. I might wait a bit for a few more scenarios to come out for TOAW IV. Of which, worryingly, like zero have.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Top Hats Monthly posted:

TOAW IV chat:
I might wait a bit for a few more scenarios to come out for TOAW IV. Of which, worryingly, like zero have.

Do you happen to know if III's scenarios can be ported over and used as-is or do they need tweaking of some sort to get them to work with the IV engine?

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Dadbod Apocalypse posted:

Do you happen to know if III's scenarios can be ported over and used as-is or do they need tweaking of some sort to get them to work with the IV engine?

They do.

Some turbo nerd already stuck every available scenario into a zip. Whether this is good or bad...

Chuck_D
Aug 25, 2003

Phi230 posted:

Here I go playing WITP again

You're welcome.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Invasion failed? Bitch get back on the amphib, we’ve got islands to take.

Why is everyone’s morale so low. :thunk:

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Is there a primer on the game mechanics of War in the East anywhere? I understand the basic mechanics of fighting and moving and air forces and so on, but I have no idea how anything else works. How does capturing territory affect my production? Can I manage my production at all? Why do I care more about capturing some places more than others?

Basically, I have no idea what long-term planes I should be making in a game that is basically all about long term planning. I've just pointed my little boxes in the general direction of Moscow and those dank Caucasus oil fields, but I have no idea what impact if any actually capturing oil fields or Moscow will have on me or the enemy.

Yes, there is the official game manual, but it is an impenetrable fortress with the density of a neutron star.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Woodchip posted:

Invasion failed? Bitch get back on the amphib, we’ve got islands to take.

Why is everyone’s morale so low. :thunk:

The island assaults will continue until morale improves!

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Geisladisk posted:

Is there a primer on the game mechanics of War in the East anywhere? I understand the basic mechanics of fighting and moving and air forces and so on, but I have no idea how anything else works. How does capturing territory affect my production? Can I manage my production at all? Why do I care more about capturing some places more than others?

Basically, I have no idea what long-term planes I should be making in a game that is basically all about long term planning. I've just pointed my little boxes in the general direction of Moscow and those dank Caucasus oil fields, but I have no idea what impact if any actually capturing oil fields or Moscow will have on me or the enemy.

Yes, there is the official game manual, but it is an impenetrable fortress with the density of a neutron star.

There is a master production flowchart somewhere, and theres one on page 286 of the manual. The one in the manual looks thin compared to one I've seen somewhere.

For starters check the VP's. Some places get you VP just for holding while others it's each turn. Beyond that you want to capture cities that contain industry before the Soviets have had a chance to evac it. You have zero control on production. You get whatever some bureaucrat Nazi/Soviet decides you'll get and you'll loving like it.

An oil field will both deny it to the enemy and potentially get you oil. If I recall correct the Germans only get 60% of it and the Romanians like 30%.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
The best way to learn how to play War in the East is to play me in multiplayer, god bless.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Geisladisk posted:

Your longterm and shortterm goal should be to play a pbem game with elbrak.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Geisladisk posted:

In no particular order:

Capturing territory is more about scoring the Victory Points in order to trigger a win. The Germans get a very small trickle of manpower from captured Soviet manpower centers, but it's not going to any one bit in the long run, and neither is capturing the Caucasus oilfields (which is historically correct as far as the timescale of the game is concerned).

You can't manage production - poo poo is just built. The main things to remember are:
* A unit on refit is going to be prioritized for receiving reinforcements
* A unit cannot be placed on refit if it is adjacent to an enemy unit
* A unit gains more effect from being on refit if it is more than 20 hexes away from enemy units
* Units should also be placed in completely supplied areas in order to maximize their refit benefit (this shouldn't be hard to do - just plonk them in a rail hex well behind the front)
* Production is automated, but that also means that the flow of reinforcements is rather determinate. If you have too many units on refit, they might still not be all reinforced as fast as you might want or need them to be
* As the Soviets, you can create entirely new units, and so production comes into play as far as even if you plonk down a bunch of tank corps chits, they're probably not all going to be stocked with T-34s because there's a limit to how many can be produced

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Is it possible to cancel a ship refitting in WitP? I’ve got a few ships that somehow decided to enter refit at a base that can’t make any progress on the upgrade. Unlike normal repair, there’s no option that I can see to switch a refitting ship back to readiness mode. Not a huge deal because they aren’t very important ships but it would be cool if I don’t have 3 AVDs stuck in refit at Lunga until the end of the game.

Coiler121
May 26, 2017

Top Hats Monthly posted:

TOAW IV chat:

Some improvements, in the end it feels like more of the same. I was considering doing an LP of it to demonstrate the new features, but I really do not feel like doing a two thousand unit slug fest, nor do I really like the small scenarios since TOAW doesn't seem that great at them either. I might wait a bit for a few more scenarios to come out for TOAW IV. Of which, worryingly, like zero have.

I know I've heard other people mention that TOAW's sweet spot is regiment/brigade sized engagements in the World War II+ period.

Has the scenario editor been streamlined and/or made any more user friendly since TOAW III? If it was easy to use, I'd get the feeling that I'd set up all sorts of weird and obscure fights like I do in CMANO.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

ElBrak posted:

The best way to learn how to play War in the East is to play me in multiplayer, god bless.

Sure, PM me your email and we'll get it started, my dude.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Are there any good Civil War tactical games that are hex-and-counter-y?

Same for Napoleonics, I guess. All I really know of for either of them is John Tiller stuff.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

COOL CORN posted:

Are there any good Civil War tactical games that are hex-and-counter-y?

Same for Napoleonics, I guess. All I really know of for either of them is John Tiller stuff.

Civil War Generals 2 is an amazing game.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Don't park carriers near a major enemy port.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR Apr 06, 43
Night Time Surface Combat, near Hollandia at 93,116, Range 9,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CV Soryu
CV Zuikaku, Shell hits 10, on fire
BB Musashi, Shell hits 1
CL Yura
CL Kuma
DD Naganami, Shell hits 4, heavy fires
DD Kiyonami, Shell hits 1
DD Arashio

Allied Ships
BB Indiana
BB Massachusetts, Shell hits 2
CA Louisville
CA Minneapolis, Shell hits 3
CL Durban
CL Richmond
CL Detroit
CL Trenton, Shell hits 1
DD Meredith
DD Gwin
DD Buchanan
DD Barton
DD Bancroft
DD Hobby, Shell hits 1
DD Kalk
DD Carmick
DD Mugford, Shell hits 1
DD Lang
DD Stack
DD Sterett
DD Wilson

Day Time Surface Combat, near Hollandia at 93,116, Range 29,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CV Soryu, Shell hits 4
BB Musashi, Shell hits 19, on fire, heavy damage
CL Yura, Shell hits 6
CL Kuma, Shell hits 9, on fire
DD Arashio, Shell hits 2

Allied Ships
CL Cleveland, Shell hits 3
CL Columbia, Shell hits 2
DD Laffey, Shell hits 4
DD Lansdowne, Shell hits 6, and is sunk
DD Dunlap, Shell hits 1
DD Cassin, Shell hits 2, heavy fires
DD Downes, Shell hits 2

Really, really don't do it twice

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR Apr 16, 43

Night Time Surface Combat, near Hollandia at 93,116, Range 9,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CV Junyo, Shell hits 4, heavy fires
CV Hiyo, Shell hits 1
CVL Ryujo, Shell hits 1, heavy fires
DD Oyashio, Shell hits 1
DD Yamagumo
DD Isonami
DD Shirayuki
DD Hatsuyuki, Shell hits 3, on fire
DD Akebono, Shell hits 2

Allied Ships
BB North Carolina
CL Richmond
CL Detroit
DD Buchanan
DD Barton
DD Bancroft, Shell hits 3
DD Kalk, Shell hits 1
DD Russell
DD Shaw, Shell hits 1

Day Time Surface Combat, near Hollandia at 94,116, Range 29,000 Yards

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
A6M2 Zero: 18 destroyed
B5N2 Kate: 12 destroyed
A6M3a Zero: 26 destroyed
D4Y1 Judy: 27 destroyed

Japanese Ships
CV Junyo, Shell hits 15, and is sunk
CV Hiyo, Shell hits 7, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
CVL Ryujo, Shell hits 3, and is sunk
DD Oyashio
DD Yamagumo
DD Isonami, Shell hits 2, heavy fires
DD Shirayuki
DD Hatsuyuki, Shell hits 3
DD Akebono, Shell hits 1, on fire

Allied Ships
BB North Carolina, Shell hits 1
CL Richmond, Shell hits 2
CL Detroit
DD Buchanan
DD Barton, Shell hits 1, on fire
DD Bancroft
DD Kalk
DD Russell, Shell hits 3, on fire
DD Shaw

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Success for the American doctrine of decisive battle!

Chuck_D
Aug 25, 2003

Bold Robot posted:

Is it possible to cancel a ship refitting in WitP? I’ve got a few ships that somehow decided to enter refit at a base that can’t make any progress on the upgrade. Unlike normal repair, there’s no option that I can see to switch a refitting ship back to readiness mode. Not a huge deal because they aren’t very important ships but it would be cool if I don’t have 3 AVDs stuck in refit at Lunga until the end of the game.

Cursory googling whilst on the can at work wasn't fruitful. I'll keep looking tho.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

Geisladisk posted:

Sure, PM me your email and we'll get it started, my dude.

I started a game in the multiplayer screen using beta patch 1.11.01, password lljk . I picked the Soviets if that's ok.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

So me and Lord Windy are twenty days into a downfall scenario. (No Windy Peeking).

Its... messy.

We are both hovering about three thousand planes lost apiece after brutal fighting nearly every single day. Probably 2/3 of my losses are fighters and considering I only make about thirty per day and am losing over a hundred per day on average this can only go on for so long!

You can see the horrifying spike in losses on day eight where I put over 1200 planes into the air (including what little remained of my carrier force) to attack a big allied Carrier force and lost eight hundred of them for almost nothing. I think I sunk a destroyer and got a kamikaze hit on a light carrier. Basically allied AAA is insanely good and 90% of your planes which make it through the fighters won't even get to make attack runs.

Ever since then I don't have enough strike planes to swamp allied defenses so I am basically reduced to impotently fuming as he sails his ships wherever he wants. The only bright side is me killing far more Super-fortresses than he gets as replacements. About half of Tokyo is burned down in exchange however which sucks but thankfully the air factories mostly came through it okay.

In the first week he landed on Amami Oshima in the east and Takao (Taiwan) in the west. I got a battleship and 2-4 CVE as well as a few transports from various means (mostly subs). Considering he has about 50 CVE and at least a couple of dozen battleships things could be going better.

Here's what Tracker thinks I have sunk, only two of those CVE are definite but Mississippi ate at least seven sub torpedoes so its got to be dead.

For the past two days he's been trying to land on Honshu. I have been sallying everything left of my surface fleet but thanks to thunderstorms nobody has achieved much despite putting cruisers in combat range of his CV several times. I've lost a light cruiser, two destroyers and a whole lot of PT boats in exchange for a couple of transports and a torpedo hit on a BB.

17/9/1945
code:
Day Time Surface Combat, near Sendai at 117,58, Range 8,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
      DD Asashimo, Shell hits 3,  on fire
      DD Murakaze
      CL Teshio, Shell hits 10,  heavy fires,  heavy damage
      DD Kosugiri, Shell hits 2,  heavy fires
      DD Myojinami, Shell hits 1,  on fire
      DD Tagonami, Shell hits 6,  heavy fires,  heavy damage
      DD Suruyame, Shell hits 4,  on fire
      DD Tadeyame
      DD Yamanagiri

Allied Ships
      CL Hobart
      CL Dayton, Shell hits 11,  on fire
      DE Baron
      DE Booth, Shell hits 5,  heavy fires,  heavy damage
      DE McCelland, Shell hits 2, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
      DE Weaver, Shell hits 3,  on fire,  heavy damage
      DE Wesson
      DE Wingfield, Shell hits 1
      DE Edsall, Shell hits 2,  heavy fires
      DE Blair, Shell hits 2,  on fire
      xAP Santa Inez, Shell hits 1
      xAK Sea Hound, Shell hits 6,  heavy fires,  heavy damage
      xAK Sea Snipe, Shell hits 2,  heavy fires,  heavy damage
      xAK Salina Victory, Shell hits 1,  heavy fires,  heavy damage
      xAK Sharon Victory
      xAK Silverbow Victory
      xAK Skagway Victory, Shell hits 3,  heavy fires,  heavy damage
      xAK United Victory, Shell hits 2,  heavy fires,  heavy damage
      AP Adm. R.E.Coontz, Shell hits 5
      AP Adm. C.F.Hughes
      AP Adm. H.T.Mayo
      AP Gen. C.G.Morton, Shell hits 2
      AP Gen. C.H.Muir

Allied ground losses:
      363 casualties reported
         Squads: 4 destroyed, 23 disabled
         Non Combat: 15 destroyed, 85 disabled
         Engineers: 4 destroyed, 7 disabled
      Guns lost 23 (10 destroyed, 13 disabled)
      Vehicles lost 95 (12 destroyed, 83 disabled)

Low visibility due to Thunderstorms
Maximum visibility in Thunderstorms: 5,000 yards
18/9/1945
code:
Night Time Surface Combat, near Sendai at 117,59, Range 6,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
      DD Kawagiri, Shell hits 2
      CL Tokachi, Shell hits 9,  heavy fires
      DD Tagokaze, Shell hits 1
      DD Takatakaze, Shell hits 1
      DD Nagatakaze, Shell hits 1
      DD Myojinkaze
      DD Kosukaze
      DD Yamanakaze, Shell hits 2,  on fire

Allied Ships
      BB New Jersey
      BB Missouri, Shell hits 1, Torpedo hits 1
      CLAA Flint, Shell hits 2
      CL Montpelier
      CL Miami
      DD John Bole
      DD Hugh W. Hadley
      DD Lyman K. Swenson
      DD Zellars
      DD Fletcher

Low visibility due to Thunderstorms  with 92% moonlight
Maximum visibility in Thunderstorms and 92% moonlight: 2,000 yards
Amusingly for two days I have managed to prevent his transports actually making it to the coast but unfortunately all my ships are damaged or out of torpedoes and retreating so he can probably pull off the landing this turn while three hundred B-25 Superforts hammer the poo poo out of the landing hexes every turn and my fighter force is so run down from three days of fighting his carriers as they launch strikes across the whole eastern part of the Home islands I can't do anything about it.

It's not all bad however, I have killed nearly four hundred of his carrier planes in the last three days of fighting over the Home Islands and the rest must be exhausted so the IJN and every decent plane I have on land is going for one last glorious ride to attack his northern force.

I guess we get to see how goes tomorrow.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Saros posted:

So me and Lord Windy are twenty days into a downfall scenario. (No Windy Peeking).

This is exciting! Please keep us posted

For anyone else that's playing just the WITP scenarios, you can maybe graduate to the Marianas scenario after Guadalcanal, and then this Downfall scenario as perhaps the biggest challenge short of a full campaign. Just pulling together the amphibious invasions can be daunting in and of itself even taking into account how beat-up the Japanese are, but these scenarios also come with "Ironman" variants to give the Japanese more of a fighting chance!

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Even the 'stronger Japanese' version is nearly impossible to achieve anything as them. You start with barely any decent pilots, mostly obsolete planes, a tiny surface fleet and only about two weeks of resources on the home islands. Most of your decent troops are in China/Korea (The Home island defenders are mostly crap and allied units are far more powerful man for man by this point anyway) and you can use transports to pull resources from Korea/China/Hokkaido or lift troops back home and you don't even enough to do either let alone both.

Windy has kindly provided a summary of his ship losses. As you can see his fleet is both monstrously larger than mine and individually his units are better.

The same goes for planes. The Japanese player has slightly more fighters but less than a quarter are decent late-war models and the rest are basically worthless and you have only a few squadrons with competent pilots. Even when they suicidally crash into allied bombers (relatively often) the usually don't even destroy the bomber in question! The Allies also have hundreds upon hundreds of four engine heavy bombers which are largely immune to the poorly armed Japanese fighter attacks. An allied bomber wave will usually shoot down twice as many Japanese fighters as it loses to Fighters and AAA combined.

I had some hope for Kamikaze waves being able to break through to his ships and while you can eventually (after losing hundreds of planes in air to air) swamp the allied CAP their shipboard AAA is just incredibly effective. One thing about WITP is that planes on attack runs which take damage will essentially never hit their target (including Kamikazes it seems) and allied AAA will damage 95-99% of attackers so overall maybe one in a hundred planes will actually get through to hit their targets.

The cost of my last attempt which slightly damaged a CVL. AA losses aren't high compared to those to his fighters but they stopped any of my planes from actually hitting.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Saros posted:

Even the 'stronger Japanese' version is nearly impossible to achieve anything as them.

If you know, what exactly does the "stronger Japan" versions give to the Japanese player?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Just more of everything really, I don't really know the specifics. A few more CV, maybe 15-20% more fighters and attack planes, deeper aircraft pools. Finally some more pilot replacements and air factories/industry but it seems no more resources on the home islands so the extra industry runs through what little resources you have stockpiled very fast.

Chuck_D
Aug 25, 2003

Bold Robot posted:

So, I just discovered that I have no less than 7 Mahan class DDs stuck in Espiritu Santo going through an upgrade process. Watching it for a couple turns, they never advanced beyond "7 days" until complete. So, in a stroke of utter brilliance - for a complete loving newb, anyway - I shipped a destroyer tender up from Noumea and lo and behold my Mahans were at last freed from their under-developed-port grave. I wasn't able to find any other way to get them out of upgrade purgatory. I'm not sure off hand what an AVD is, so this may be moot, but do you have any kind of repair ship or tender that you could bring alongside to help with the upgrades?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

AVD is a destroyer converted to support float planes. Disband it into a port and it will provide AV support for float planes.

Chuck_D
Aug 25, 2003

Saros posted:

AVD is a destroyer converted to support float planes. Disband it into a port and it will provide AV support for float planes.

In that case would a destroyer tender be able to help with Bold Robot's upgrade problem?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Yup probably but no guarantees. AR, AD, maybe a ground unit with naval support should but I can't think of anything else.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

I have an AR at Lunga already but the AVDs aren’t eligible to be repaired by it for whatever reason. The weird thing is that none of them was damaged, the only damage they have is the automatic 20ish points of system damage that you sometimes get when refitting (why doesn’t this seem to happen consistently?).

I’ll try shipping an AD over there to see if it helps, I’m sure I’ve got one at Noumea. Also, the “days until back in service” number for the 3 AVDs is ticking down, but I suspect it will get stuck before I can return them to readiness.

In sum: :shrug:

Relatedly, very much enjoying the combat reports and AARs posted in this thread recently.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

If the number of days until return to service is going down then the refit is progressing normally? The system damage depends on what the refit is doing to the ship. If you're just bolting on some AA guns then it wont but if you have to do extensive work below decks then it will.

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

Gewehr 43 posted:

In that case would a destroyer tender be able to help with Bold Robot's upgrade problem?

I think yes, but an all-purpose repair ship (AR) might be the safest bet.

ADs are great for a forward port where you base a Squadron of DDs for raids. They can rearm and repair DDs and smaller even if the port isn't large enough by itself.

Just remember to open the ship-screen from the port and hit "load tender" every once in a while, because this is WitP and telling a tender that needs supply on board to function to automatically top itself up from port would be cheating or something...

For small bases with cruisers or even BBs visiting you want AKEs or AEs for rearm and ARs for repair.
I just rearmed 3 BBs with 36cm and 40cm ammo in Rabaul who's just a level 3 port atm with the help af an AKE. Feels good.

Support TFs with AKEs, ADs, rear end, AGs, AOs and ARs should disband into new forward bases as soon as possible after capture to sustain momentum.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Saros posted:

If the number of days until return to service is going down then the refit is progressing normally? The system damage depends on what the refit is doing to the ship. If you're just bolting on some AA guns then it wont but if you have to do extensive work below decks then it will.

Hope so! As long as I can eventually ship these guys somewhere else I’m fine with them ending up with a bunch of system damage, I can fix that at Brisbane or Sydney.

Caconym posted:

I think yes, but an all-purpose repair ship (AR) might be the safest bet.

ADs are great for a forward port where you base a Squadron of DDs for raids. They can rearm and repair DDs and smaller even if the port isn't large enough by itself.

Just remember to open the ship-screen from the port and hit "load tender" every once in a while, because this is WitP and telling a tender that needs supply on board to function to automatically top itself up from port would be cheating or something...

For small bases with cruisers or even BBs visiting you want AKEs or AEs for rearm and ARs for repair.
I just rearmed 3 BBs with 36cm and 40cm ammo in Rabaul who's just a level 3 port atm with the help af an AKE. Feels good.

Support TFs with AKEs, ADs, rear end, AGs, AOs and ARs should disband into new forward bases as soon as possible after capture to sustain momentum.

Auxiliaries are amazing and I make sure to keep a ton of them around, but I still have no idea what AGs are good for. Is there any time where you would want an AG over an AD or and AR? Or are AGs strictly worse and it’s just a matter of using them if you don’t have a better ship available?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

What's your Goal as a Player going into that Downfall Scenario as Japan? Outperform historical? Is there a comparison Screen at the end? From a game design standpoint it seems like you'd have to give the Player the sense that he has the ability to achieve something of some sort.

e: no idea where the random capitalization is coming from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

ElBrak posted:

I started a game in the multiplayer screen using beta patch 1.11.01, password lljk . I picked the Soviets if that's ok.

I just submitted the first turn. Full disclosure: this is the first time I ever play a grog game multiplayer and I'm terrified and oh god please go easy on my nazi invaders :ohdear: