Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.
Are there any other games besides The Operational Art of War and Steel Panthers: Main Battle Tank that cover multiple time periods in one package?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Not quite sure if this falls within Grognard Games (it was part of the old OP), but Dominions 3 The Awakening is currently 50% off on Gamersgate, 15 USD.

I have a couple of questions. 1. I have some extra money, so which is a better series, Dominions, Disciples, Age of Wonders or Heroes of Might and Magic? 2. In these series, which is the best game, or are they played better in chronological order? 3. Since these technically aren't "grognard" games, is there enough interest for a strategy mega-thread? I've already written an op section for turn-based games and could write one for real-time, unless someone else wants to.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

gfanikf posted:

Is anyone up for a pretty basic (simple engagement and limited units/small map) and quick PBEM game of SPMBT?

Yes, I will PM you.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

That av just called you out, didn't it? :clint:

It'll be like Highlander but with apes and grognard games.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

gfanikf posted:

That would be really nice, but I don't want to be a dick and have you drop out. That said if a second game is coming up then its not a huge issue.

So I'll buy the game and I'll setup to defend the land and honor of FNH!

Hey gfanikf, before you get embroiled in another pbem, play the one we have. Run your Iranian children into my Iraqi meatgrinder, dammit!

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
Gfanikf, where's your turn man? We used to play two, even three turns a day. And now it's been two weeks since I sent the turn to you. Are you on the marijuana? I saw on the news that people who used to play turn based games like normal people just sit around all day on the marijuana. I think we need to have an intervention. You used to be cool man.

Gorilla Radio fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 21, 2013

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
Alright goons, every Sunday I have two hours when I'm supposed to be tutoring college freshmen in the sciences, but nobody comes, because freshmen don't want to study in the middle of a Sunday afternoon. Therefore, I am looking for multiplayer games to keep me entertained. I don't have internet access there, so it'll have to be PBEM that I can send when I get home. The games I have are TOAW 3, Steel Panthers WWII and Main Battle Tank, CMB0, BB and AK. I can promise turns for sure on Sunday, and probably throughout the week as well, but I'm much busier then. PM me or quote this. Please.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

gfanikf posted:

Sorry been busy as hell will catch up Iran and Belgium tonight.

Just in time for my poo poo to hit the fan. I might not be able to respond until the weekend.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
Would anyone be up for a pbem of TOAW 3?

Also, gfanikf, where are you?

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

gfanikf posted:

For me the funniest thing about Matrix is how much they put into drm stupidity....and yet they have never plugged an exploit found in one game that has rendered all games and patches cracked. This isn't some super secret or hard thing to learn about either...if they ever spend time on Anti Piracy matters. I'd swear it was an excuse to justify prices "due to piracy" yet they never bitch about it. I mean Matrix is pants on retarded anyway, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised by their lack of insight in their DRM security.

Oh Warsaw to Paris delay was my screwup for a long time (I was doing 6 hour daily commutes). Sorry about that but I do recall sending it out finally.

Oh my god! A ggggggfanikf! *scooby doo running sounds*

You want to finish our SPMBT game?

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

gfanikf posted:

Can we start a new one?. Iran and Iraq basically turned into a WW1 meat grinder (which is accurate) and moving units would take forever due to opportunity fire. I'm up for some WWIII scenario or African Post Colonial conflict.

Taking this to PM.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
Amazon gave me a 500 coin credit ($5?) and school is starting up again, which means I have at least a 30 min commute each way. What's a good touch war game for me to get angry at on public transportation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007

Dirt Worshipper posted:

Have they fixed the horrible desync yet? My friend and I played a couple games, we're seeing different things and had different battle results

Someone finally made a game with a Historical Perception mode? Cool!.

Anyone play Tank Operations: European Campaign? I just got it through the Humble Bundle and am curious as to quality/grognard level.