Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular

DStecks posted:

I really wish the camera in C:TGW wasn't completely bugged to gently caress. Like, I'd actually like to be able to see what's happening during the enemy turn. Oh, you'd rather show me Turkey again? OK, I guess.

This is the only annoying thing about the game, how does this slip past the devs? I can't find a fix anywhere and every turn requires I just guess what the AI did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
Ultimate general multiplayer is great, a few more maps and possibly a point allocation system to form your own force is on the wish list.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular

Drone posted:

Tiller's on Android.

Any reason not on iOS?

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
Are the combat mission franchise games relatively bug free? Any chance in hell they sell for less than $50?

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
I bought combat mission RT because it was too tempting for my inner sperg but one quick question, how do you keep your troops for being fatigued so quickly? And what can I do to recover fatigue once my elite guards are worn out?

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular

SlyFrog posted:

Why are they getting fatigued? I've never really had that problem in Combat Mission.

The most likely answer would be, "Don't make them run/crawl/etc. everywhere." For a ton of Combat Mission scenarios, you are supposed to spend a number of turns slowly (i.e. not running everywhere) getting your units to where the action is likely to be.

I am using the slow function a lot so they don't get spotted, but I suppose this is the wrong answer?

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
Thanks for the replies, while I have you here anyone want to explain how to have my mortar team target and enemy and fire, obviously the normal target function does not apply.

Literally bought the game 30 minutes ago and while I can appreciate a good manual I'm not slogging through 100 something pages, I rather let my guys get slaughter a few times and learn fighting the fascist invaders

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular

uPen posted:

One of the manuals has a tutorial where it takes you through a series of tutorial missions that breaks down how to call artillery, what all the commands do, basic infantry tactics etc etc. You should really play that tutorial while reading that section of the manual.

Fair enough thank you

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular

Alchenar posted:

Invite a friend now works on Ultimate General: Gettysburg!

Goon playoffs?

I'm down

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
All this graviteam talk made me reinstall the game, I just remember it not clicking for me the first time. That and UI broke me-time for a second shot.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
graviteam question, I'm in a battle and running into a problem with my units moving locations without orders. I understand the basics, however this problems is while on the defense. I've places my units where I want and as soon as I unpause they relocate, sometimes out of cover into worse potions, likewise field guns and mortars relocate throwing out all the work I spent positioning them during the initial phase. I know it's something I'm missing in the "logic" of how they default but can't seem to figure out what. I have not received fire and there is no panic.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular

Phi230 posted:

Adjustment fire and patience

It’s when you set up a indirect fire request from say the platoon commander and it starts at 0% and slowly works up? Serious question.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Mhm. RtW 2 has confirmed carriers as well, so it also has a feature leg up.

But it also has graphics that resemble a calculator with stock clip art. The competition is good.

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
Are there custom scenarios for graviteam tactics? I have a few of the expansions but can’t seem to find any user made content

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular

ZombieLenin posted:

Before I make a regrettable purchase, does CM: Red Thunder really have no German campaign?

I mean, honestly... of all the things that happened on the Eastern Front during the Second World War, Bagration was such a one-sided poo poo fest for the Germans, it seems like an odd choice for Battlefront to choose it as the subject of a CM game.

gently caress, the Oder-Neisse offensive and the battle of Berlin were less one sided (the Wehrmacht inflicted over a million casualties on the Soviets from the beginning of the Oder-Neisse offensive until May 8th, 1945).

It does have a German campaign, a large BN size mechanized unit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular
I guess I’m not in the business, but I do find it odd that in the war-gaming genre it’s always the UI that’s a bridge too far.

We have the talent to simulate a individual soldier’s pulse rate during battle, but your right mouse button is useless.

Edit. To be fair their are exceptions and they all tend to sell well for their genre

RestRoomLiterature- fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Feb 22, 2019