Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.

Mukaikubo posted:

Good news, everyone! It only took me five tries to beat the first Soviet mission on Unity of Command without failing horribly!

...don't ask about the first German mission. :downsrim:

Really fun game, even if I have no clue what I'm doing on any but the most basic mechanical level even after the tutorial and introduction mission.

The last Soviet mission from Red Turn is a nightmare.

Hell, is a seven-step elite-veterancy SS panzer corps entrenched in the ruins of Berlin. Have fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.

MohawkSatan posted:

So correct if I'm wrong, but the new Ultimate General seems a lot like one of the Total War games

Well, it was started by Darth, of Total War's Darth Mod(s). So... they're sticking with what they know?

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

Hav posted:

Not quite out of the woods, yet. There's a missing MSSTDFMT.DLL that crops up on the system view, and I'm trying to figure out the regsvr bits.

It's easier just to install (and then promptly uninstall) a tiny utility program that includes it.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,1715.msg21036.html#msg21036

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

Phi230 posted:

I think that would only be relevant in multiplayer

"Why is every single ijn tf named 'Tokyo Bay Fortress'?"

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

A slight concern that there's still no mention of AI wars outside of the player's actions.

Other than that, :woop:

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

Saros posted:

It's still like that for me even with the latest version. Especially egregious with the setpieces with expanding maps where you go into the next phase of the battle completely empty of ammo but the enemy has a whole new army.

In modernity, one wonders why the Confederacy was so determined to preserve racial slavery when they had mastered rapid-cycle cloning tank technology, but such are the vagaries of history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

but if the enemy has multiple fc and i have one then i can only engage one infinity at a time?

This is technically correct, but the AI is not intelligent enough to try to cheese you with hundreds of individually wire-guided missiles. One PDFC per five AMM tubes or half-dozen gun barrels is more than sufficient.