Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Alchenar posted:

You do actually have a coherent line on Brussels now. The only problem is that some jerkass panzer corps just seized a river crossing to the west of it.

e: catching an entire French infantry corps stacked up and not ready to fight was probably the decisive turn. I'm punching in three directions at once and there's maybe the forces to stop one of them.

Stop talking and post pictures already. I've been trying to avoid war gaming but you people are making it hard. Now I see a really good pbem game going on. Ugh. Is this decisive battles? Show me where to spend my money!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Does anyone here have access to Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations? It looks absolutely stunning, and I signed up for the beta. Even though I hate Matrix' evil business practice, this might be the game that I have been dreaming of.

E: And with a built in mission editor, I can finally build that drat World in Conflict scenario I've always wanted to build :getin:

E: completely wrong, its this guy http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=70345

It was in the military history thread.

jaegerx fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Aug 9, 2013

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Quick thanks to baloogan. Great stream tonight. Gonna watch a few more before I commit to it but it seems good. The google earth simulator is pretty awesome and you should all check it out.

E: stupid iPhone

jaegerx fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Sep 29, 2013

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Koesj posted:

Umm that's Steel Beasts Legacy, published in 2000. We're at Pro PE right now and 3.0 is around the corner. Never played anything else than the demo for the first one more than 10 years ago though so I couldn't comment any further.

This is SB 2.6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVq6VUj_clk

Is this like a spiritual successor to M1 Tank Platoon?

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Has anyone tried this game on steam?

http://tank-operations.com/

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

This might make more sense in the paradox thread but has anyone in here checked out http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/march-of-the-eagles

It seems like a smaller EU4 with more focused on war which is interesting. Anyone here checked it out?

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

uPen posted:

Yeah it's a really fun multiplayer game but I wouldn't recommend it at full price if you're just going to play single player. The goal of the game is to take your country to land and naval dominance by conquering certain territories. Everyone knows where everyone else stands at all times so a lot of the fun is the diplomacy of convincing everyone else HEY GUYS THE OTTOMANS ARE ABOUT TO WIN and forming a huge anti-Turk coalition while you scamper off and conquer Italy or whatever it is you need. The AI doesn't really work as well for this which is why it kind of falls apart when you don't have humans controlling the major powers.

The warfare plays kinda like Vicky2 warfare but with way way way more trooptypes that aren't different enough to justify their existence.

Paradox has it for $10 right now with steam key, seems like a decent buy if we can get a few games outa it.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

All this civil war game talk really makes me wish I could get Sid mieres Gettysburg working on my pc. Does anyone know if it works on windows 8.1?

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Anyone know a quick way to get a steam key out of matrix games for my old Commander Modern Air/Naval Warfare?

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

His company is working on this http://www.navalaction.com/

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Kangra posted:

Is the PC version of Ultimate General: Gettysburg good? Most of the people I've heard who liked it played the ipad version. GoG has it on sale for $5.00 right now (along with discounted * General games from the 5-star series ).

It's worth it.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Alikchi posted:

CMANO 2 better have multiplayer.

Didn't balagoon hack in some multiplayer before he started working there or was it something with google earth.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

gently caress helicopters and planes in cold waters

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

I started a new cold waters campaign and had the Kiev in the first mission. That was odd.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Baloogan posted:

watch a historialgamer stream
hes a good guy

Jive turkey is more entertaining and has better stories.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

gradenko_2000 posted:

No way, can we really do Midway in CMANO? I know just about nothing about using the scenario editor.

Some guy fought pearl harbour with that movie of the enterprise going back in time. It's on YouTube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

It's finally our time.

https://www.civilservicejobs.servic...zBlYTNkZg%3D%3D