Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

ZombieLenin posted:

I just read D-Day Through German Eyes and it has me this close to dropping $110 on CM: Normandy.

As someone who has already given Battlefront hundreds of dollars—someone please talk me out of it.

Catching up from the past few pages.

FYI, that book is apparently widely considered to be a fake, as is indeed the other books from this publisher.

For example here's an r/Askhistorians take on them.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/6r3s0g/what_is_the_opinion_on_the_last_panther_and_dday/

Deptfordx fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Sep 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

To save others like myself who don't use twitch much blundering about the site for 5 minutes trying to find the saved stream, here's the direct link for the AB video.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/320309527

Edit: Matrix Games. I don't follow Grog publishers very closely. Are they one of the ones that the game costs £75 and they won't release it on Steam, or are they one of the sane ones?

Deptfordx fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Oct 9, 2018

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Ferdinand Porsche wakes from a beautiful dream.

"18 inch guns with rocket assisted shells and proximity fuses shall blast those B-17's from our skies.":science:

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Can you create your own weapons stats if you wanted to go say full Hammers Slammers for funsies.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Flavius Aetass posted:

Wow, never thought I'd be praying for a youtube video to change to Grey's voice.

Man, that is serious smug Youtube grognard voice. Points deducted for not being about 40k lore however.