Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
My god it sounds like the SA wargamer crowd is an awfully entitled bunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Necroneocon posted:

I hate to double post, but all of Gary Grigsby's game are amazing and fun and still hold up to this day despite the eh graphics. Gary Grigsby is my hero.

Yeah, the Grigsby Brand is gold with me. Grigsby means I will have lists of FUN details to gently caress with.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Matrix games.... having sales?

What the hell is going on?!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

ArchangeI posted:

I guess I am literally blind and/or dumb, sorry! Could have sworn there was nothing on their page, but I might just have caught them between slides or something.

Hey you are Grognard gamer. We are either actually 50 years old or have the mind and eyes of a 50 year old man. Otherwise we would be playing call of duty with all those other young wippersnappers.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I've been looking forward to Command. Red Pill was a much better name though.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol im gay

Baloogan fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 14, 2016

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol im gay

Baloogan fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 18, 2015

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Necroneocon posted:

So not one picked up WitE expansion Lost Battles? It's only 15 bucks and they are great scenarios.

Why so much price talk in this thread? Last thread we actually talked about games. :smith:

The thread title is reminding everyone of game prices over and over I guess.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
One game that was goddamn worth 120bux was War in the Pacific AE. That is as far as I'm concerned the best game ever made.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Really needs a UI overhaul though.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Nothing quite like an alpha strike from 2 CVBG with nukes. Its really quite terrifying.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

uPen posted:

I made this jump recently since Normandy is cheaper than Italy and I'm loving it. I've also developed a deep seated hatred of bocage which I think is the intent.

Has anyone let the french know that if they aren't going to defend their country again and expect someone else to liberate them the least they could do is get rid of all the bocage now?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
You know he might have died. Old people play grognardy games. I've seen it happen before.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'd even say its a wargame but not a grognard wargame.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
You are not ready for WitE.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I like TOAOWIII's WWI scenarios.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I really like TOAOW. Operational level simulation is why I like wargames.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I remember I could never get East Front the game to run on my old computer but I could get the map editor to run. I had so much fun working on fantasy OOBs.

One of the many reasons why I'm a salty grognard now.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Don't play a Gary Grisby game if you are looking for something other than a Gary GRisby game. His brand name certainly has a style.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Jakse posted:

Are you referring to the encirclement of almost 3 divisions worth of 14th Army or is there another surprise in store?

Oh crap. I'm at work so I can't open the save file. I have a feeling those were my favorite divisions.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
One thing that is balancing this terrible news out for me is that I got into the Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations closed beta!!!

http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=1101

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Okay work be dammed I'm taking my turn. The 14th Army will rise again!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure Hitler just executed me.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I honestly tried to follow the plan outlined in this image.

Where the 14th pushes east for the most part. That panzer corps was placed to try to cut off any attempt at what you are doing now. I think they might have failed.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Same with air warfare too. Its a hugely flawed game that isn't getting any more patches.
Organic AA units do not defend against air attack if there are any land attack weapons in the unit.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
rly gay

Baloogan fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 18, 2015

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Riso posted:

gently caress matrix and wargame programmers.

Go play call of duty okay thanks goodbye.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Yes it is. If games of that sort scratch your videogame itch by all means go get some sick 360 headshots.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Do you know what 'Grognard' means? 'Grumbler', or 'One who grumbles' in french.

Its an apt designation.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Yeah I'd be down for that. However be prepared for an horrifying amount of incompetence in my military leadership.

If there were leadership requirements to play I think I could effectively command a truck. Not a motorized division, one single truck.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
50bux cheap!

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Decisive Campaigns Comically Inept Battalion reporting in as ordered!~

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I love their retarded marketing graphics. Hell yes close ups of pixelated crap sure makes me excited about war games.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'm in the WITW beta :coal:

There are lots of things to click.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
No wait for Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations. Its out on the 24th!

Announcement:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3396641

Product page:
http://matrixgames.com/products/483/details/Command:.Modern.Air/Naval.Operations

AAR you might want to read:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3392507

Am I shilling for this game:
Yes! Naval combat simulations deserve your support too! The world needs more naval combat simulations.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I'm also in the Command beta :coal:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Yes.

Its so much better than that Naval War crap game.

Its a simulation that is very fun to play.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Have you ever played WITP? Its quite a bit like WITP, there are Grand Campaign scenarios with different starting times and then there are tiny little scenarios.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Alchenar posted:

WitP is very much not fun to play.

If you don't find WITP fun then you will not find WITW fun. Also I'm very sorry for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Fintilgin posted:

Yeah, I played* WITP, I just wasn't sure if they were going to let you say, skip the invasion of Italy and try for a summer 1943 landing in Brittany or weird alt-history things like that or if it was more 'locked down'.

* Booted, pushed buttons, goggled in confusion, put down.

You can skip the invasion of Italy. You aren't forced to do anything if you don't want.