Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe

pthighs posted:

The answer is to ship a copy of Red Storm Rising for free with every purchase of CMANO.

I'm re reading red storm rising and found CMANO and I'm really trying to hold back until there is a sale. Does anyone have any experience with flashpoint campaigns? It seems a great hex war game set in the Cold War period. Also are there "red storm rising" scenarios for CMANO?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Baloogan posted:

Its really great, uncompromising on realism like Command. Late cold war land combat is paaaainful and very destructive. Play as warsaw pact first, NATO is hard mode.

Theres a buuuuuch of scenarios involving Iceland, dunno if there is RSR specific scenarios. There are alot of user scenarios (of varying goodness)

I'm sure there are Atlantic crossing scenarios or convoy work as well. I might get flashpoint as well then ungggg

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
How long does one usually have to wait for some of these games to go on sale? I've been watching flashpoint campaigns for a bit and that price wont budge an inch.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
if anyone has been on the fence about Flashpoint Campaigns its 50% off during origins at the matrix store:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4299788

Going to grab both I think.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

ZombieLenin posted:

You should. loving awesome games.

Still waiting patiently for Southern Storm, but I'm beginning to worry it isn't going to happen.

I did hooked them into steam as well, too bad they didn't have the sale in steam too.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Pharnakes posted:

As fantastic as it is that Matrix now gives out steam keys and has sales, surely they would make 10 times as much if they just put the two together. :negative:

for sure, especially since the process is quite byzantine by today's lazy click then game standards.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
do any of you guys play Wargame red dragon at all? I know its not the most grog thing ever but its got some decent depth and while there is some apm its not too too bad. I just got back into it after not having played it for a while and its pretty fun especally in the 10v10 realm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
is the close combat modern tactics game any good? I know the original ones are really quite fun but I'm not sure if the formula translates to a modern time frame.