Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeceasedHorse
Nov 11, 2005
So yesterday after bashing my head against the John tiller games for a few good (still working out such advanced concepts as moving and what 90% of the buttons do) I decided to drop 20 bucks on panzer corps Africa corps. I figured I'd spend a few minutes on the tutorial and then get back to bio shock 3.

Ten hours later I realized i sort of realized I had forgotten to eat and oh look it's midnight. And I tried to play a free more turns in my desperate attempt to finally seize Tobruk and oops late for work. It may lack the insane detail of the more grognardy games but it's cheap, has little spirits that go pew pew instead of NATO counters. It's historicity is somewhat questionable in terms of actual details but it does a surprisingly good job of capturing the see saw , open and fluid theater of north Africa and the AFV arms race. It's definitely a bit puzzlish and combat results are a bit too variable at times but it was definitely worth the 20 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeceasedHorse
Nov 11, 2005
I'm considering picking up one of the decisive campaigns games along with commander: the Great War to take advantage of this 'sale'. Does either of the two have an advantage over the othe, or is it just a setting change?

DeceasedHorse
Nov 11, 2005
That Taifun scenario in Black Turn :stare: talk about a jump in difficulty, I've spent more time on it then the rest of the campaign combined. For those of you who succeeded at it, what's worked? It looks like its necessary to envelope Tula and it's hordes of defenders (somehow) while grinding away at Moscow itself and hope the weather doesn't stop the you in too many sectors simultaneously.