Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Murasaki Shiro FP: 1

Shiro didn't much like the little shrine because it reminded her of home in that cardboard movie prop way so many things did in Miami. All of it was fake. The trees weren't real, the mist on the cool breeze was just coming out of a fan someplace, even the stones in the stream were just painted plastic. The only thing that brought a smile to her face were the little robotic koi fish. There'd been some trouble after she fish-napped one, (not that anyone suspected her, but the manager was in a fury...) But duplicating and improving on the design was a simple matter. When she replaced the missing fish with two better ones a few days later all the complaints vanished. She could see them now, bright orange and white, standing apart from the other fish because they almost looked real.

The sound of people talking distracted her from the fishbot watching. Time to meet the mission team. When she realized she knew some of them, she smiled.

"Storms!" she called, waving enthusiastically as she dashed (arms held behind her in true ninja fashion) over to him and caught him up in a feet-off-the-ground-hug. "I didn't know they would be asking my good-luck charm along. It's nice to see you again." She put the man down and bowed solemnly to Juliana. "You as well, Morgan-san. I wasn't told what the mission would be, but Hakurei is Hakurei." She shrugged, as if that explained something. "I wonder what they're sending us to kill today?"

Murasaki Shiro posted:

High Concept: Ex-Shinigami Cyborg

Trouble: High Maintenance Girl

Backstory: Revenge Is A Way of Life

Yomikiri: Ueru’s Respect

Volume 3: Spell-sword Sellsword

OVA: Doku Kurawaba Sara Made (If you've eaten poison, lick the plate)

Omake: Law of Inverse Ninja Strength

Skills:
+5 Weapons, Will
+4 Lore, Robotics
+3 Stealth, Physique
+2 Investigate, Athletics
+1 Resources, Alertness, Rapport

Passion: Robotics -used instead of crafts for self repairs and for temporary advantages like pain inhibition or overriding safeties on cyborg bits. Also a love for Giant Robots. And regular sized robots. And even little bitty nano-robots.

Stress:
Physical: ()()()()
Mental: ()()()() +1 Mild Consequence

Refresh: 8-6 = 2

Stunts:
Magic Swordsman: [-1] Use Weapons instead of Spellcasting for Evocation. Magic zone attacks don't hurt you if you're in the same zone.

Powers:
Soul Relic: Ueru, the Cursed Blade [-3] (-5+2)
-Evocation [-3] (Fire, Water, Spirit, spec: Spirit Offensive)
-Inhuman Speed [-2]

Zen Direction: [-1] be where you're needed, sub will for another roll
Sora no Kokei: [–1] ninja vanish from mortals
Shinigami Taishitsu: [-0] Halted aging process

Gear:
Cursed Blade Ueru- Weapon:3, 2-handed katana.

Paper Talismans- 3 Potion slots. (Base Strength of 4.) Can store evocations.

Shield Arm- Enchanted Item, 4 shift spirit shield with 1 use. The metal under the false skin of Shiro's left arm is engraved with defensive runes, letting her focus her will to call forth a shield of spirit energy to deflect attacks.

Changelog:
+1 Investigate.
Swapped Investigate and Rapport. (+1/+2)

mistaya fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Feb 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Murasaki Shiro FP:1

"Ah, but it was I who swung first." Shiro said to Juliana. She didn't sound sorry, merely stating a fact. "No harm was done. And now we are allies again! A fated meeting, perhaps?"

As Maria pulled up Shiro gave her a friendly nod. Ever since their first mission together it seemed like Hakurei paired them off whenever possible. That was fine with Shiro, as both her sword and Maria's bike got along exceedingly (perhaps worrisomely?) well which meant they left the two women to their work most of the time as they were too busy taunting each other to bother their handlers.

Ueru wasted no time greeting the Eldrtichbike in the most insulting way possible. It returned fire with a gleeful laugh. Shiro ignored this because the ExoCute man was walking up. Her eyes got as big as an anime girl's.

"Kyaaaa! Moriyuki-san! Anata wa, atarashî katarogu o motte imasu ka??!"
(Ahhh! Ando! Do you have the new catalog yet?!) Google translate don't fail me now!

One of Shiro's most prized possessions was the Chibi-Neko-Miao! cell phone strap(slash-garotte) that even now was proudly hanging from her old-but-servicable model. Spending money was mostly a pipe dream for the Shinigami but what she had tended to go towards the cutest, deadliest, budget items in the ExoCute catalog.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Apr 18, 2013

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro FP:1

Shiro barely gave Anna a second glance. She'd helped kill her first demon at 6, after all, and was just as painfully familiar with near-death recoveries. Although a magical artifact would certainly have been easier than months and months of physical therapy there were benefits to not relying on that kind of power. It certainly hadn't seemed to make Anna happy anyway.

She stared long and hard at the security footage, because she had heard a few things about this Ninja Clan before, but the leader's face just didn't ring any bells. There were some people she could ask about it later maybe, but for now, she just nodded along with Storms...

...right up until he started talking about how to blow up the Moon Rabbit.

"Wait just one moment! We don't need to destroy Usagi-chan, just rescue her!"

She eyed the specs, sadly forced to agree with him about the potential weaknesses of the model. "It's not her fault she is only a prototype. Look, half of these things are easily fixed. Move the plating down here to protect the engine and shift the weight to the top of the legs instead of having it hang off the back... It wouldn't require much work at all, you and I could probably do it in the field if we had any supplies." She frowned, remembering something else he'd said.

"And I am quite sure I can match pace with Morgan-san if it comes to that."

---

Shiro's love for Robotics means she would really rather capture than kill dear little Usagi-chan.

[14:16] <mistaya> Lore to see if i can ID the Lead Ninja Man:
[14:16] <mistaya> !r fudge +4
[14:16] <Krysmbot> mistaya, -//- +4 = 2
[14:17] <mistaya> Robotics for complete understanding of Usagi-specs:
[14:17] <mistaya> !r fudge+4
[14:17] <Krysmbot> mistaya, /-++ +4 = 5
[14:18] <mistaya> can i get a witness? :v
[14:18] <Thesaurasaurus> to?
[14:18] <FireSight> witnessed

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro considers the options while they split off. She would have preferred to stick with Storms but the Port was not nearly as interesting to her as the Yatagarasu Facility (which she had been planning on infiltrating at some point in the future anyway, if she could figure out how to bypass that security system...) A free pass into the place for work was just too good to turn down.

"Be careful with my good luck charm!" She calls after Juliana, waving to Storms and Ando before following Maria and Anna.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro doesn't bother interrupting Anna's valiant attempt to contract lung cancer on the drive over. She's too busy going over the Moon Rabbit's specs again through her left-eye AR device, making notations on the design and trying to figure out the minimum amount of materials they'd need to get it into working order if they wanted to sneak it out.

A smile crosses her lips as she considers keeping it. If the boss is willing to blow up Usagi-chan, returning her is hardly necessary is it? Really it would be better to just say she was blown to pieces, make it look like...

<When do we get to the fun part?> Ueru complains, interrupting her train of thought. <I'm bored!>

Shiro tilted her head and answered him. <Probably not for a while yet, my friend. We have to find this ninja clan before we can start removing heads. Given who we are working with, I don't doubt that you'll have plenty to keep you interested once we do.>

When they met back up with Maria, she led the way towards the door but Shiro stopped before entering. She wasn't interesting in questioning guards who'd been too incompetent (or paid off) to stop the break-in. Besides, she really wanted to get a look around the whole place while she had permission. That meant starting on the outside and working her way in.

"I'll check around out here first, if you don't mind Maria. Ja ne." she broke off, hopping from an air conditioner to a horizontal pipe to an air vent, up to the roof of one of the short exterior buildings. There she sat down cross legged, with Ueru sheathed across her lap. She closed her eyes and let the world bleed in. The sword lent his power to her without speaking for once as she cast her wish to the winds.

"Watashi ga iku hitsuyô ga aru kami wa, watashi o toru."
(God, take me where I need to go.)

---
Activating Zen Direction! Lead on, oh powers-that-be!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro hugs the wall keeping as inconspicuous as possible. It isn't difficult, the Shining Eye goons are making enough noise to mask an approaching mech unit.

<Well look what we have here!> Ueru laughed madly in her head. <POSERS!>

<Yes.> Shiro answers, troubled.

<Ugh, fine. Use the flat. It's not like their blood is worth sipping anyway.> The sword's voice is grumpy but not angry. It knows her too well by now. <But can I at least scare them a little bit?>

<By all means.> Shiro smiled.

Ueru's presence intensified within her as she let him take control of her physical body. She was still in command and could kick him out whenever she liked, but he was very good at being a scary guy, and giving him a chance now and then kept him happy.

Ueru quickstepped out from behind the group of 'ninjas', the two handed katana drawn and held at the ready. "Anata no masutâ no mae ni wâmu o furueru! HA HA Hahahaha!"
(Tremble worms before your master!)

The sword blazed into blue fire as bright as a blowtorch.

"Nani ga kiniiranai noda. Anata ni wa, haha kokugo o hanasanai nodesu ka?"
(What's wrong? Don't you speak the mother language?)

She spat on the ground. "Then talk in your own words. Tell me where it is, and I might just let you all live."

-----
[17:29] <mistaya> Trying to be a sneaky ninja:
[17:29] <mistaya> !r fudge +3
[17:29] <Krysmbot> mistaya, +--+ +3 = 3
[17:29] <Ryuujin> I am not the one to look to for balanced yet challenging encounters

[18:49] <mistaya> Subbing will to scare the crap out of some ninjas via Zen Direction's once-a-scene (Intimidation)
[18:49] <mistaya> !r fudge +5
[18:49] <DroidAsmadi7> That's some weird syntax
[18:49] <Krysmbot> mistaya, +//- +5 = 5

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"DID I SAY YOU COULD LEAVE?!" Ueru yelled, swinging the blade in an overhand arc that smashed a line of blue fire across the Shining Eye's escape route. If they bothered to look, they might have noticed that the ground was unscorched. Magical theatrics were a lot easier and less likely to actually set the place on fire, after all.

Two little messages popped up on Shiro's AR, and she read them while Ueru grabbed the one chatty ninja by his black pajama collar and picked him up off the ground to hold him at face level.

An evil smile spread over Shiro's face. "You, or someone foolish enough to dress like you, stole something of value from this place last night. I want it back, and you're going to tell me where it is. Or I can slice you open and read the answer in your entrails. HA HA HAH."

<Did that ever really work?> Shiro asked.

<Probably. I used to know a guy.> Ueru said.

[I found the guys who were in that van.] Shiro messaged Maria. [Out back, sending you the coordinates. Trying to shake them down but I may have gone overboard.]

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro FP: 1->2

Taking that compel on "Law of Inverse Ninja Strength", because Shiro knows one ninja against a group of ninjas always wins.

---

To Maria: [Yeah I've got them cornered, sort of. Five of them. If you want to ask questions you should get here before they try anything dumb.]

"Snake Eyes, seriously?" Shiro's own voice breaks through Ueru's control. She drops the captured man and takes a step back, shifting into a stance with the blade resting on her forearm. "Show me what you've got then, Wannabe-tanabe." The false-flame fades away, leaving only cold folded steel.

[They're about to try something dumb. I'll try to leave one conscious. Please, hurry. I'd rather not have to kill them.]

--

Shiro is most likely first in this exchange but she's delaying her action for DRAMATIC EFFECT until after the poser-clan. And also so that her friends will get to see her show off when they show up.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro FP:2

Whoosh, Ting, Tingting, Whoosh!
Tingting, Whoosh, Ting, Whoosh, ---Riiip---!

Shiro effortlessly avoids or parries everything that the Shining Eye throw at her until one lucky clawed punch catches the edge of her sleeve and tears through the fabric to graze the skin underneath. She steps back. A thin line of blue light shows through the false skin rather than blood. "Oh-ho! Not so bad after all then. I'll have to treat you like a real threat!"

She jumps, actuator-boosted legs pushing her a good ten feet up into an aerial front-flip. As the blade of the sword comes around and down it starts keening with the force of real magic.

"KAMI NO KEN!" Her voice and Ueru's mingle as the power is released.
(Fist of God!)

WHUMP!!!

A wave of invisible pressure slams down over the Shining Eye, leveling them like bowling pins. The sheer backlash of force twinges through Shiro's arm, wrenching it painfully but she's made that repair so many times she can do it with her eyes closed.

Her feet touch ground just as Maria arrives on scene.

----

Shiro posted:

Physical: (X)(X)()()
Mental: (X)()()() +1 Mild Consequence
Mild:
Moderate:
Severe:

Shiro dodges like a ninja!
[23:51] <mistaya> !r fudge +3
[23:51] <Krysmbot> mistaya, /+// +3 = 4
[23:51] <Kai_Tave> mistaya gets it.
[23:51] <mistaya> clean dodge on all but one
[23:52] <Kai_Tave> THAT ONE DIES FIRST

Shiro fires back! 4 shifts. (Roll should actually be +6, so total is +5)
FORCE evocation, dedicating 2 shifts to zone-wide effect, so attack is 5, weapon:2 Shiro must also dodge her own attack as she is in the same zone.
[23:54] <mistaya> !r fudge +5
[23:54] <Krysmbot> mistaya, /-+- +5 = 4

Ninja 1 dodges!
[23:54] <Ettin> !r fudge+2
[23:54] <Krysmbot> Ettin, //--+2 = 0

Ninja 2-5 dodges!
[00:02] <TurninTrix> !r fudge+2#4
[00:02] <Krysmbot> TurninTrix, +//-+2 = 2, /+/-+2 = 2, -///+2 = 1, /+//+2 = 3
[00:02] <mistaya> krysmbot you're drunk go home

Shiro dodges! (2 stress hit taken)
[00:08] <mistaya> !r fudge +3
[00:08] <Krysmbot> mistaya, //++ +3 = 5
[00:08] <mistaya> oh thank baby jesus
[00:08] <TurninTrix> very kind

With 3 health bubbles and a mild, it takes 6 to KO a Miami ninja.
in which case... ninjas 1 and 4 are KO'd, ninjas 2 and 3 are mild+3rd, and ninja 5 is the lucky one at mild and a 2nd.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Apr 25, 2013

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro waves a welcome to Maria. Ueru pauses her arm mid wave and spins back towards the two remaining, staggering, Shining Eye ninjas. He growls and charges. One ninja manages to get his head on straight enough to throw a spin kick at her, but Ueru just shrugs off the blow and dives at him. (Another dent, damnit, she'd be up all night with the hammer fixing-)

<NO! UERU USE THE FLAT!>

At the very last second, close enough for the razor's edge of the cursed blade to cut cleanly through the cloth mask concealing his face, the sword turned to the side and hit the Miami Ninja in the throat hard enough to have taken his head just as cleanly. The man collapsed to the ground, choking, but alive.

Shiro wrenched control of her body back and sheathed the sword with some finality.

<You did not have permission to kill.>

<They hurt you!>

<Scratches, dents, nothing.>

<But...>

<Enough! You were showing off!>

He fell silent. Shiro turned to watch Maria.

----

Shiro posted:

Physical: (X)(X)(X)()
Mild:
Moderate:
Severe:

Shiro Bitchslaps a Ninja: (+2 from tag)
[03:57] <Krysmbot> mistaya, -++/ +5 = 6
[03:57] <mistaya> dodge?
[03:57] <Kai_Tave> Hey remember you get a free +2 if you compel their consequence.

A Ninja dies horribly:
[04:03] <Krysmbot> Ettin, ---/+3 = 0
[04:04] <Kai_Tave> That ninja just died so hard his ancestors felt it.

11 damage, he had 2nd box remaining. WASTED.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"It's under control. Ueru just gets a little overexcited when he has a lady to show off for." She raises an eyebrow at the bike. "My companion was a man once. Don't worry Maria, I wouldn't try to test my will against whatever the heck you've got in there."

She turns to the ninja and gives him a gentle (well... mostly) boot to the rear. "Lead the way, survivor. I want to peruse this merchandise of yours. If you're helpful enough I might even let you go afterwards. If you're very silly and try to call your boss I will break both your legs. Where is old Snake Eyes anyway, I have only heard tales of a Moustache."

She said both offer and threat in the same gentle, yet firm voice. It was considerably more scary than Ueru's mad laughter.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"Sacrifice?!" Shiro gasped, dropping the bear claw before it got halfway to her mouth.

<Heh, seriously? Didn't think the little punks had that in them.> Ueru laughed. <Actually they probably don't. Sounds like a Moustache-in-charge sort of deal.>

"Samantha, did you overhear them talking about where they were going or what their plans are? Even something small might be important. We're after them because they stole something from our company, but if there's sacrificing involved it might be time to pay their dojo a visit and possibly burn it to the ground."

<You know how much I love burning!>

"And if you tell us where you were snatched I'm sure we can take you home again, since we'll need to check that out anyway."

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro shrugs. "Well, first it would help to know why you know where the Shining Eye dojo is. I don't want to put you in any more danger, your kids are probably worried since you didn't come home."

Ueru whistles and draws Shiro's attention to Maria while she ransacks the strongbox. "Are those..." *gasp* "They are. Maria, if you would set aside the throwing stars for me I will be more than happy to plant them in our enemies' behinds later this evening. And the smoke bombs. Arigato."

With a predatory smile she turns back to Samantha. "Now then, if you know where, perhaps you know who is in charge, as well?"

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro claps appreciatively for the display of throwing skill. "Nice!" She offers her phone to Samantha. "It might be a while before we get back to them then, you want to check in with your family?"

There is only a slight twinge on her conscience for setting the phone to record calls, but when someone admits they were once part of the enemy organization it's best to be careful.

She takes a moment to make sure the bike isn't disturbing any of the snakes before climbing into the passenger seat of the van. She isn't a big fan of most live animals but snakes are interesting because of their movement, and she considers keeping one of the more harmless ones just to observe it for... Oh, there will time for that later.

"Let's pick up Anna and check in with the rest of the team." She says to Maria. "We should probably bring everyone if we're going to the dojo."

She sends a quick message to Storms over the AR. [Looks like we found the ninjas' home base, you guys need backup over there?]

Her message is intercepted by a tiny pink-beret'd anime girl who waves enthusiatically in her field of vision.

Exocutrix 3.52 posted:

"Storms-sama is currently enjoying the Exocutrix 3.52 Gatling-Girl Experience! Would you like your message to wait until after the barrel is done firing at 3000 rounds per minute, or deliver now? Delivering now may mean your message is lost in the passion of battle!"

Shiro suppresses a jealous sigh. Of course Ando had all the toys with him. [Deliver immediately please.]

mistaya fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Apr 28, 2013

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

[Actually we may have a more secure location available than a bar.] Shiro suggests, quickly sending directions to Samantha's home to the second team. [I've heard there are cookies.]

Shiro hands the donut box back to Anna, hoping that the remaining jelly might help mask the booze, vomit, gunpower, and blood smell that's currently wafting forward.

<Oh this kid is something special.> Ueru says appreciatively. <Man I wish you could see her aura it's... goddamn it's beautiful.>

The last thing Ueru gushed over like that was one of those monsters normal people can't look at straight without losing their sanity. Shiro isn't particularly worried yet, crazy is a phase most young women go through, as long as you keep them pointed in the direction of your enemies everything's fine.

Hopefully.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro enjoys her cookies and tea, keeping a close eye on Anna as she entertains the kids. It's not distrust, just wariness. But the MGPI seems to be quite capable of leaving work at work. That's a relief.

As everyone else is distracted by shiny new guns (or paperwork!) She feels a tug on her sleeve. "Hey! Mama says 'No swords in da house.'" The Shinigami does her best not to smile at the chubby-cheeked little girl who clearly takes this all very seriously.

"Well we'd better follow the rules, then." Shiro says, gripping the sheath and casting a quick spell of invisibility over it to hide it from view.

"Mama says, 'No magic in da house!'" The girl puts her hands on her hips and pouts. "I should tell Mama on you."

Shiro blinks. Ueru whispers something to her.

"Oh... Well we wouldn't want that. Will this be enough to ensure your silence?" Shiro offers the girl a cookie.

"For now..." The girl snatches the cookie and bolts up the stairs.

<Already taking bribes at that age. I shoulda had kids.> Ueru snickers.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro napped on the plane, it was always good to get some sleep when you could and there wasn't much for her to talk about on the way over. The military types would discuss their guns and explosives, which required lots of planning and coordination. Shiro's job was more of a solo gig. She was an infiltrator, sent through to the back line and adjusting her movements on the fly to assist the others as the situation developed.

She slipped a lavender Exocute flak jacket on over the top of her robe. It would protect the meaty bits that mattered, in the event of an emergency. The color matched her eyes, and it would not matter that it was not proper camouflage because Shiro didn't need face paint and khaki to blend in wherever she wished to.

One hand rested on Ueru's hilt as she stepped out of the van. She whispered a prayer.

"Kamisama, watashi ni kazenoyôni tsukuru. Shizukade, jinsoku, soshite watashi no teki kara kakurete."
(God, make me as the wind. Silent, swift, and hidden from my enemies.)

A gust ruffled her clothes and hair, and Shiro was gone. Those who had the sight might notice something, sense something wasn't right if they looked directly for her. But the Miami Ninjas, (at least, the cannon fodder out here with their guns and rocket launchers,) wouldn't be that good.

As Juliana drew fire in her dash to cover, Shiro bolted forward under the cover of the wind, arms held directly out behind her in true ninja fashion. She was somewhat smug about the fact that she was indeed matching pace with the other woman, though she'd never have said so.

So now, how to best get behind the line, preferably without being caught in either a rocket or a friendly grenade explosion? Her eyes settled on a half-hidden underpass that looked like it was probably used by delivery trucks.

<They'll have it guarded.> Ueru warned.

<Not for long.> Shiro grinned.

---

Activating Sora No Kokei (ninja vanish!) and running 2 zones to end up by that little group of 4 directly in front of the gate. Athletics of 2, +2 sprinting bonus from inhuman speed.

<mistaya> !r fudge +4
<Krysmbot> mistaya, /+/- +4 = 4

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Four Miami Ninjas stood, back to back, at the exit to the underpass. Two faced outside, and two inside. All kept glancing nervously at the ceiling, which was shaking and dropping bits of dirt onto their black uniforms whenever another grenade went off nearby. The sounds of battle were muffled but echoed and reverberated through the passageway, making them even more alarming than they were in the open air.

Four ninjas became five ninjas, as a new one appeared directly in the center of the group. They did not appear to notice.

SHING!

Now they noticed.

Too late. Ueru already hummed with magic as Shiro began her whirl. The air around the blade condensed into a line of pure force, shimmering in the half-light cast through the tunnel exit. The last time she'd fought them, the woman had only used a shockwave. It was meant to disable, not kill. That was then. Now...

"Aki no shûkaku!"
(Autumn harvest!)

Ueru's blade seemed to double in length as it sliced into and through the four men surrounding Shiro. Blood sprayed into the air, but each cut's angle directed it out and away from her. Ueru was elegant, even in his savagery.

Force cutter spell. 5 shifts -2 to make it an area attack: +/-+ +5 = 6, weapon:3
I will have to dodge my own spell again it looks like, but I'm waiting on an Ettin ruling before I do.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Fwump, thump, thud.

Three ninjas fell dead where they stood, and Shiro cracked her neck. The force behind her spells was something she had to be careful with or there'd be a full repair needed and that was expensive. It squeaked when she moved it back into fighting stance. That... was not very sneaky. poo poo.

The last Miami ninja in the tunnel came at her, and she had to give him credit for not fleeing in the face of stealth-murder. Credit, but not mercy.

A lazy parry and sidestep moved her around and behind him, and she thrust Ueru forward through his back. He gurgled slightly at the sword protruding from his chest and slumped down, sliding off the blade.

Shiro took a few breaths.

<Not bad, a little sloppy on the final slice.> Ueru commented. He'd been teaching her the techniques so she could use them without him having to assume direct control, but she was still a novice compared to him when it came to minimizing her movement.

She rotated the arm in the ball socket and there was a popping noise. The sound stopped. With a sigh a relief she calmed herself, repeated her prayer to the winds, and vanished from sight. Her work was far from over.

----

RETCON ALERT! Due to new functionality Shiro no longer damages herself when making magic zone attacks.

Dodging the Miami Ninja's attack, Weapons: --// +5 = 3 (vs 2, so full dodge)

Attacking the Miami Ninja, Weapons: -/+- +5 = 4, Tagging his mild, Ninja defends at 3, and dies horribly.

Reactivating Sora no Kokei so I can go stealth murder more dudes next turn.

Shiro:
Physical: ()()()()
Mild:
Moderate:
Severe:

mistaya fucked around with this message at 09:47 on May 4, 2013

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Trained eyes survey the carnage above ground as Shiro looks for another target. Her companions seem to have cleaned things up admirably though. She spots one final ninja poking his head up over the roof of the training dojo and takes aim. Dropping into a batter's stance, she readies herself.

Bright orange flame dances along the edge of her blade for a second as she wings up and swings.

"Bôrô no shômei!"
Lighting the Watchtower!

The fire condenses on the end of the blade leaping off in an arc that takes the final Miami ninja on the back. But this one is apparently more fireproof than most, because he manages to drop and roll quick enough to put it out before it does more than singe him.

--
Shiro throws a fireball, 4 shifts: /-/- +5 = 3. Takes 1 stress backlash to cover. Ninja rolls /-/+ +3 = 3, so 4th box. (OOOX)

Shiro: phys XOOO, mental XXOO

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

<Awww, that's it?> Ueru complained. <We only got, what, four?>

<Five, I think. Relax, there will be more. We have only just kicked the hornet's nest.>

Shiro flitted around the battlefield under her shroud of invisibility, making sure none of their enemies were still breathing. They weren't, the others had been thorough. She returned to the gate and flicked the blood off her sword before sheathing it.

<So, technically aren't they Cuban ninjas? I mean, this is their base, right?>

Shiro shrugged. <They don't look Cuban. Maybe it just has cheaper rent.>

She sat down cross-legged to watch Maria do her magic. It was always interesting to see another sorcerer at work, even if this was the more bookish sort. Feeling a sudden inspiration she removed a quill pen and plastic inkpot from her belt and started doodling on a thin slip of cream paper.

--

Prepping my 'potion' slots, still debating what to make but should finish next post. If anyone wants a 1 Use shield charm or a fireball just ask.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Before heading into the Gardens...

Shiro finished her calligraphy and tucked her pen and ink away. She handed one slip of cream paper to Maria, ("I can't patch up the hole but this will deflect anything that attempts to make another.") one to Ando-kun ("...we wouldn't want any scratches on that nice new vest would we?") and one to Storms. ("Because Juliana and Anna don't need it.")

Each paper talisman is a one-use defensive item that can soak 4 shifts of damage for you.

---

In the Gardens...

Ueru whistled at the shrine maiden. <Well I know what I'm here to worship.>

Shiro sighed. <You're disgusting.>

<Hey, is that a broom, cuz she just swept me off my feet!>

<You don't even have any feet.>

<I'd leave an offering in her box any->

Shiro cut him off before it could get any worse.

Miko Miko the Miko posted:

"And you are rude. Haven't you ever heard of knocking?"

<A Rude Dude with Attitude, baby. I'll knock boots-ERK!>

Rather more forcefully, this time.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 01:31 on May 8, 2013

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro FP:2->1

<Do it! Or no magic for a week.>

<Argh! Fine!>

With a voice as serious as it was sweet, Shiro turned to the miko. "Miko-san... Do... Do you like swords?" Her eye twitched.

There was a pause, and then Mikoto nodded her head.

<Now can we fight the giant snake?> Shiro growled.

<Yes!>

The katana sprang into her hands as Shiro charged forward at a dead run.

<Wait! You didn't ask what kind of swords! What if she likes... shortswords or bastard swords or...>

<She's a miko! Of course it's katana!>

<But she sees katana every day! What if she's bored with them?!>

<UERU!>

It wasn't clear if Shiro's frustration or Ueru's fretting over cute shrine girls was the cause but the giant snake very nearly evaded her flying leap, which would have been utterly embarrassing in front of everyone. White scales tinked off the flagstones, but there was no lasting damage.

There was a deep sigh in the back of Shiro's head. <Awwww, now I look like a cheap knock off. drat it!>

----

Shiro attacks the Megasnake with Weapons:
<mistaya> !r fudge +5
<Krysmbot> mistaya, ---- +5 = 1
<Destrado> Placing bets, etc.

Holy Balls, rerolling.

<mistaya> !r fudge +5
<Krysmbot> mistaya, //-/ +5 = 4
<Kai_Tave> That's better.

Tagging the snake's mild so roll of 6, Weapon:3
Snake defends at 6, takes 3 stress.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 07:19 on May 8, 2013

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro raised an eyebrow as Storms coated his axe with snake venom.

<Don't even think about it.> Ueru grumbled.

She shrugged and snapped the snake blood away, sheathing the katana. "No more trouble from you two." She glared at the miko and apprentice miko. "Take Maria's advice and find a more respectable shrine. I much prefer the Plast-Koi at our shrine to these sacred snakes of Yig. They do not bleed all over the place if someone happens to slay them either."

<Yeah, that'll convince her. No one cares about your dumb robot fish.>

<They are not dumb! You know how many hours I spent getting the fins to curl just right!>

<Uh huh.>

--

Shiro attempts some rapport to get the Miko's to come hang out at Hakurei:

<FireSight> Did I just get shot with an arrow?
<mistaya> !r fudge +2
<Krysmbot> mistaya, -/-+ +2 = 1
:downs:

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro nodded to Mikoto, turned her head and...

BOOM

*blink*
*blink*

Without seeming to have moved at all, the Shinigami was standing directly behind Storms. In a blur, one of her hands came up and backhanded the back of his helmet with a solid thunk.

"Baka." She huffed at him, before hopping daintily through the wreckage of the gate.

---

In the jail, she shook her head at the collapsed tunnel. "Baka." she repeated. But that was the end of her disapproval. There were prisoners to deal with. Even if they were locked up it was a bit beyond her ability to trust former-ninjas just on their words. But she had an idea.

"Ando-kun, a moment please?"

---

Shiro knows a certain Dojo-master back in Miami who would love some new students if Ando wants to sign them up! Then we could make sure they aren't up to no good after they leave. Obviously Fate Points are more fun than less enemies!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro FP:1->2 (from helping ninjailers)

"I thought we were diamonding!" Shiro called as Storms dashed off, axe in hand. And then the rest of them charged off in various directions leaving her shaking her head with her hands on her hips. She sighed and looked over the area with a trained eye that only twitched a couple times as the very racist ninja started saying quite nasty things.

Ueru snickered.

Her very first inclination was to leap the gap and start slicing and dicing the rocket ninjas. But then she noticed what was in the pit and an evil grin that had nothing to do with Ueru spread from ear to ear.

<Are you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?>

<Oh yes.>

She drew her sword and walked to the edge of the pit, taking her time and giving the rocket ninjas plenty of chance to draw a bead. But before they could act she dropped into a crouch then jumped, spinning as she did.

"Kaze ni ha!"
(Leaves in the Wind!)

Deep in the snake-filled pit a sudden eruption of force tossed most of them up into the air. A quick slashing motion and dozens-to-hundreds of (quite confused, and therefore annoyed, and therefore bitey) snakes were flung towards the cliffs and the ninjas on them.

--

Placing "It's Raining Snakes!" on zone 3. Base difficulty of three, calling four shifts. Success means the aspect sticks around for 2 turns. Tag usable by anyone.

<Krysmbot> mistaya, -/+/ +5 = 5
<Kai_Tave> See, I first thought that this was going to be pushing ninjas INTO snakes. It wouldn't have occurred to me to push snakes into ninjas.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

<drat I need to write these down.> Ueru said. <Did you hear the one about the prayer strips?>

Shiro did her best to ignore him, and frowned as Storms showed the rocket ninjas what a REAL rocket launcher could do. The snakes hadn't even started biting them properly yet! Oh well.

<Hey, look who's still on his feet!> Ueru said. Her gaze shifted as the white-clad ninja yelled out another epithet.

Shiro sheathed Ueru and faded from sight. She dashed up behind the racist ninja, who was only barely dancing out of the way of Asagiri's wild coke-haze swings, and with a solid boot to the rear end shoved him forward.

"ERK!" he said, as the cheap Texas steel took him in the chest. And then he was finally, mercifully, quiet. Shiro dusted off her hands, pleased with herself.

And so, Anna got her kill after all.

--

Weapons, although technically I'm using Asagiri as a weapon. :P
<Krysmbot> mistaya, -+// +5 = 5
<mistaya> and whatever tags. I think i win
<TurninTrix> one of these days i'm buying an upgrade

mistaya fucked around with this message at 06:13 on May 12, 2013

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro sighed and covered her face with both hands. She was very upset to see Ando hurt, of all of them, but yelling at Asagiri over this would only make it all worse. There had to be some way to help the girl be less self-destructive, without being patronizing.

She crouched down next to the half-in half-out of it girl. "Anna, come drinking with me after this. A professional must be in control of herself, and you are a professional, yes? So perhaps we can talk about things then."

There was another explosion as the shed became things that used to constitute a shed. Shiro bolted upright.

"Will you people stop blowing everything up?!" She yelled, extremely annoyed. "What if the Moon Rabbit had been in there?! What if there was a secret elevator leading down to the hangar?!"

<In my day we used to just light things on fire. When did fire stop being good enough?> Ueru sounded thoughtful, in contrast to Shiro's anger.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro FP: 3

"As long as the pizza does not explode." Shiro groused, but the offer was clearly accepted.

----

The electric-fist-toting ninja was quite a bit more skilled than the previous set had been and Shiro's parry sent a jolt of electricity up her arm that caused her fingers to seize up momentarily.

"C+ at best, I think." She growled. "Should have studied more!"

She jumped back and away from them, reaching into her belt pouch and pulling out a bright ~Magenta~ throwing star. It glowed in the white smoke. Quickly she hurled it towards the nearest approaching drug-ninja. If Asagiri was any indication, addicts were best taken down at long range.

Defense vs. Shockninja, Weapons: <Krysmbot> mistaya, -/+- +5 = 4, tagging Exam Jitters to avoid damage.

Throwing rainbow shuriken at the weedninja, Weapons: <Krysmbot> mistaya, //+- +5 = 5
Tagging Winners Don't Do Drugs to make that a 7, weapon: 1?

mistaya fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 14, 2013

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro was getting annoyed. Her ears were ringing from the last round of mortar fire, and these ninjas truly were never-ending.

She was just turning back from her shuriken throw when a shock-ninja clocked her square in the jaw. The jolt of electricity caused her muscles to seize, but in a way it was good that he'd gone for skin contact instead of her robotic parts. She could shake off the electricity, but not internal damage to her moving parts. A quick glance at Juliana proved that point clearly.

"OK, that was more of a B+." Shiro quipped. She dashed forward and through the most wounded shockninja in the group, steel blade flashing.

<Okay, now wait... don't look back yet...>

There was a soft cough and a wet thud as two- no three pieces of ninja met the floor a second apart from each other.

<That's my girl!> Ueru beamed. Shiro couldn't help the smug smile as she turned to face the remainder.

And then a warning was called out, and as Shiro turned to look, a rainbow exploded.

---

Shiro: Physical OOOX, Mental OOOO
Weapons: <Krysmbot> mistaya, +-+- +5 = 5 on the nearest shockninja.
Shockninja (OOX, Mild, Moderate) defends: <Krysmbot> Ettin, -/+++3 = 4
Ueru does 4 damage, tagging his consequences for an extra 4, and he explodes like ninjas tend to do.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro FP:3

Shiro whirled back at the ninjas still fighting Asagiri. She was starting to get a contact buzz just from being in the proximity of all of them.

<Man, that's some good poo poo! Don't listen to Briefcase Man, you can do some crazy moves when you're too stoned to->

Shing! Shing-shing! Slice-rip!

Splurt.

<So yeah when you're high you can't dodge as good which can be a real problem if->

Splurt. Splurt.

<Uh, you know what? You're probably better off sober.>

-----
Weapons:
<mistaya> shing
<mistaya> !r fudge +5
<Krysmbot> mistaya, --/+ +5 = 4
<TurninTrix> ack
<AlanWhats> you shing awful

Tagging "Winners Don't Use Drugs" and tagging the weed-ninja's mild to bring that to 8, Weapon:3

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro gives Storms a wave to let him know she's fine before cleaning her blade and sheathing it. The first order of business completed, she gives herself a once over to make sure that she really is fine- because between the adrenaline and the contact buzz she isn't all that sure... But everything is still attached, if a little dented in places.

Everyone else seems to have an immediate building of interest, between towers, drug dens, libraries, and offices. But Shiro isn't all that curious about the place. She takes a minute to go over the still-twitching Sacred Snake of Yig, slicing a few of the white belly scales away with her small knife and retrieving the single unbroken fang from where it was lodged in the side of a wall due to the explosive power of rainbows. Loot safely stored in magically sealed pockets, she looked around to see if anyone needed assistance.

She gravitated towards Juliana, who was hovering at around 7 on the ick-chart. Initially, she thought that was all that was wrong, but on closer inspection the other woman was walking with a hitch in her step, and something was definitely wrong with the way she was trying to hold her head, as if she couldn't see very well. Juliana had definitely taken the worst of what the ninjas could throw at the group, but she'd seemed so indestructible that Shiro hadn't given it much thought until now. Maybe there was something she could do to help.

"I have something stronger than a sink, if you'd like." she said, offering a paper talisman to Juliana. "It's an old Shinigami trick. 'Taki to Soyokaze', for when you can't come back to the village stinking of monster guts."

(Waterfall and Breeze, it's basically a shower in a talisman. Douses you with water then blow-dries you with hot air, takes about 15 seconds.)

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro followed Juliana into the Library. She didn't quite go invisible but she was leaning on her Shinigami ability to go unnoticed, just in case. It wasn't necessary. The place was quiet and no one seemed interested in fighting. Which was fine by Shiro, as she was far more interested in that box.

Inconspicuously as possible she walked around it, examining it from every angle and noting the name on it.

Ueru gave a low whistle. <Now that's a little piece of something special I haven't seen in a long time.>

<We can't leave this here.>

<I was afraid you'd say that.>

---

[16:44] <mistaya> !r fudge +4
[16:44] <Krysmbot> mistaya, -+-+ +4 = 4
[16:44] <mistaya> calling witness: this is LORE for checking out that box
[16:45] <RPZip> HEAR YE HEAR YE
[16:45] <RPZip> YOUR ROLL HAS BEEN WITNESSED

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro nodded at Maria. "Yes, let's not announce our entrance until we're... well ready to announce our entrance. And we don't want to damage Usagi-chan unless there's no other choice. I don't think there's anyplace else it can be now, we've gone over this place extensively."

She took a moment to stop by the drug-shack and call out to Anna: "We are going to... um, move along, Anna. If you're still alive in there, might be fun to come with us. Just keep the gun pointed at the bad ninjas, okay?"

<I don't know why you waste your time with Little Miss Lost Cause.> Ueru grumbled. <She doesn't want your help.>

<Perhaps not now.> Shiro sighed. <But when she does, I'll be waiting.>

<How noble.> He drawled.

<Not really... Just paying something forward.>

She returned to the gate and nodded to Maria again. "Let's do this."

mistaya fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jun 8, 2013

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro's eyes lit up with stars at the sight of the giant shuriken. "Arigato Ando-kun!" She snagged him in a hug, (the kind with the pink bubbles in the background,) and planted a quick smooch on his left cheek before ninja-leaping up the side of the VTOL.

She tugged a long silk hair ribbon free and laced it through a metal loop on the roof, standing tall and holding on tight. "AFTER ‘EM!” She yelled as the air whipped her ivory hair around.

---

Rapport to plant "That's a nosebleed, Ando!"

<mistaya> KRYSMBOT DO YOU APPROVE OF SMOOCHES?
<mistaya> !r fudge +2
<+Krysmbot> mistaya, /+-+ +2 = 3
<mistaya> he does!
<%Krysmphoenix> Apparently he does.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Shiro FP:3->2

As the incoming fire aims for the pilots, the ninja clinging to the roof of the VTOL steps forward. The plasti-glass window beneath her feet warps only a little at her weight.

<Shiro...> Ueru warns.

<It's ok. Master Yuki taught me, remember?>

"Ame o setsudan..."
Cutting the rain...

One hand still wrapped in the ribbon acting as her anchor, Shiro breathes in, and out, as the hail of lead passes by her, around her, through her, but never touches her. A single strand of white hair is cut away from above her cheek and is lost to the wind. To anyone watching, it's a blur of motion and metal so swift that it can only be seen as a series of afterimages.

Not one bullet touches the VTOL.

Blissfully unaware of the mustachioed menace below her, Shiro has her eyes set on the Shrine. "USAGI CHAN I'M COMING!" She yells at the top of her lungs. It's far too windy for words to make it that far but she doesn't really care. With one fond look at the sleek gunmetal (engraved with bright magenta lines that form some kind of pattern) Fuuma Shuriken she leans back, really far back, almost horizontally so, and then in a snap-whir of robotic joints she throws!

Like a hot pink UFO the bladed star launches into the air, lofting on the wind. The pink lines, now in spiral motion, show the image of a winking smiley face.

<That is... the most ridiculous thing I have EVER...>

Shiro watches, breathless as the shuriken glints in the sunlight right before THUNKing deep into the side of the nearest flight pod. Sparkles of magic and jet fuel leak out of the gaping gash.

"YES!" Shiro fistpumps.

And then it explodes.

<Did you know it did that?!> Ueru demands.

Shiro ignored him and responded to Maria's comm chatter. [Maria, you'll have to at least disable it so we can get rid of the driver. That shouldn't be too hard, trip it up somehow. I'll be over to help in just a second.]

----

Using my "Majokko" Fuuma shuriken. One shot, Weapon: 6, VS flight pod B:
Fate point on 'If You've Eaten Poison, Lick The Plate' to join the bomb squad. Everyone else is doing it!

VTOL Jedi Dodge:
<+Krysmbot> mistaya, ++-/ +5 = 6
<TurninTrix> why would flight pods need to roll defense, it's not like the shrine is rocking about yet
<Destrado> Boom.
<Kai_Tave> And you deflect ALL of them.
<mistaya> IM A JEDI PEW PEW

Shuriken Shot:
<CCable> so many applicants
<mistaya> !r fudge +5
<+Krysmbot> mistaya, -+-+ +5 = 5

mistaya fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 12, 2013

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

With a great shudder, the VTOL recovered from the Moon Rabbit's landing on top of it.

Right in front of Shiro. Who made a noise not unlike that of small children on Christmas morning.

"Kyaaa!"

Starry eyed for the second time in as many minutes, the Shinigami didn't waste an instant. She threw herself into a dashing slide under the mech's adorably too short front arms and popped up behind it. She leapt up, latching on like a purple-robed spider, to the big black panel Storms had so disdainfully pointed out not that long ago when they were all examining the specs.

The pilot stomped around, flailing helplessly while Shiro used her intense study of the plans to position herself in an unreachable spot while she pried the panel open, (to Ueru's utter disbelief at being used in such a base fashion.)

"Hold on Usagi-chan, I'll get rid of him, don't you worry!"

The wiring was in a word, shoddy. But that meant no redundancy or security. It was only a mechanical prototype after all, that stuff would have been added (hopefully) before it went to market. Which meant if she pushed THIS button here and unplugged THAT transistor there...

Red warning LED's started flashing all through the compartment. Shiro just grinned. All safeties overridden, the Moon Rabbit froze up. The cockpit locks popped and the glass shield dropped open... just in time for the emergency eject cylinders to fire up and launch the pilot into the air.

"Bye-bye!" Shiro waved. "Now it's just you and me, Usagi-chan!"

She definitely did not hug the mech because there was no one else around to see it.

Definitely not.

---

Shiro Commandeers a Bunny-Mech with Robotics, difficulty was stated at 6:
<mistaya> !r fudge +4
<Krysmbot> mistaya, +//+ +4 = 6
<mistaya> :smug:
<Kai_Tave> brobot high five.

Will be SUITING UP next turn unless something happens to prevent it.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The inside of the Moon Rabbit was cramped even without the seat, and it smelled like snake man. Eugh. Shiro left the cockpit open. A few seconds of tinkering and she had it back online at least. A few more minutes and she could have it purring like a...

The Magical Nuke Wand went off just a little ways across the sky, causing her to pause in her work and stare at what was left of the shrine while it teetered in the air. Storms laid down another volley of fire on what was left of the last engine, while Juliana, Maria and Anna all clung to the edge of the remaining structure.

"Shimata..."

Shiro knelt on the metal plate that used to hold the pilot seat and closed the hatch, setting her hands on the stick. She knew how to pilot the mech in theory... But a dry run of her skills jumping between two bodies in motion after she'd already ripped half the guts out of the thing with nothing but cold dark ocean under her was reckless to the point of stupid. Unlike Juliana, Shiro had all the weight of a cyborg body along with that pesky need to breathe. If she missed...

Ueru sensed her hesitation. <Don't wuss out now, hero.>

Setting her teeth, she shoved the controls forward, and Usagi-chan leapt into action. It lofted into the air like a graceful porpoise, coming down hard, barely on the side of the shrine with the others.

"Everybody grab on!" Shiro yelled through the speaker. The bunny leaned over and snatched Maria's Bike up in those short yet vice-like front 'paws'. The 'ears' came forward, revealing rail-gun-style barrels and focusing on the final flight pod.

"Woooooo!" Shiro smacked the very satisfying Large Red Button on the dash and a rainbow of light and sound rocketed forward in wavy Technicolor.

Making sure that everyone had latched on securely, Shiro aimed the Rabbit back at the VTOL.

One more time, Kami-sama!

She hammered on the jump controls and they were flying...

---

Rocket jumping over to pick up the kids from daycare and blow up that last pod.
Attacking with Robotics:
<Krysmbot> mistaya, +--+ +4 = 4
<TurninTrix> *waits for mistya to chop some stuff*

Rocket jumping back, although leaving it open in case Ettin wants complications.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

"Heyyyy wait for meee!" Shiro banged on the inside of the cockpit glass but apparently the thing was soundproof as well as stuck.

Yeah, Stuck, with a capital S. That last landing on the jump back had wrenched one of the sidebars just a little too far down for the door to open anymore and she didn't want to ask for help because Juliana ripping the door off it's hinges would make it all so hard to repair... So she'd been frantically working at it since then.

<Oh just kick it already.> Ueru scolded.

Defeated and about to be left behind, Shiro leaned back and gave the bent pipe a solid kick. Okay, three solid kicks. It finally warped enough for the cockpit door to wiggle loose.

"You just stay right here, I'll be back in a little while." She gave the mech-bunny a friendly pat.

A few flash-steps later she was next to everyone else, as if she'd been there all along. She barely had time to admire Ando's new mustache before the glow of the neon sign drew her attention.

"Behind Anime Lines... Hmm..."

<Oh! Shiro, you think the new Demon Cutter Himiko-Hime is out yet?>

<Not till next week.> She shook her head. <Ora!Ora! Dumpling-Fighters! new OVA should be out though. I'll check.>

Blissfully unaware of the protests and excuses given by the rest of the group, she shoved the door open and walked in.

mistaya fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jun 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

From the video section where sadly, Dumpling-Fighters was entirely sold out, Shiro wandered back to the front of the store and noticed the small crowd gathering around...

"Oh... My..."

<Holy poo poo it's you!>

Shiro flicked past the first two pages before setting the book reverently back on it's shelf and dashing off after Juliana. You can't read book 12 first! You'll spoil everything! It didn't matter if she knew exactly how it would read for her parts it looked like this thing, this crazy, wonderful, amazing thing covered all of them- and did she ever want to curl up and read the set!

Juliana did not appear to be enjoying her first book. Shiro avoided the meltdown in progress and snatched up volume 1. And there, she found a compressed and edited version of her life.

"...Yuki." The old man's wizened face was stylized but her master was still her master, no matter the medium. She wanted very badly to skip the next few pages, but she couldn't. The Monster was not drawn as anything more than a huge shadow, one that dragged her screaming into the darkness and spat her out in pieces... There were flames in the background while she swore her revenge.

And then she noticed something very interesting indeed. Accompanying all of the text boxes for Ueru's words was a small circle featuring a young man's face.

<Ueru, is that really what you looked like?>

<Maybe when I was twenty!> The sword-spirit laughed. But the next few pages, where Shiro worked through her physical therapy, he found he was drawn as a protector spirit, watching over Shiro's shoulder, always close enough to touch.

<Wait a second, how come they keep uh, drawing us like...>

Shiro burst out a laugh and covered her face with her sleeve. <Kami-sama in heaven I think they've shipped us.>

• Locked thread