Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES
Anna Asagiri 1 FP

Anna had only arrived two minutes late. That was a personal best for Fridays, since Thursday was her recovery day. Recovery from being sober, upright and professional. Professionalism was the only thing keeping her a cut above the other two-bit private dicks, her flotsam in a sea of malt liquor. Her head would go under now and again; she fought it less and less. The urge to drown was an eight hundred pound gorilla on her chest; her left inside breast pocket to be on the nose. Right where her heart would be.

She'd need to keep her head up today; Hakurei expected better. They had to: they were small, desperate and hungry. A good place to be and a good place to work for. Their generous, no questions asked payment plan was gravy. Meant it was tax free more often than not; Anna wouldn't live long enough to take advantage of tax benefits anyway.

She checked her face in the rearview mirror: ratty, slept on hair, bloodshot eyes, bags like a tanuki. Perfect. Her mouth was a gin sugar sewer, so she gargled with uncut Everclear and spat on the sidewalk. She double checked the essentials, let her fingers linger on the handle of her golden Yagami SuperS, and got out of the car; her too warm jacket wrapped around a too cold body.

quote:

Anna Asagiri

High Concept: Magical Girl Private Eye
Trouble: Little Miss Loose Cannon
Other Aspects: SEIGI NO MIKATA~, Vice Gripped, Black Cat Strut, The Zone, Work Time Fun

Stunts:
Quick Eye
Pin Them Down

Powers:
Sponsored Magic [Dreamlands]
Supernatural Recovery {Catch: Not wearing the Black Cat's Eye}

Phys: OO
Mind: OOOO
Soc: OO
Refresh: 1
FP: 1

Inventory
Black Cat's Eye
Golden .50 Yagami SuperS
Flask
Winter Coat
Attitude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 1 FP

Anna gave Maria a half wave and lit up a cigarette as she walked towards the group. The sunlight burned her eyes; she left her rear end in a top hat aviators in the apartment. The two adults she didn't know looked at her like poo poo; she gave them the same look back. Wasn't hard, in her condition.

"Yeah, I'm a magical girl. Transform and everything." she gave Juliana a dirty look, exhaling so cigarette smoke poured from her mouth. "Best deal with it if you don't want to 'transform' into a cripple."

Her hard look turned into one of confusion at Storms' empathy. "Do I know you?"

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 1 FP

"Not really, no." Anna was way too sober for this poo poo, "But thanks? I owe you a drink or something." She'd always wondered why some nights it felt her insides were trying to claw their way out. She assumed it was the puking, but the Eye was a good second guess. She'd have to investigate Pinkie; if she managed to set up a tail without Anna knowing, she could have done all sorts of things.

She cracked something that could generously be caused a smile at Juliana, her hands up in mock surrender. "Hey, if the B'rrbi Doll wants to eat a Brilliant Blossom Bullet, that's on her. I won't do it here because I'm a professional."

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 1 FP

Anna mumbled something unkind towards Juliana as the Hakurei rep walked up.

She turned to the rep and smiled, pretty and plastic like the rest of this city. "The pleasure is ours," Anna said to her, voice an octave higher and with less of a whiskey rumble. Her look didn't match her voice, but for a moment you could almost see her as a regular magical girl.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A.

Anna took a long drag from her cigarette. "You're not going to give us the long version until we're knee deep in it." She took a swig from her flask, lit up another cigarette and tried to ignore the splitting headache.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 1 FP

She glared at Storms; not only was this tacticool army washout looking gently caress talking down to her, he was insulting the two things she treasured more than booze and bullets. Anna had more failings than she cared to count, but her mind and her family were not among them. Not even the machine-gun blitz of coke, pills and alcohol had taken that. If anything, they kept her sharper, kept the inky black of her past from mucking things up. And her parents had done more than most would ever do, certainly more than this rear end in a top hat.

She drew his head down so she could blow smoke in his face. "Listen fucko, I've been cracking cases like this since before I had boobs," she growled, "so you best keep the snide comments to yourself." She jabbed at his eyes with the lit cig, standing on his feet so she could reach. "I may owe you my life but I don't have to pay a dead man poo poo, capiche?"

With an extra grind of the heel, she stepped off the Goony army goon and went over the surveillance data again. Either it or Anna's vision was too lovely to make out anything useful. The sky was too bright; she couldn't handle brightness on any background other than washed-out black. She wasn't going to get anything else without pounding the pavement or pounding some drinks. The blond bitch was running her mouth like she knew what she was talking about and Shiro was calling the robot -chan.

She rubbed her pounding temples and snuck a pull from her flask when nobody was looking. This was why she worked alone.

MadRhetoric fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Apr 20, 2013

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 1 FP

Anna wanted a better look at the crime scene and she didn't want to work with the blond bitch, so the choice was obvious. She killed her cigarette, let out a mournful puff, and grumbled "Going to Hakurei".

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A.

Being out in the sun made Anna's skin itch; it was delicate and prone to burning even before she stopped going outside during the day. The oppressive Miami heat just made her more irritable. She entertained going with the other group, just so she'd have a better chance of shooting someone. If it just happened to be the blond bitch...it wouldn't have been professional. Anna was a professional

"Hey Maria," Anna said, the last ashes of her cig dirtying her coat as she spoke. "I'm guessing she's too big to ride bitch." She pointed at Shiro and smirked.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 1 FP

As the dregs of her latest cigarette burned her lips, Anna decided to quit smoking. At this point, her lungs had to be as black as her hair. She'd gone through a pack and it wasn't even happy hour. She had lit three up during the briefing, popping the unfiltered menthols in her mouth like gum. Driving Shiro to the Hakurei labs took her through the rest of the pack. If she kept smoking, she wouldn't have to talk; if that didn't work, hopefully the mint julep miasma would keep Shiro from talking to her. Not that she had anything against the gynoid, she just didn't want to talk.

She'd get Shiro to hate her too, somehow, just like the blond bitch. Anna didn't think she could "accidentally" shut her up as easily, nor was she in good enough shape for a straight-up fight. So she kept mum and kept smoking until they got there.

They pulled up half a block away from the compound; last time Anna parked in the facility Hikomaro tried to vaporize it. Said it was trash. She shot at him, he shot back. The smell of frying pork still makes her stomach turn. She lit up another cigarette, Singaporean clove from a red-headed witch. Tasted like poo poo, but it kept her focused. She needed to be focused; it was time to get her private dick on.

She silently cased the joint with her eyes, an aura of gently caress-off around her.

Investigation time, sped up with Quick Eye. 4dF+5 = 5. Welp.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 1 FP

"We need to detain you and ask a few questions" is Anna's favorite phrase, next to "Drinks on me" and "The check cleared." She smiled, jagged but warm; a rottweiler showing affection.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 1 FP

What kind of ninja left their keys at a crime scene? Any ninja pulled that in Neo-Tokyo, they'd get their guts pulled out their throats. These must be cheap imitations; plastic toy ninjas to match the scenery. Which means that the inside man ran the show.

She cracked her knuckles. "Didn't need your permission, but thanks."

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 1 FP

Well that was impressively bullshit for an AI. Why would anyone make a servant who would lie to them, a servant you couldn't smack around at that. It must've developed that feature on its own.

"Hey Hiko," she lit yet another cigarette, "when you get updates, you feel anything? Do they put VIs under for this sort of thing?"

She bit back a curse and the urge to pose; of course the Stay Puft Marshmallow Motherfucker would recognize her. "Yep," she said to Dennis, with more rumble than she would have liked, "Anna Asagiri, MGPI at your service."

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 1 FP

Anna flipped open her phone and shot back a quick message. <Good. No witnesses.> She sneaked a swig of Dutch courage and finished her message. <Have weird bike hold up VI. Need quality time with PoI>

She took the offered donut; it was stale, but it was solid. She gummed it until she was absolutely sure Maria was long gone, then took a seat on the edge of Dennis' desk. "Hey Denny-kun," she said, as close to pure and innocent as she could get. "Do you wanna be an ally of justice?" She looked at him with eager eyes, hoping he wouldn't notice how bloodshot they were.

Can I use Magical Girl as whatever relevant social-fu stat (Deceit or Presence) here?

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

It seems funnier to have Anna miss the chance to kill some ninjas. Actually, I'm going to self-compel the "act like a magical girl" part of In My Zone specifically not to go kill ninjas this scene.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A FP 2/1

Either Anna had switched her whiskey with antifreeze again or she was desperate, as she found herself slipping into magical girl mode all too easily. She let her legs swing, knock-kneed off of Danny's desk. She even giggled.

"Danny-kun, some very bad ninjas broke into here, but they couldn't have done it alone. Some bad organization had to have masterminded it. An ally of justice would help a magical girl punish badness no matter where it hid." She looked up at him with watering eyes; the effect was easy when you were screaming on the inside. "You are an ally of justice, aren't you Danny-onii-chan?"

She threw up in her mouth a little, swallowed it back down. Anna Asagiri wouldn't let something as minor as dignity stop her from following a lead.

Magical Girl Manipulation~ 4dF+5=4. Welp.

MadRhetoric fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 25, 2013

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Ooh, ooh, pick the third one!

Anna A. 2/1 FP

Everclear. No mixer. A bullet in the head as a chaser. "I'd love some green tea, Danny-onii-chan." If she kept saying that, she was going to throw up all over Danny's desk.

She sat and smiled, the effort becoming painful. "Do you run this all alone with Hiko-jii? That seems like a whole lot of work!"

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A 2/1 FP

Anna's eyes go watery, she wasn't sure how much more of this she could take. "A party? And I wasn't invited? What kind of meanie would do such a thing?" She dry heaved. "You're so nice, Danny-onii" Bile rose in her throat "...Danny-kun, we should get those guys to throw us a party!"

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

(OOC: I swear to God if those donuts are roofied...can you even put roofies in donuts?)

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 2/1 FP

As soon as Dennis left the room, Anna found the nearest bin and threw up in it. She took long pulls of her flask in between heaves, threw some of it back up, then took more pulls. The episode over, she gargled a final mouthful, swallowed and wiped her mouth.

The madness passed, she began to case the room, checking to see if there was anything out of place. She wanted to smack Dennis around on principle, but she wasn't sure if she had it in her to be around him any longer. She felt dirty in a way the filth she lived in never made her.

She flipped open her phone. <Tried good cop. Got nothing. Trying bad cop.> She grimaced, grinding her teeth. Now there was sacrifice involved. <Get 911 on speed dial.>

"Yo Hiko? If you're still here, you might wanna stop recording for the next..." she lit a cigarette with shaking fingers. "Five minutes or so. Yeah. Five minutes."

If there aren't any clues, I'll probably start making them with Declarations based off of Investigation

MadRhetoric fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Apr 27, 2013

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 2/1 FP

With a mumbled "Evidence", Anna pocketed the keycard and stuffed Dennis' laptop in her coat. It fit easily, sliding between dimensions as it did. The hyperspace dope pocket could probably hold everything in this room. She'd gotten drunker than usual one night and dove inside the pocket herself. She didn't like remembering what happened afterwards; the laughter still haunted her in her sleep.

She sat down in front of what looked like a security terminal and began to poke around. She didn't care about getting caught; Hiko was too busy reformatting after seeing Anna's 'cute' side and Danny was going to have more...pressing concerns.

Systems check to noodle around the computer. 4dF+1=3.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Is this jRPG one of those anime ones that links to an alternate world or makes you die in seven days? Because if not, I'd like to get to the part where Anna shoots Dennis for every time she had to say "Danny-onii-chan" please and thank you.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Would this be a good time to self-compel Little Miss Loose Cannon?

Anna A. 2/1 FP

She waved Dennis off politely. "I'm fine, thanks, Danny-o," she bit her lower lip and stifled a scream, "Danny...onii...chan." She couldn't keep the rumble out anymore; her pitch wavered and rattled like it was being remixed. She took the tea, drank it slowly and took a deep, cleansing breath.

And then she punched Dennis in the stomach so hard his feet left the ground.

"Alright, gently caress this." She pulled out her SuperS and pistol whipped him to the floor. "I've been civil since you respect my work, but you've just been jerking me around." She put a knee to his chest and pistol whipped him again. "That's not very ally of justice of you, Danny-kun." She let off a round in the air, then put the smoking hot barrel to his cheek, burning him. It smelled like pork ramen. "This is what happens to anyone who isn't an ally of justice."

She pistol whipped him until his face was hamburger, then grabbed him by the hair and put the gun to his forehead. "Start talking or I shoot you for every time I had to say 'Danny-onii-chan'."

Going to use a Guns maneuver to make the aspect Gunpoint Diplomacy. 4dF+4=4
[welp intensifies]

MadRhetoric fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Apr 28, 2013

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 2/1 FP

Anna's eyebrow quirked up. "A suitcase full of money? Did you check to see if the suitcase had actual money in it?" She shook her head, that could wait. There was work to do and stress to release. She rarely got to mix business with pleasure, since she drank like it was a career.

"You seem like a smart guy, Danny," she ejected a round for effect, "so let me show you how stupid you sound right now."

She stomped on his fingers and ground her heel until she heard something snap. "I was forced to do that, Danny-onii-chan!" Her voice came out a coarse mockery of it's former cuteness. She twirled on his hand and shot him in the shoulder. "Oops, I didn't mean to hurt anybody!"

She sat on his chest, pulled out and lit a cigarette with the still warm barrel. The sweet sting filled her lungs and she grinned from ear to ear. It had to be illegal to have this much fun. "Now tell me exactly what you did and how they got in, or I will shoot you five more times." She took another drag, let the gun hang loosely in her other hand. "Oh wait, six. I said Danny-onii-chan six times. And that makes seven." Anna chuckled darkly. "Yeah, I'll make the loving Big Dipper on your fat rear end."

If the Guns roll was worse, then I would've tagged gently caress This! but I'll take it. Going to use Empathy to see if Dennis is full of poo poo.

4dF+2=3.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 2/1 FP.

Sold them out for money. Figures. Hakurei wasn't the highest paying of places. "They don't pay me enough for this either. Give me the suitcase and I won't cut some bacon off your back."

The Moon Rabbit isn't a dinosaur robot, right?

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A.. 2/1 FP

Anna frisked him for the card, then gave him a patronizingly playful slap on the face. "Thank you for your cooperation." She smirked and blew smoke in his face, chuckling as he coughed on it. He was going to think twice before loving around with ninjas. Or magical girls.

"Oh Danny-kun?" she said scratchy sweet, before shooting him in the gut, "That's what you get for not being an ally of justice.". She left him bleeding and crying in the computer room, whistling an old toku tune as she went.

She finished the phrase and sighed. "Punk bitch."

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 3/1 FP

Anna wasn't even going to let the hint of freaky poo poo get her down. She had worked over a perp, made a lot of money and was on the hunt again. You could call it a natural high if she weren't drunk out of her mind. She kicked back and listened bemusedly to Samantha's intel.

"Two questions," she held up two fingers, "One: you know gun-fu? Two: you didn't see any tentacles on that thing, did you?" She stared confusedly at her fingers, "Uh, three: can you teach me gun-fu?"

Totally taking that compel

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 3/1 FP

Once the booze and the adrenaline wore off, Anna was back to her sullen self. She'd let herself get carried away again. Sure,the fat gently caress deserved it, but she'd been excessive by her own standards. When she called 911, she'd said some real sick gently caress had worked Dennis over; that wasn't far from the truth. She liked hurting people, and she didn't like how easily that side came out. It wasn't very ally of justice. The donuts were good, though; she should've beaten the shop name out of Dennis.

The gun-fu helped take her mind off of things; it was all angles, like PI work. Angles and lines and bullets. Straight, narrow, crooked. It made perfect sense.

At Samantha's, she took tea with whiskey and a liberal amount of cookies. She was playing magical girl for the kids when Samantha opened up the gun rack.

The cookie she was eating fell out of her mouth. "Oh poo poo yes."

I'm going to do what Maria did, but better. 4dF+4=5. One Woman Armory

MadRhetoric fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Apr 30, 2013

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 3/1 FP

"Alright," Anna lightly pushed away a kid going for the shiny SuperS in her shoulder holster, "this is going to sound extra dumb since I'm Japanese and all, but what the gently caress is seizonjutsu?"

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 3/1 FP. Advances: Gun-Fu Tricks, One Woman Armory

Anna wordlessly stuffed the biggest, meanest, most efficient killing tools left in the gun/spice rack into her coat. After thinking about it, she stuffed a few more cookies in there too. An opportunity like this didn't come around often; she fancied herself a minor gun connoisseur and got to sample all too rarely.

"Miss Anna, how come you smell like bloody noses?" one of the little ones said, the one she had to keep away from her SuperS.

She gave the kid an awkward smile.  "When you get to be a magical girl like me, you give a lot of people bloody noses."  She was suddenly dying for a smoke.  "And I'm not a 'miss'."

"Okay Miss Anna," the kid said, "why do you need all those guns?"

"I gotta punish some bad guys, but sparkles and friendship ain't cutting it anymore." Anna stared off into the distance.  "Probably never did."  She frowned.  "Stop calling me 'miss'."

"Kay Miss Anna."

She chuckled and missed the kid's hair.  He'd stink of cigarettes for a few days.  "Now you're just loving with me."

MadRhetoric fucked around with this message at 21:31 on May 1, 2013

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 3/1 FP

Anna spent the VTOL ride getting in the spirit of Cuba by drinking cheap rum out of Coke bottles and smuggling coke in her pockets. QT had snagged some from her house; little bastard always knew what vice to provide. She gave Storms and Juliana sly sideways looks between pulls; it didn't take an ace detective to figure out what was going on there. Before they disembarked, she drunkenly fell onto Storms.

"It's metal all the way down." she whispered in his ear, close enough he could get a contact buzz. Before he could say anything, she shoved off him and surveyed the area. The ninjas were setting up, but the welcoming party hadn't come to greet them.

She pulled an assault rifle from her coat, a Testerossa A's, one of ExoCute's Shoujo Selects. "So unless someone has a better idea, I'm gonna do a lot of coke and start shooting things." She prepped the weapon, nodding to the hiss of pressurized gas and the satisfying click of a full magazine. "That cool?"

Maria blew a massive gently caress off hole in one of the sniper towers. Anna shrugged. "Guess so.". She casually surveyed the area for any tactically useful positions. Stronghold or no, these were still Miami ninjas. There had to be corners cut somewhere. As she scanned, she scooped out a key's worth of coke and discreetly snorted it; one bump for each nostril.

That post totally wasn't there while I was writing this :v: Gonna try to place the aspect Skeleton Crew or something via Investigation. 4dF+5=4. I need to stop using Orokos for this.

MadRhetoric fucked around with this message at 04:25 on May 2, 2013

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

(OOC: How come Ando isn't MO for Moriyuki?)

Anna A. 4/1 FP
Tags: Magical Girl Flambe
Free Advantages: Gun-Fu Tricks, One Woman Armory

Anna was digging into her coat for her music player when the rocket hit. She'd been hit in the face with heavy ordinance before; or at least things that hit like heavy ordinance, so she recognized splash damage when she felt it. It was nothing major, a scratch really. Or it would have been, if she weren't sweating pure grain alcohol at the time. The edge of the blast caught her, her sweat caught fire, and she went up like a surly underage Christmas tree.

The heat of her flaming hands made her gun glow red. "Huh." She shrugged, casually walking from the burning shed to the rocket ninja. Once she was near point-blank, she unloaded on him. Cocaine was a hell of a drug.

vs. rockets
17:36 MadRhetoric Rolling MG as Athletics
17:37 MadRhetoric !r fudge+5
17:37 MadRhetoric there we go
17:37 MadRhetoric !r 4df+5
17:37 foxxbot MadRhetoric, /+//+5 = 6

Compel Black Cat Strut to make that into Magical Girl Flambe. Anna is now on fire and has 4 FP.

17:58 MadRhetoric Gunz: the Duel
17:58 MadRhetoric !r 4df+4
17:58 foxxbot MadRhetoric, +-/-+4 = 3
17:59 MadRhetoric well gently caress you too, foxxbot

That's 6 stress thanks to assault rifle level ordinance being Weapon:3. Taking the tag on Rain of Fire for +2. Popping the freebie on Gun-Fu Tricks for another +2 and throwing that all at the Rocket Ninja. Spray attacks are for wizards. :v:

MadRhetoric fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 3, 2013

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 4/1 FP
Mild Phys Consequence: Bloody Nose
Moderate Phys Consequence: Extra Crispy
Advantages: Gun-Fu Tricks, One Woman Armory
Other Tags: Magical Girl Flambe

---

Well Anna was still on fire and still shooting ninjas. They were getting harder to hit: it was either the coke making her jittery, the dead emboldening the living or the skin sloughing off her face making it hard to see. Either way, it was pissing her off. One of them slugged her dead in the nose; she sprayed lead like a fire hose in retaliation.

---

Defense vs. Ninja: 4dF+5=5.
Mook ninjas are rolling better than us. Welp. Tagging Magical Girl Flambe to get a +2. Tank the last two: 2 stress from one, 3 from the other; taking a Mild and a Moderate Consequence of Bloody Nose and Extra Crispy. poo poo hurts when you have 2 Phys boxes.

Shooting Ninjas: 4dF+4=3. Let's tag both of Ando's to make that a 7. Pick a mook ninja at random.

MadRhetoric fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 6, 2013

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 3/1 FP

Seeing the last ninja practice fire safety and smelling her own charred flesh finally got Anna to do something about being on fire. She reached into her coat and pulled out a bottle of clear liquid. Tasting it to make sure it wasn't vodka, Everclear, or liquid cocaine first, she poured it over her head. It doused the fire there, but the damage had already been done; her face was porcelain sent through hell. It didn't matter. The fact that most of her was still burning didn't matter. The sounds of carnage and violence didn't matter. All that mattered was killing ninjas.

The split ends on her hair were still smoldering as she shot down the last ninja.

shooting ninjas: 4dF+4=4. Yeah, sure, whatever. :v: Pop a Fate Point I'm sweating, woo to invoke In My Zone for +2

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 3/1 FP

The last ninja down and the red haze lifting, Anna started to really notice she was on fire. It was troubling, to say the least. She solved this, like she solved many problems, by smoking. She lit another lovely Singaporean clove off her burning jacket; Storms dousing her in flame retardant put it out.

Underneath the cloudy mass, the Black Cat's Eye did its fell work. The blood of fallen ninjas refreshed Anna to her battered, but youthful state. She stepped out of the cloud, coughing and hacking, but healthy. For her.

"Put out my cig," Anna grumbled, as she fished in her pack for a dry one.

Consequences clear thanks to Supernatural Recovery. Flambe falls off, too.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 3/1 FP

Anna sat back and tried to light a cigarette on herself again; if the others wanted to play detective so bad, she'd let them. More time for her to do cocaine and practice brooding. She went to inhale and frowned when the sting of clove didn't greet her. Then it hit her, she wasn't on fire anymore. She looked around, hoping nobody saw her, then pulled out a lighter and lit up properly.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 3/1 FP

The cigarette in Anna's mouth went slack at the miko limbering up. It'd make sense for there to be practitioners of shugendo still around meditating under waterfalls and punching bears, but the miko looked like the most strenuous thing she fought was dust. Until she started moving. There was an economy there you only saw in prizefighters and shitkickers; a predator's grace, the quiet purr of a well-oiled machine. The wrecked dummies in the training yard only accented things.

She'd definitely be more fun that shooting ninjas.

Anna took the miko's measure, but moreso looked for opportunities to exploit. An uneven patch of ground, an easy chokepoint, some good loose sand to throw into the eyes. Know the terrain and you will win ten thousand battles. She'd lost count of which number she was on long ago.

"Was getting bored anyway." Anna stepped forth, limbering up as well. She flicked her nose and threw a few shadowboxing jabs, "Alright toots, let's dance."

(OOC: Just because Anna could walk around on fire doesn't mean she couldn't use a stress soaker. Only got two Phys stress boxes. :v:)

Rolling Investigation to place or find useful tactical aspects about the grounds. 4dF+5=7

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 3/1 FP

Anna grimaced at the movie monster snake towering over them. If you don't fight the miko, you fight the youkai. This was spooky poo poo 101. At least you could befriend the miko by beating their rear end; they got off on "worthy challenges". They were useful. Snakes were just a pain, unless you had a rat problem and a cat allergy.

Anna sighed. "Welp." She took the gun (she was not calling it the Tsunderbuss) and looked it over. "This thing is completely untested isn't it? If it kills me, totally haunting your rear end."

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 4/1 FP

Ettin posted:

Mikoyama

"No, the cocaine's all handled in the dojo by the Second Gate." Mikoyama smiles. "It's cool though."

Anna's head turned like a dog smelling steak. "I just heard the magic word." She rushed over to Mikoyama and clasped her shoulders, eyes sparkling. Coke always brought out the kid in her.

"As a nominal law enforcement agent, I'm going to need you to take me to this dojo. It is very, very important that you do so."

self-compelling Vice Gripped to look and act like a stupid junkie in front of Reimu '98

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 4/1 FP

Anna was bouncing on her toes at the thought of all that coke; a Miami distributor, even a small time one, had enough of the stuff to make Tony Montana feel small in the pants. She could swim in the stuff and probably not OD, a perk of being magical girl and drug addict both. So focused was she on her bounty of white gold, she didn't even flinch at the excessive explosion. She didn't even look.

She was too cool to look.

"Whaddya mean shoot up at the dojo?" she said to Maria, "I'm going to snort at the dojo. Rub my gums at the dojo. Maybe do some debased poo poo at that dojo." Maria repeated herself. "Oh, shoot up the dojo. Yeah, I'm down. Gonna be a splatterhouse. Just keep your eyes on the prize." She tapped her nose and nodded knowingly.

Answer is fate points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

Anna A. 4/1 FP

"You know what crooked cops, prodigies and teen celebrities have in common? An early grave and a drug problem. Guess which of those three I am." She sniffed, "And I still have my powers, there's just nothing they can do that my SuperS can't with less effort and less embarrassment." She thought back to interrogating Dennis and shuddered.

• Locked thread