Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
I've spun through RAM twice now. The first time it felt like I had my eyebrows perpetually cocked because things continually came out of left field, but once I managed to listen on decent headphones it blew me away.

I loving love how "Touch," despite its supposedly hopeful ending, drops into Paul Williams pining for something more... then the album hops right into "Get Lucky." Not only is the six-minute "Get Lucky" everything I had hoped for, it fits perfectly thematically, especially when considering Pharrell's Collaborators video (in which he says "Get Lucky" is about two people connecting, one step beyond the "Touch" Paul Williams experiences).

"Giorgio by Moroder" is fantastic. I noticed his interview's thesis is pretty freaking prevalent throughout the rest of the album. When the music drops all but the "click" when he mentions it, that was a sly little joke, but if I'm not incorrect that click is the backbone of "Doin' It Right" among many, many other little references.

The album was a bit more melancholy than I was expecting, but then again I had no idea what to expect.

I cannot wait to spend money on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

Even better news: "Get Lucky" has spiked up into the Top 5 on Billboard's Hot 100 this week, jumping from 10 to 4.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/1565048/macklemore-ryan-lewis-still-atop-hot-100-zach-sobiech-debuts

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

This is simultaneously really depressing and something we should have seen from miles away with the way this album's promotion went.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

Wario In Real Life posted:

What's the contingency plan if they win an award? Do they wear the suits throughout the whole show?

If they DON'T stand up on the stage silently in the robot costumes, completely silent, until they get played off, I'm going to be disappointed.

That, or the victory speech is typed out on the screens of their helmets.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

Stevie's lost a few steps in the last few years. I saw him at Global Festival last year and the wear was finally starting to show. You can tell he's struggling at the beginning of his "Another Star" segue.

At the same time it was goddamn Stevie Wonder and goddamn Daft Punk with Pharrell and goddamn Nile Rodgers so even if you can't consider it a "good" performance please at least realize how rad it was for that to be a thing in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

Yeah, it's just a PR stunt for Jay-Z's new lossless streaming service. Which, of course, will flop, because lossless + streaming do not go together well. Can't wait for people to go over their data caps after four hours of listening.

• Locked thread