Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
What'd they fill the encore with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

squarerandom posted:

:negative: why didn't I buy the vinyl instead of the CD oof

it's not too late! I got the vinyl mostly for the full sized artwork.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Spacebump posted:

When did they form? I can't believe I never heard of them when I lived in NOLA. I think I may have to give to their kickstarter.

exactly what I was thinking.

edit: listening to these covers makes me miss NOLA so much. Everyone in this thread that hasn't been there should consider going one day.

Earl's been doing music for a while as The Madd Wikkid http://maddwikkid.com. If you're looking to get these they're available from Juno right now. Vinyl is slated to drop at some point this summer on Trax Records.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

What was the point of the whole Wee Waa thing if Daft Punk themselves weren't actually there? I thought that's why it was such a big deal a month or two ago when it was announced, because it was going to be Thomas and Guy-Man premiering the album in this tiny rural town in Australia. But that wasn't the case at all, it was just people listening to the album. So in what way was it different from any other listening party across the world?

If they hadn't made it available for streaming on iTunes the point would have been to give non industry types the first chance to listen to the album. I honestly thought the streaming rumor was just that because it wouldn't make sense to hype up the Wee Waa listening party if it was going to be available for anyone with an internet connection.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Skeezy posted:

Holy poo poo what, aren't they usually good with release day arrival?

Release day in the States is tomorrow. They've gotten better at figuring out when things will actually get there, for me at least. I got shipping notice on Saturday, but it didn't actually get picked up from KY until today and it's expected to be delivered tomorrow.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Intel&Sebastian posted:

:lol: Jesus Christ that's him on "Take my breath away" too. By this weekend I'm going to find out everything I heard from age 0 to 8 was a Giorgio Moroder track.

OR produced by Nile Rodgers.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Intel&Sebastian posted:

And relatively young. Both Giorgio and Rodgers have always been in that rarified "touched EVERYTHING" league where I knew they were all over the place and I knew a few big songs but I'm just now realizing exactly where else they intersected with me.

Looking at how the tracks split for sides of the vinyl makes the tracklist seem less weird too.

I had that realization when watching the Rodgers collaborators video. I was aware of some of the stuff, but looking at his production credits and seeing how it ran along with what I liked even as a child it all made sense.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
If they wanted to do something like this they should have hired Tom Moulton to do a REAL disco 12" mix.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Datasmurf posted:

I sat down with a cold beer and watched it on blu-ray last night. It was just as awesome as I thought it would be. I love "Interstella 5555".

I still haven't picked up the bluray because I heard it was just an upscaled version of the dvd.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
His playlist isn't as cool as I thought it would be. I'd love to see what he'd do on an Another Late Night compilation.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Doctor Claw posted:

My ticket to the Brooklyn show was $42. I would have easily paid $120 to go, especially now knowing how historic it was. I don't care what they do next, I'll be there. Also, if you pause the HFBS live video at 2:32 you can see the back of my brother and I's heads :)

After everything was tallied up I think I ended up spending about $1000 for the trip to Keyspan park, that included tickets for me and a few I ended up giving to broke friends that lived in NY, hotel for a few nights, the party at Studio B, and a flight from New Orleans to JFK on jetblue.

I'd spend twice as much next time.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
$275. Thank god I looked at the price before I hit ORDER.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
Anyone getting the action figures? I forgot that I ordered them months ago until Amazon sent me a notice telling me to update my CC info if I want them to ship.

They aren't as nice as the Real Action Heroes figures that have come out in the past, but no way am I dropping $500+ for a set of those. This was priced right at my sweet, "why not" point.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I hope they win for every category they're nominated in. That was awkward.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
It's on now.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
That would have made for a super Close Encounters-esque show.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Pretty sure the tour shirt I got for Alive2007 was about that much. I offer this info for no other reason than to rub it the gently caress in on all yall.

I think you're right, I remember the shirts being like 35 at the show.

edit: I can't seem to check out the section for State/Province doesn't have a box for me to enter my data.

edit 2: Not sure what was wrong with the site but I got checked out when I tried it a little later.

mints fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Mar 26, 2014

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

CaptainYesterday posted:

I hope you have more money, because the Daft Punk store just added more shirts, a poster, and a belt buckle.

While I wanted the split helmet shirt, none of the new merch is OMG gotta have it for me. Maybe the poster...

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I got my t-shirt order in today, looks like it was supposed to have gotten here last week but I had a temp hold on my mail. These are really nice, not sure if I'd put the value at 40, but it doesn't feel like a crappy screen print. It feels like this whole thing is designed for hoarders, the shirts come in a black bag with reflective silver Daft Punk logo and a pyramid tag with the logo on one side/hologram of authenticity on the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
Looks like it's just a nice box of vinyl. I would love to have the photos from the Alive 2007 case in a 12" format though. May have to get this for myself.

• Locked thread