Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Popcorn posted:

Tron, though, really was completely boring. I object to the (self-)mythologising of Daft Punk as shining beacons of daring and originality or whatever. Obviously I haven't heard this album yet and I'm not making any judgements about it, but on paper recreating 70s disco without actually sampling and manipulating it (ala Discovery) seems a more regressive than progressive philosophy. Very, very interested to hear how it works, and just how absent the electronica actually is.

It's a movie soundtrack not an album. Two completely different things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

So something strange and amazing happens when you pitch shift Get Lucky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkCn-iWLiSE

This is god drat amazing and makes me really sad Daft Punk and MJ never worked together.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

God drat that is loving magic.

• Locked thread