Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Human After All was the opposite of a safe album, you gotta be high to think it was the obvious choice.

Photex posted:

holy poo poo..what the gently caress is that video?

The last time Daft Punk will risk alienating their audience with high concept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

JSnake posted:

So either someone has a perfect Pharrell impersonation, came up with lyrics that perfectly go along with the song and added new song elements on top of that or... this is a radio edit leak of Get Lucky. http://pmd.sonic1029.com/audio/downloads/rick_lee/daftpunk_getlucky.mp3

Seems real enough, if a little half baked. Is it just me or is Pharell mixed really terrible during the verse? Maybe he's just not a good singer, but the chorus sounds nice.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Popcorn posted:

It's a fun, cool track, but yes the verses are surprisingly badly mixed, and the whole thing doesn't really go anywhere...

I swear to god I said this verbatim about "robot rock" 8 years ago.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

I used to open sets on 80s night by fading "raining blood" into this track, big thanks to daft punk for introducing me to it.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

If it isn't real then the fakers have synthesized a pharell, which is a much more impressive achievement than faking a daft punk song.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

The pharell synth robot is clearly singing "We've come too far, to give up who we are". He was not programmed for originality.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

tentril posted:

Let's raise the bar and our cups to the stars.

This is correct. Pharell is a known consumer of liquids in cups and surely PharellBot is no different.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Hahaha holy poo poo, well that makes a lot more sense :doh:

I can't wait for the official lyrics to come out.

No, it's cups. Pharell a drinker, taydoe off molly water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Gatts posted:

Something about youth being the prime time vs adulthood being death, getting into the parent's stash and don't do drugs or something?

It's about how media images regulate the body. At least "prime time of your life" is, the rest of the album goes a lot of places.

I don't know how you got drugs from that, did you miss the self mutilation, the overweight girl looking at images of her 'perfect' family, the obvious extreme of weight loss being to remove your flesh? It's a cool track.

the black husserl fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Apr 18, 2013

• Locked thread