Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Black Panther is part of the Universal land anyway so it couldn't happen right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Trade the Black Panther rights to Disney for the rights to build Radiator Springs Racers but instead its Fast and Furious

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

BlueBayou posted:

Trade the Black Panther rights to Disney for the rights to build Radiator Springs Racers but instead its Fast and Furious

I'm here for the backyard BBQ restaurant where the only drink they have is corona

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

couldcareless posted:

I'm here for the backyard BBQ restaurant where the only drink they have is corona

And tuna sandwiches.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I would like all of Dino-Rama bulldozed for a properly themed area and E-ticket attraction. It is a blight on what is otherwise Orlando's most immersive and well-themed theme park.

I don’t know how feasible it would be to give Dinosaurs In The Wild a permanent home, but the attraction deserves a permanent home and something like this instead of the current Dinoland would be astounding.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Turn it into nausicaa

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Speaking of putting The Lion King out to pasture, the sketches of Simba, Ariel, Nemo etc on Art of Animation are being removed. Newer characters?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Craptacular! posted:

Speaking of putting The Lion King out to pasture, the sketches of Simba, Ariel, Nemo etc on Art of Animation are being removed. Newer characters?

ACTUAL POP CENTURY?!

E Actual answer is probably refurbing those pictures

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 19, 2021

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Virgin Galactic snapped up Joe Rohde lol

https://www.virgingalactic.com/articles/virgin-galactic-announces-legendary-former-disney-imagineer-joe-rohde-as-experience-architect/

Space about to have a dope experience

Tim Whatley fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Feb 22, 2021

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Rohde said he made fake Pandora now he wants the real thing

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

A Magic Kingdom universe has been greenlit at Disney+ featuring stories from parks characters

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/live-feed/magic-kingdom-tv-universe-in-the-works-at-disney-exclusive

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I can't wait for the episode where Trader Sam teams up with Peter Pan and Belle to fight Zurg.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Zero One posted:

I can't wait for the episode where Trader Sam teams up with Peter Pan and Belle to fight Zurg.

Just before Brer Rabbit gets knocked in the briar patch by a Tron cycle.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Well, I get my second shot on the 17th and we board a plane for WDW on the 19th. I'm gonna be wrecked.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005

couldcareless posted:

Well, I get my second shot on the 17th and we board a plane for WDW on the 19th. I'm gonna be wrecked.

I was wrecked the next day but fine the following day.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Silly Burrito posted:

Just before Brer Rabbit gets knocked in the briar patch by a Tron cycle.

That would be a cheaper Splash Mountain retheme. It's too bad Daft Punk broke up because I would love to hear their version of "Brer Rabbit's Mom Sings Laughing Place Sad."

couldcareless posted:

I got some bad news for you: you're still only about half immune at that point: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/expect/after.html

Rick fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Feb 25, 2021

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Rick posted:

That would be a cheaper Splash Mountain retheme. It's too bad Daft Punk broke up because I would love to hear their version of "Brer Rabbit's Mom Sings Laughing Place Sad."

I got some bad news for you: you're still only about half immune at that point: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/expect/after.html

Never implied I was fully immune, but thanks for the lesson I already knew.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Rick posted:

More recent data says otherwise:
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/0...tracold-storage

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Cheetah Hunt is a great coaster. Tigris made me feel old. Sheikra reminded me how many concussions I’ve had.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Glad you had fun :)

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Empress Brosephine posted:

Glad you had fun :)

It was great. Thanks for the recs. All day dining wasn’t worth it but yolo

“Roller coasters try too hard these days” - my friend while riding Sheikra

BlueBayou fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 26, 2021

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

BlueBayou posted:

It was great. Thanks for the recs. All day dining wasn’t worth it but yolo

“Roller coasters try too hard these days” - my friend while riding Sheikra

"These days"? Isn't Sheikra the second dive coaster ever built?

e: Turns out it's actually the third, there was another in Taiwan that I never heard of before.

Asehujiko fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Feb 26, 2021

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What did you think of cobras Curse

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Empress Brosephine posted:

What did you think of cobras Curse

Well now I feel bad that we didn't ride that one. By the time we got over there, I was feeling very ill from all the other coasters and decided that "coaster that also spins you a lot" was probably not the best idea.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

yall, what do they do with pro-first order guests in batuu. like if they offer to hook you up with a resistance position and you just go wide-eyed and "for the empire" at them or some poo poo?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
This is a question I never pondered and now I desperately want an answer for. I can ask my sister who was a CM at Batuu for a bit

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

couldcareless posted:

This is a question I never pondered and now I desperately want an answer for. I can ask my sister who was a CM at Batuu for a bit

Please. Because if I decide to do this irl posting gimmick, I'm going full force. "Thin White Line, I Support Our Stormtroopers" level.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
They probably just direct you to the merchandise shop that sells FO stuff.

But really, changing the bad guy designs from the vague Soviet stereotypes of the Empire to the intergalactic biker gang that is the FO has probably cut down on that somewhat.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When I worked phones for Disney and sold the starvwars tour , you'd ask them if they support the rebels or the imperials and then depending on what they said you'd roleplay along and be like "watch out for rebel scum along the way". So I would guess they have some kind of plan in place if even we did

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

When we were there in January, there weren't that many cast members walking around that would say anything to you, but on Rise of the Resistance, our FO cast member putting us on the ride played along. We had a wide age range in our group, with the youngest being 5. So we were chatting with the CM and I told her the little one was the oldest and she was like "Oh, like this weird little being I heard about" obviously referencing Baby Yoda. I told the CM we had to take care of her. I was wearing some storm troper/vader Mickey ears and she was like "Whose side are you on then?" I just told her I was keeping my options open and waiting for the best offer.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Please. Because if I decide to do this irl posting gimmick, I'm going full force. "Thin White Line, I Support Our Stormtroopers" level.

"act very appalled" is the response I got. She really isn't the type to elaborate so might have to settle for that. Please do this and record for us, thanks.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

couldcareless posted:

"act very appalled" is the response I got. She really isn't the type to elaborate so might have to settle for that. Please do this and record for us, thanks.

make covid go away and I'll be there with bells on. Y'all got no idea (and this ain't e/n) but gently caress's sakes I need a disney IV

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

make covid go away and I'll be there with bells on. Y'all got no idea (and this ain't e/n) but gently caress's sakes I need a disney IV

Well, J&J just got approved, so things are moving along at a fairly brisk pace in that regard.

Also, are you note eligible yet where you are? Hoping the best for you Fluffy, I know you mentioned health issues that make you more vulnerable. We will all be back at the parks eventually

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Today makes a year since our last day at the parks and I'm about 4 miles due west of AK. Really sucks. We're both in the queue for the vaccine but that could be 6 months given Florida's handling of things and literally distributing it to richer zip codes first at DeSantis' order.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

couldcareless posted:

Well, J&J just got approved, so things are moving along at a fairly brisk pace in that regard.

Also, are you note eligible yet where you are? Hoping the best for you Fluffy, I know you mentioned health issues that make you more vulnerable. We will all be back at the parks eventually

My promise to myself is if I'm immunized and ready to go, I'm still coming down for the 50th even if I have to mask up for it. Health stuff? I'll have a cool service dog with me, so you can take a guess how that's going.

I'm in Georgia, so I'm pretty boned. We're still in 1A. I might be able to get into 1B but I'm likely 1C. I just want my jab so, so bad. I don't know why we aren't moving at all. I never see anyone in line for vaccines locally, but maybe I'm missing them.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Honestly, for here in Louisiana, I just kept shaking every vaccine tree I could. Luckily one of my school clients put me on their faculty list. My wife is gonna try and snipe one from Mississippi next week...

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Don't worry about kissing cobras Curse, you either love it or hate it. I don't care for it myself

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Make the right choice for you and your family but Disney World feels like an island of safety in the sea of insanity that is the rest of the country.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

We booked our trip for next January. It’s our first trip with the whole family going at the same time, so we’re pretty excited. My wife is on the list to get vaccinated in March. If I don’t have mine by next year there are bigger problems going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
If you know any healthcare professionals, ask them about the vaccine. Sometimes at the end of the day they have extra doses that they have to use ASAP (literally ASAP) or they get tossed. Nothing wrong with trying to get one.