Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Apparently Disney updated its mask guidelines, to where now you must wear you mask at all times, except when actively eating or drinking (so, even when seated at a table). Can't wait to see the videos of the Karens and Kens freaking out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'd probably be willing to go to a restaurant if there was like, a two compartment mask. One where I could leave my nose covered, hold my breath while I eat, then zip the mouth part back or something.

I'm very happy disney is going to make people mad :3:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Omne posted:

Apparently Disney updated its mask guidelines, to where now you must wear you mask at all times, except when actively eating or drinking (so, even when seated at a table). Can't wait to see the videos of the Karens and Kens freaking out.

Honestly, Disney had the best mask compliance that I've seen since this whole thing started last year. YMMV due to where you live of course. But I bet you won't get too much sass back when it means that they will throw your butt out, you'll lose your money and maybe be banned for who knows how long?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
A coworker of mine is at the parks today, says they are packed full of CPAC attendees. Just "Don't Tread On Me" and "Gun Rights" shirts as far as the eye can see.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Ah, that explains the large uptick in white trash that I've seen.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

couldcareless posted:

A coworker of mine is at the parks today, says they are packed full of CPAC attendees. Just "Don't Tread On Me" and "Gun Rights" shirts as far as the eye can see.

but how many are getting thrown out for ripping off their masks

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Ah, that explains the large uptick in white trash that I've seen.

Trump is expected to announce his candidacy for 2024.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I went to the Springs in between work stuff. Mask compliance was good, but there was nothing about the new rules. Plenty of people unmasked randomly. Lots of people. But I guess that’s expected for a weekend.
No CPAC sightings. Maybe they are all at the parks

Damnnn Gideon’s cookies are good.

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog
I know this is the DW thread, but I'm a DL local and there's buzz that if an AP program ever comes back it will be with no payment plans. Somehow that's supposed to keep numbers down, but wouldn't folks just charge it to a credit card and pay it off there instead? Is this old news I'm hearing?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

VorpalBunny posted:

I know this is the DW thread, but I'm a DL local and there's buzz that if an AP program ever comes back it will be with no payment plans. Somehow that's supposed to keep numbers down, but wouldn't folks just charge it to a credit card and pay it off there instead? Is this old news I'm hearing?

It's not that old, the Register just did a story on it last week, but it was based on the survey sent out a few weeks ago. No one really knows. I tend to think you're right. If anything the people that eliminating the monthly plans will curtail will be the people they want to sign up, the people who show up for one day and instead get a payment plan on a whim and then never go back, having to pay full price is a much bigger whim to ignore. The people who are motivated to go are the ones who are going to do what you said. I mean that's how everyone I knew who had a pass did it before they went to payment plans. A lot of the suggested plans in the survey apparently did not include parking on the entry level plans, which I think would probably do more to throttle things.

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1366493640495882241?s=20

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

There's a TikTok going around on the subject of "what do you know that should be illegal" and it's a guy saying that you can put in a pickup order at the Contemporary for as little as $1.99, park there for free, and walk over to MK.

SA tends to be a reliable source of info so I was wondering how legit this might be. Apparently some CMs are saying it's legit but we don't talk about it, and others are saying Disney cops will gently caress you up if you try this.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Hazo posted:

There's a TikTok going around on the subject of "what do you know that should be illegal" and it's a guy saying that you can put in a pickup order at the Contemporary for as little as $1.99, park there for free, and walk over to MK.

SA tends to be a reliable source of info so I was wondering how legit this might be. Apparently some CMs are saying it's legit but we don't talk about it, and others are saying Disney cops will gently caress you up if you try this.

I don't see why that wouldn't be true. You can definitely make a mobile order at a resort and park there. You do have to actually make the order though, and you'll have to show the guard at the gatehouse that you have one before they'll let you in. The real question here is "What costs 1.99 at Disney?"

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
There has always been a limit on parking time if you are not staying at a resort. I have no idea how or when it is enforced but if it got bad enough I guess they could tow your car.

Back when I was young my parents would never park in the MK lot. They would always lie to the security guard at the Poly and we would park there and take the monorail to the park. We were OG parking criminals.

An effect of this action is that all my early memories of Disney World start at the Polynesian so it became my favorite resort and remains my favorite today.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
You can also walk from Grand Floridian now too. I did the walk once from MK to the TTC a few months ago and it's definitely not a short walk. Only do it if you really want to see the sights, as it won't save you any time at all.

Also once the security guard lets you in, that's it, they won't like monitor where you go after that or flag your car or anything. However I can see Disney putting a stop to this eventually by like requiring a minimum order of $10 or something.

darkspider42
Oct 7, 2004

Best Buy security. You'll have to come with me sir.

Zero One posted:

There has always been a limit on parking time if you are not staying at a resort. I have no idea how or when it is enforced but if it got bad enough I guess they could tow your car.

Back when I was young my parents would never park in the MK lot. They would always lie to the security guard at the Poly and we would park there and take the monorail to the park. We were OG parking criminals.

An effect of this action is that all my early memories of Disney World start at the Polynesian so it became my favorite resort and remains my favorite today.

Back before the construction on the MK parking lot, you used to be able to drive in from the back, employee area, and then hit the round about that conveniently skipped over the parking booths. I'm pretty sure I've saved thousands of dollars over the years. Now the turn around is beyond the booths so you that trick is done.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Braksgirl posted:

I don't see why that wouldn't be true. You can definitely make a mobile order at a resort and park there. You do have to actually make the order though, and you'll have to show the guard at the gatehouse that you have one before they'll let you in. The real question here is "What costs 1.99 at Disney?"

:v:

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

You can also walk from Grand Floridian now too. I did the walk once from MK to the TTC a few months ago and it's definitely not a short walk. Only do it if you really want to see the sights, as it won't save you any time at all.

Also once the security guard lets you in, that's it, they won't like monitor where you go after that or flag your car or anything. However I can see Disney putting a stop to this eventually by like requiring a minimum order of $10 or something.

Yeah that's the concern. The guy in the video kept saying stuff like "please don't make this popular because Disney will absolutely catch on and shut it off." We're going at the end of the month so maybe we'll try it :shrug:

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
"sir, I don't know where else you expect me to get my pickle in a pouch fix. If you have a better idea I'm all ears"

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

When I go to the parks I pack no less than two jars of kosher dills.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

darkspider42 posted:

Back before the construction on the MK parking lot, you used to be able to drive in from the back, employee area, and then hit the round about that conveniently skipped over the parking booths. I'm pretty sure I've saved thousands of dollars over the years. Now the turn around is beyond the booths so you that trick is done.

Oh yeah I've used that too. I've always had an AP with parking so it wasn't about the money but it was slightly faster if you were coming from the North.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Could the same trick work for resorts connected to the Skyliner?

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Hazo posted:

Variations of that track have been around for 40+ years. I think I've heard of people claiming to do something like this from before I was actually born, relatives who did road trips to Disney in the '70s. They enforce it differently based on how crowded the parks and hotels are. You used to be able to show up and say to the person at the gate "Oh, we have reservations at whatever hotel restaurant" and they would let you through. I think like 3 or 4 years ago during really busy seasons and we were doing things legit (just had a restaurant reservation) I remember them actually asking to see our reservation before letting us in, and giving us some guff about needing to be gone so long after the start of the reservation.

Because Contemporary is walking distance, I think they care more, there. For other hotels that you need to hop on a bus or monorail for, I think it's less enforced because the price savings often aren't worth the time cost, so people don't do it as much.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Even just a few years ago they checked reservations against a paper list. You could say that you made a reservation same day and they would let you in. Now it's magic band scanners and digital lists (if you don't have a band).

A few years ago I parked at the GF by saying that we were going to rent boats at the marina. That was actually true but they had no way to check on that.

Here is another parking "hack": If you have a disabled tag the valet at resorts is free.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

couldcareless posted:

"sir, I don't know where else you expect me to get my pickle in a pouch fix. If you have a better idea I'm all ears"

then you scream "DOT. COM." and peel away cackling.

I might go ahead and give in and get my disabled tag if valet parking really is free at AKL.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Disney has definitely known about the various free parking hacks for years, and I think a small part of the reason they don't fully close them is they know how much people like getting one over on Disney.

Even if they didn't charge for parking, the Contemporary one would still be popular because of how far away Magic Kingdom parking is from the park. It's especially nice to pull off if you plan on leaving during park close at a busy time of the year, when the monorail and boat lines are really long.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Zero One posted:

Even just a few years ago they checked reservations against a paper list. You could say that you made a reservation same day and they would let you in. Now it's magic band scanners and digital lists (if you don't have a band).

A few years ago I parked at the GF by saying that we were going to rent boats at the marina. That was actually true but they had no way to check on that.

Here is another parking "hack": If you have a disabled tag the valet at resorts is free.

They don't check against a list. We just say we're going to the bar to meet some friends, they look at our ID, and let us through. We've also parked longer than the supposed two hour limit. The TikToker maybe thinks he's hacked free parking at Disney, but you don't even need to buy something to get in. I imagine the parking security guards would be more strict around July 4th/Christmas/New Years, but I don't think I've ever been denied parking at Poly/GF/Contemporary.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Omne posted:

They don't check against a list. We just say we're going to the bar to meet some friends, they look at our ID, and let us through. We've also parked longer than the supposed two hour limit. The TikToker maybe thinks he's hacked free parking at Disney, but you don't even need to buy something to get in. I imagine the parking security guards would be more strict around July 4th/Christmas/New Years, but I don't think I've ever been denied parking at Poly/GF/Contemporary.

That was true pre-Covid. We had a snafu with our Beaches & Cream reservation and they almost didn't let us into Beach Club (we weren't staying there) because the reservation didn't pull up in their system. The guard did eventually let us through but I could tell he was a little hesitant to do so. It didn't use to be that way. You could just say you were going to the gift shop or whatever and they'd just let you through.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Pre-Skyliner I was sneered at for going to Pop Century to hang out in the food court and show my dad how pretty the resort was. The guard absolutely did not believe that's why we were there.

I stopped and showed her lovely rear end the receipt for the food court on the way out because gently caress you.

E: She was a total jerk about it. "You can go to any food court on property. Why would anyone want to come HERE? Why are you REALLY coming here?"

Bitch I wanted to go to the Pop Century food court. Like I just told your rear end. That's why. It's been 3 years and I'm still tch-ing at her about it.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
Hell, I had a Narcoosee's reservation and the assholes at the Grand make me park in the Cast lot across the street.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Pre-Skyliner I was sneered at for going to Pop Century to hang out in the food court and show my dad how pretty the resort was. The guard absolutely did not believe that's why we were there.

I stopped and showed her lovely rear end the receipt for the food court on the way out because gently caress you.

E: She was a total jerk about it. "You can go to any food court on property. Why would anyone want to come HERE? Why are you REALLY coming here?"

Bitch I wanted to go to the Pop Century food court. Like I just told your rear end. That's why. It's been 3 years and I'm still tch-ing at her about it.

When I think of Pop Century food court, I think of dirty tables, kids running around, and drinking hot coffee out of my refillable resort mug.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Braksgirl posted:

That was true pre-Covid. We had a snafu with our Beaches & Cream reservation and they almost didn't let us into Beach Club (we weren't staying there) because the reservation didn't pull up in their system. The guard did eventually let us through but I could tell he was a little hesitant to do so. It didn't use to be that way. You could just say you were going to the gift shop or whatever and they'd just let you through.

It's been my experience that it's still the case; just did it this weekend. We live down the street from the rear entrance and are on property on a pretty regular basis

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

couldcareless posted:

When I think of Pop Century food court, I think of dirty tables, kids running around, and drinking hot coffee out of my refillable resort mug.

Hahaa same. I went there once. Fine place to stay. Cool outside (sports) but that foodcourt was not worth even chillin at.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

couldcareless posted:

A tear rolls down my cheek and a sun shines in my heart.

It's terrible but my dad wanted "simple food" and nothing is more simple than half a rotisserie chicken and some hosed up frozen green beans.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
In case anyone wants to know which hotel to never book in Orlando:

https://twitter.com/orlandosentinel/status/1366497899069194245?s=21

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hitler Orlando

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Has Disney mandated specific face masks as part of the uniforms for CMs yet? From videos I've watched it seems like they just have to be plain color.

I've been "Fastlaned" to be back at a Cedar Fair park if they get to open. I'm kinda wondering if they'll put forth the effort to make me wear their masks. I've also just been curious about that in general for all places where people work. Safeway and Costco has been a free-for-all with mask designs. Obviously I prefer it that way.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Fartington Butts posted:

Has Disney mandated specific face masks as part of the uniforms for CMs yet? From videos I've watched it seems like they just have to be plain color.

My wife works backstage but was given a set of facemasks and can only wear those. They're pretty colorful galaxy/star prints.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Thanks for the info. I also asked my ex-DLR CM sister about that and she said basically the same thing. "They're given masks that have like sparkly star stuff on them."

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Fartington Butts posted:

I've been "Fastlaned" to be back at a Cedar Fair park if they get to open. I'm kinda wondering if they'll put forth the effort to make me wear their masks. I've also just been curious about that in general for all places where people work. Safeway and Costco has been a free-for-all with mask designs. Obviously I prefer it that way.

I went to my local amusement park twice last year. I went the first week they were open and everything seemed fine. They enforced distancing in the lines, made people wear masks, they limited park capacity and used a reservation system.

I went back later in the season and it was a total poo poo show. They didn't care about reservations so I have no idea if they were enforcing any sort of capacity limit, people were walking around with no masks and the employees didn't say anything. People were on top of us while waiting in line for rides and I kept having to ask people to backup. We left after a couple hours because gently caress that.

So I have no idea what to expect from a non-Disney park.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grandpappy always said that they were so poor all they got was a pickle in a pouch to play with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Fartington Butts posted:

The supplied ones are blue with white stars and some faint Mickey patterns. Before those were ready, they issued some lighter blue solid masks that were super thick, which is great for protection but sucked considering it was July/August in Florida. Most areas are fine with cast wearing disposable single-use masks too, but aren't going to be responsible for supplying them.