Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Float. But will also accept regular Dole Whip. I'm not picky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den
Just the whip please.

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008
I'm happy with the whip, but I'll take a float, or even just a spear.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Whip = good
Float = more good
Rum = best

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Citrus Swirl = better

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Float lyfe best life.

The rum was okay with it, but I need more testing of dark vs light rum. I think rum is better with a 20 oz of Coke though.

I honestly really didn't like the Citrus Swirl - the texture was eh for me.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

It's a great big beautiful tomorrow

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

nimper posted:

Just the whip please.

What the hell is wrong with you people

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Just dispense the whip directly into my mouth, please.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
please do not chew the dole whip

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

The float is great, just too much sugar for me in one sitting. I get just the whip which doesn’t seem to spike my blood sugar too bad. Have to enjoy my Disney treats in moderation now.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Bombardier offered Disney deeply discounted replacement trains and they turned them down.

That was a fake story. As is the monorail closing.

Due to its place as part of the journey from the parking lot to Magic Kingdom they couldn't just close it. They would need more boats and busses and places to load and unload all the guests who use it.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Just got Goofy to JoJo pose with me. Was worried he wouldn't be allowed, like an angry Donald pose my niece wasn't allowed to do with my Donald once.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."

I never realized how much he resembles Norm MacDonald to me until now.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I much much MUCH prefer the Citrus Swirl

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
The float is the perfect combination of sour and sweet.

Just whip and/or rum is OK.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Citrus Swirl is the better of the two snack offerings, but I will say that if I am having Dole Whip, it can go either way. if I am having it plain, the best way is swirled with vanilla so you get that citrus swirl style but with pineapple. If you are doing a float, gotta go both pineapple or else why even bother. Also they now sell a Pineapple upside down cake with dole whip on top at Aloha Isle and fuckkkkkk its good.

topher2915
Jul 15, 2004
I am dragging my RV down there the third week of April and staying at a campground in Wilderness Lodge for the week. Anyone done the trip in an RV and have tips? Definitely a cheaper way to do it while still getting resort perks.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
I have always thought about camping there as a cheap way to stay at Disney. We used to do tons of RV travel all over the country, apparently mom couldn’t ever convince my dad to camp there. But I did the full Oregon Trail, so there’s that.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I will leave the camping to all y'all. That's a no thanks for me. I've stayed in the cabins at Ft. Wilderness and that's as close to camping as I'm going to get.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

topher2915 posted:

I am dragging my RV down there the third week of April and staying at a campground in Wilderness Lodge for the week. Anyone done the trip in an RV and have tips? Definitely a cheaper way to do it while still getting resort perks.

My parents had an RV when I was a kid, and we did the Disney World trip nearly every summer. You want a good loop. Bay Tree Lane is the best location. Palmetto Path and Whispiring Pine Way are pretty good. They are all close to the boat launch to Magic Kingdom, the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, the trading post, and the Trail's End restaurant. The campground is huge, and it can be a long walk to the front or the back of the campground, or you'll be waiting some time at the in-campground bus stops.

It's about 1.25 miles as the crow flies (probably add another half mile because the trails aren't direct) from those loops to the Transportation and Ticket Center if you're up for a walk, and the Wilderness Lodge is about halfway between the two. That's about the same distance from the back of the campground to the front, which is why getting a good loop can really improve the experience.

Walk around the campground, if you have time, just to see all the RVs there. You'll see some million dollar plus RVs that you don't see many other places.

If you're at Magic Kingdom late, and the boats back to the campground are really crowded, you can walk or take the monorail to the Contemporary, and take the boat back from there.

The Fort Wilderness Marina also has boat rentals available. If you're like me and do the parks in the morning and evening to avoid crowds, the boats can be fun to rent mid-day while you're waiting out the crowds. The beach there I remember being mostly grody and not super pleasant to hang out on, it is swampland.

Before River Country and Discovery Island closed, it was especially great to stay at the campground. It's too bad they're shut down now.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
This weekend my wife and I are doing some resort hopping to use up some extra DVC points we had left over and to celebrate our anniversary. We are staying one night each at Bay Lake Tower, Fort Wilderness Lodge and Polynesian. We're mainly going as a getaway, but we also aren't buying park tickets, so we'll be doing a lot of resort exploring and relaxing. Although it's just bad luck it's so cold that we can't really enjoy the pool.

Anyhow, and pro-tips on those three resorts? Things we really need to make sure we do?

The only thing I know for sure we're doing is eating at Ohana at some point.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Trader Sams of course. Some pools might be heated, id ask each front desk. The new lakeside bar at fort wilderness is also a great spot at night.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Bottom Liner posted:

Trader Sams of course. Some pools might be heated, id ask each front desk. The new lakeside bar at fort wilderness is also a great spot at night.

Seconding Geyser Point (the fort wilderness waterfront bar) and Trader Sam's.
Hit up Hoop Dee Doo if you want a fun dinner as well.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

All Disney pools are heated to 82 degrees, but that's still far too cold for me. We've swum in the pools in November and I nearly froze my butt off. The kids don't seem to be bothered by it, though.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
Nice! I've heard of Trader Sam's, but we will definitely have to hit that up. And I've been to Hoop-dee Doo once before, and that's arguably the best fried chicken I've ever had. I somehow forgot that was a Ft. Wilderness thing, so will add that to the to-do.

I never thought about heated pools. I guess living in Florida for 6 years now, I forgot that those are ever needed here.

Thanks for these so far!

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

topher2915 posted:

One of the few great memories I have of my childhood is the trip to Disney when we stayed in a camper at Wilderness Campground. Take advantage of all the on-site stuff; trails, boating, campfire s’mores and movies...

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams
Just checked into YC. Room is *nice*. Time to go wander over to Epcot and graze through the food booths and put these snack credits to work!

topher2915
Jul 15, 2004

Awesome, some good stuff in here. The loop is important, for sure, sucks they would not let us pick which actual site.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Might be going to the Pro Bowl next weekend for work, so I think I'll be sneaking over to Epcot on Saturday. Hell yes.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
My wife is excited because we’re arriving the day after the Super Bowl, and she’s convinced the MVP will be running around the parks that week. If it’s Tom Brady she will JUST DIE.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Lincoln posted:

My wife is excited because we’re arriving the day after the Super Bowl, and she’s convinced the MVP will be running around the parks that week. If it’s Tom Brady she will JUST DIE.

I mean if I were Tom Brady and I found myself with free time I would find any excuse to go to Disneyworld.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

nimper posted:

I mean if I were Tom Brady and I found myself with free time I would find any excuse to go to Disneyworld.

is there any food at disneyworld tom brady is allowed to eat

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It wasn't Brady last year. It was someone else, but damned if I can remember.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

It wasn't Brady last year. It was someone else, but damned if I can remember.

James White went last year

Love that guy

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

BlueBayou posted:

James White went last year

Love that guy

Yes that's right. I took one of my trainees to watch the parade processional because I am a patriots fan in secret.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I am incredibly amongst my people ITT

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
Just chiming in real quick to say Trader Sam's was probably my favorite bar experience ever. So awesome. And the Zombie is a great drink.

Tonight we are at Bay Lake Tower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Is Trader Sam's worth a visit even if I think liquor is the devil's drink/it all tastes like a hobo's armpit to me?