Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fish Biscuit
Dec 10, 2006

Ockhams Crowbar posted:

Does anyone have any recommendations on any of the in-park places that are really, really strikingly good? Good food, good atmosphere, something worth being a destination in the park instead of just a place to fill up?

This isn't in-park so much as in the Animal Kingdom Lodge hotel but Sanaa so far is my favorite dining experience and my husband and I have been pass holders for 2 years so we go quite a bit. It had large floor to ceiling windows that look out onto the Savannah so you can see giraffes and zebras and other animals while you eat. We went for lunch in January for my birthday so the weather was cooler and the animals were wandering about. Make sure to ask for a window table. The food was also wonderful African and Indian blend. I'd go back for the bread service alone.

I also highly recommend doing the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party. You get an unobstructed view of the fireworks show and a desert buffet to boot. At $25/adults $13/child a lot of people think it's too pricey for a sweets buffet but I think being able to relax and enjoy the fireworks comfortably instead of being packed into the street in front of the castle like sardines is worth it. Plus in usual Disney fashion the food was excellent. You absolutely need to make reservations for this though and they usually book up really quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU