Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Does disney sell like, after 4pm passes?

I was at a conference in orlando back in march and they gave us after 4pm passes for EPCOT. But I cant seem to find a way to buy them myself.

Im going to Orlando in 2 weeks and Id love to go to one of the parks, but I wont ever have a full day free. i was thinking of doing the scuba diving thing at EPCOT, which lets you into the park after the dive, which would be ideal, but I dont want to pay full price for my non-diving boyfriend.

I am, finally, going to make it to Harry Potter land as part of the convention we are going to. Im super excited, but I also feel like IoA doesnt have much more to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

That "locals" park thing is what I feel like they mean when they say "intimate". WDW is a great resort, but it doesn't have the familiar, snuggly feel that Disneyland does. And that picture, in my opinion, puts it in perspective as to why. Disneyland's fantasyland is literally my favorite part of either California park. It's more like a cozy little village than the wildly overblown circus I remember from WDW.

E: I still say the worst thing about Disneyland is the fairly low level food.

ooohhhh i dunno

I can think of one good restaurant in Disneyland

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
So how crazy are the nights of joy?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Ive heard Trader Sams at Disneyland has some of the old adventurers club stuff. confirm/deny?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
I went to firkin when I was in Orlando for minecon. Group rented it out for a big party. Awesome place.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
After new years is a quiet time to go, no? I know its a ways off but want to start saving now

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Malt posted:

I'm going in January and after looking into it decided to go the week after MLK day. That avoids all the major events and holidays of the month and is one of the quietest times of the year. Only downside is Disney does their major refurbs in the off season so it's likely something you would want to ride will be closed. It's the price you pay for not having to deal with the crowds.

When do they usually shut down rides? Im willing to deal with some crowds as long as the rides are open.

I was there about a year ago and Splash was down. I was so disappointed because Splash is just the best. I'd rather wait in line than not ride at all

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Am I the only person who likes Beverly?

It's just chinotto, which is a classic italian soda. I love the stuff. I'm mad I can't get it in the states without paying through my nose.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
mmaaannn I am so tempted to book for free dining. Just a question of my class schedule. Maybe I could squeeze a long weekend

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Braksgirl posted:

Disney really needs to get a handle on this meet and greet thing.

Yeah.. but how? Insanely popular characters are going to attract huge lines. So then what? Put them in a building so that you can secretly have 10 elsa and annas... but then you dont have them outside attracting people's eyes. But I guess the story time with Belle is inside

soooo do that for Frozen?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
I've been evac'd off splash. It was the worst. Stuck for 30 minutes near an animatronic shrew singing about how I was going to die. All while my cell didn't get any service so I couldn't telly wheelchair ridden mother why it was taking me so long to go on the ride when I went as a single rider

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
So I flew from Boston to San Francisco to see my parents for a few weeks and have decided to take a last minute trip down to Anaheim

Its about time I checked out Carsland

But man. Last minute hotel prices are less fun.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
$150 for a 1-day park hopper!?!?!

Im paying less than that for my hotel

Radiator Springs Racers better be loving amazing

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
I can buy tickets at DLR the night before right?

I get in Friday night and want to do downtown disney friday night. would be nice to get my ticket that night so I can go RIGHT TO THE PARK OMG THE NEXT DAY

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

courtney_beth posted:

Psssst. Single rider line will be your friend. However go early in the morning, as the ride does have the tendency to break down :(

sigh. Im going with friends. so no single rider amazingness :[

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
So what rides at Disneyland/DCA have single rider?

Splash
Soarin'
Radiator

is that all?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
AAAHHH I AM IN ANAHEIM

TRADER SAM'S TONIGHT

DCA ROPE DROP TOMORROW

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

ahem
I mean. yay disneyland. I havent been here in like 5 years.

Can i still get my haircut here or is that only in Paris and Magic Kingdom?

BlueBayou fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 31, 2014

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Rope drop at DCA and radiator is broken. What the gently caress

Edit. Single rider twice in like 20 mins. God bless the single rider line

Can i fast the dole whip line?

BlueBayou fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 1, 2014

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

PkerUNO posted:

Recently, Disneyland Paris has come under fire for producing rather lacklustre or counterproductive adverts - including ones whose message was basically "visit today before your children grow up and don't like it anymore".

Today, they released this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTIGw-2MZ8s

My first reaction was :psyduck: but on second viewing... it's actually quite sweet? Maybe? Surprised that there's no mention of Ratatouille though, it's opening in less than a month!

I dunno, how do the US parks usually advertise themselves?

aawww thats fantastic

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Whats the official response ticket sellers are supposed to give if guests complain about how high prices are?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
I would say that if prices were lower lines would be even longer.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
goddamnit disney, we dont want avatarland

we want STARWARS LAND

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Oh man.... I wish I could go. I hope there will be lots of video and pictures.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
the parks are empty right now, right? does that mean hotels are cheap?

soooo say i wanted to take a trip THIS MONTH, would it be cheap?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Lincoln posted:

All four parks in one day is very doable during the off-season.

All four!? You can totally do AK, HS and Epcot in one day, but I think you'd be hard pressed to do MK as well.

The last time I was there I did AK in the morning (rode Kili Safari, Everest 3 times in 45 mins thanks to the single rider line, and fast passed Dinosaur). HS in the afternoon (walked onto Star Tours and Rockin but had to FP Tower and ToyStory). And made it to EPCOT in time for dinner. Id have had more time if I had been willing to forgo Toy Story but I waited for the FP entrance at 4pm.

And that was being very selective about what I rode and having solid knowledge of FPs.

The most I waited in line was maybe 15 minutes when people abused the single rider line. And a few FP wait times.

I can't imagine trying to cram in MK as well. Even if you walked onto every single ride, it would just be exhausting to be running all over the place.

But maybe I need to go in the off season and challenge myself.

Been toying with the idea of a December trip for my birthday, but might go next month to take advantage of empty parks. ho hum, decisions.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Abu Dave posted:

All four parks in one day sounds batshit crazy, keep in mind my only knowledge about Disney World other than my one time at MGM Studios is "I think theres a Pirates of the Carribean ride".

That said, if I could do MK and EPCOT in a day that'd be cool.

You can probably get away with most of Epcot and MK in a single day.

It depends on what you are dying to see/ride and what you are willing to sacrifice.

For example, I find space mountain boring and will happily axe it if it means getting to do more. Similarly, Ive been on Soarin' once, and I am from California, so I never feel the need to ride it.

But if say you just want to do:
Magic Kingdom: Pirates, Splash, Big Thunder, Mansion, Space, Small World, and Buzz
EPCOT: Spaceship Earth, Mission Space, Test Track, Captain EO, Soarin', and a walk around the lagoon

You could probably get away with it, especially if you plan fast passes well.

Basically you could blitz through the rides and know that any extra time gets added to walking around the lagoon, or that time gets cut short if you decided you MUST go on Jungle Cruise or whatever.

Youd also likely have to nix any shows or parades/fireworks, except illuminations.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

demonR6 posted:

Nah, it's all good.. when it's a Dole Whip (with rum).

Please note, ingesting Dole Whip with rum and then riding the Orange version of Mission: Space is NOT recommended

It is a miracle I didn't hurl

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
They should turn it into star wars land and put Frozen stuff in the Hoth area instead of epcot

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Disney should buy the rights to the Avatar (Korra and Last Airbender) series and put water benders in Hoth... with Elsa and Anna

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Nah itll be Carsland

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Tunga posted:

gently caress the haters, I loved Carsland.

I wasnt trying to imply that's bad, I was just trying to make a guess.

Carsland is great and very popular, so why not recreate it in Orlando?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
They should move Carsland to Hollywood Studios and build Marvel-land in California Adventure

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

nimper posted:

They own the rights in Florida and Japan, otherwise it's fair game for Disney.

http://www.orlandoinformer.com/2014/disney-vs-universal-over-marvel/

This presumably means that Disney can build whatever Marvel-land they want in California.

Exactly. They can only keep Marvel out of the parks East of the Mississippi

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Man I am so bummed I didn't get that job with Disney Parks and Resorts I interviewed for in college.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I have the opportunity to go to DL for it's anniversary next year. Go or do not go? Because I bet it's going to be insane.

But I love DL and it feels so snug and homey.

I went for the 50th and it was great. Yeah there were a lot of people, but it was also a TON of fun. Plus free cupcakes, so that was awesome.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Ok so... the FP plus thing...

Its linked to your little wristband right? but what if you dont have one? or lose it?

You really cant just go get a fastpass from a ride when you feel like it? I had one day at Disneyland at the beginning of summer and thanks to being smart about FPs, I was able to do everything I wanted in both parks easily. And it was nice not to have to worry about being in specific places at specific times all day long.

Presumably people have already created guides for how to get the most out of the new system

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

inkmoth posted:

definitely should lead to less pointless sprinting around.

But if you arent sprinting around, how do you justify eating a crap ton of delicious disney food?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Y'all are really making me want to do a cruise. Do they do scuba excursions?

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Maybe we will get lucky and big hero six will be really popular. Then we can get like... Soarin over sanfranokyo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Hey, demon. Before i moved down you were happy to tell me about the days of sweltering murderous heat. You did not warn me about this bullshit. "Feels like 37"? gently caress you, Florida.

Yesterday at Disney was amazing to see all the tourists who rushed to buy the cheapest sweatshirt they could find if they hadn't brought jackets and gloves.

heh heh heh

This happens all the time in San Francisco. People think it will be warm and sunny because it is California. But San Francisco is pretty much always sweatshirt weather.