Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Time to play my favorite easywdw game: Count the smiles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Wait, there was a food and wine fest themed magic band? If they bring a variation of it back this year, I'll probably be grabbing one of those

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
The dining plan only ever seems worth it for me and my wife when we get it for free as a trip deal. Even then, it feels like an overwhelming amount of food (we usually stay at a budget resort and upgrade to the deluxe dining with the 1 table, 1 quick, 1 snack a day). The Starbucks getting added to the parks are definitely helping curb our underused snack credits since essentially everything on their drink menu is a snack credit and I like my daily coffee fix. The quick service meals always seem like way too much especially since I don't like soft drinks and opt for bottled water, which we always have plenty of already, and the desserts are usually undesirable or overkill on the stomach.
The sit downs are always a treat though.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Happitoo posted:

Most year's Disney runs a bunch of contests where at least some of them involve staying in the castle for a night. So you start by telling him that you're entering these contests, and if you win then you'll do anal in the castle. Then afterwards whenever someone at work, or a friend is like "we're going to Disney World" he can be all like "Ya? I hosed [tinytort] in the rear end in that castle!"

Once you get him excited about the possible idea of Castle sex, then just work to build on other exiting things Disney has to offer, and then slowly fade out the talk of Castle sex as he becomes more interested in other aspects of the parks, until it's eventually gone from the conversation entirely. Once that part is done you can be like "maybe we should just go to Disney World for our honeymoon" and he'll agree because he'll remember his original excitement regarding why he wanted to go to the parks (castle butt sex) but not the actual reason behind why he was excited.

If you actually do win and get to bone in the castle, that's an added bonus.

You joke, but my dream has always been to have sex in the castle suite. Some day...

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Don't underestimate some Disney people

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I appreciate the Swan and Dolphin because my aunt works for Starwood and can get me the hookup for cheap rooms. The breakfast buffet at Swan is pretty legit and has characters once a week. It's also a quick stroll to boardwalk and jellyrolls. I can't hate it

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Being in IT and a huge fan of Disney, I'd never want to do IT there. The job would be stressful and you'd pretty much always be on call. I can only imagine the hell that was the magic band, fp+, and MDE implementation was.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Change it to MGM. Mickey's Grand....Magicland?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Rumor has it the park themed Starbucks mugs are back. Can anyone at the parks confirm this?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Tim Whatley posted:

Booked my ADRs for my September trip. Managed to nab BOG lunch since you're just there for the atmosphere anyways. Loved it last year. I have an extra table credit but since I'm going at a dead time, I figure we'll just walk into something.

Bongo's, Spice Road Table, Yak & Yeti (my fav restaurant), Ohana, Sci-Fi, Beaches & Cream, Tusker House Dinner (loved the breakfast last year). Sooo excited.

Bongos is probably my favorite downtown Disney dining. I especially love the mojitos with the cane stick as garnish. I'm also a huge fan of Cuban food and sitting outdoors.
drat I wish I was there right now...

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Wife is making me choose between Hoop Dee Doo and Halloween Party for this year's trip. This is probably the hardest decision of 2015. (note: we have done both)

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

WhiteHowler posted:

Unless you're bringing little kids, Hoop Dee Doo looks pretty dumb.

Has anyone been to the Spirit of Aloha show? We thought about doing it this year, but I'd read that while the entertainment is decent, the food is inferior to Ohana.

There is nothing dumb about all you can eat ribs and all you can drink beer. And I never get tired of the bear puns.

I will echo the above, spirit of aloha show is pretty sick, especially the fire dancers. The food is pretty mediocre. Ohana on the other hand is top notch. Plus LapuLapus

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I like my strategy of go to Halloween party dressed as Flynn and Rapunzel, pouring down rain so she opts to buy and change into a tshirt after an hour, ask her if she wants to go stand on the bridge to watch the fireworks but instead sees some good ground seating in front of the castle. I had to awkwardly take the ring out while we are sitting watching the fireworks come to the big end and while still sitting ask my soaking wet wife to be wearing an oversized day glow orange Halloween party tshirt to marry me.

I wouldn't have had it any other way to be honest. The best part was our trip the year after, we did catch the fireworks at a good spot on the bridge and the guy behind us proposed. If it bad waited an extra year, I would have been so pissed.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I don't mind fp+ because there's less of me sprinting across the park at open to get a Toy Story fastpass. I also enjoy planning things out way in advance rather than just showing up and seeing what happens with crowds.

The only downside I've seen is the typical less popular rides are now a lot longer wait (see pirates and haunted mansion) but in exchange, you get shorter waits at bigger rides.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Free dining plan offer during food and wine fest is the bees knees. Almost all the small plate offerings are marked as snack credits which means you can use your useless snack credits on $9 4oz filets at Canada booth and lobster rolls. Makes getting the full value really easy.

Also, braksgirl, I did that exact thing. Married and loving the discounts.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I need one of those so bad.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I would like to buy a Mickey or a Donald one, preference for the Donald, if anyone is selling.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Wanna give a huge thanks to demonR6 for waiting in line and snagging me a magic band. Top notch goon for sure.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Magic bands is the answer to why haven't we gotten _____ as of right now. As a big fan of ease of use through technology, I can't fault them. They dropped a ton of money to overhaul a somewhat dated system for entry and fast pass handling and rolled everything into a single convenient package.
It's a stepping stone for the future and for that I can appreciate it.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I quite enjoy epcot for what it is. Rides be damned, walking around with a drink in hand seeing different performers at each country is one of my favorite things to do. I think some of what I like about it would be lost if they try and squeeze in some out of place attractions.

Hollywood studios needs the attention. They have, what, 5 total rides (not counting shows here) and tons of unused space with lots of potential. Lights motor action is on its way out, backlot tour (which I loved) shuttered, American Idol is done, big useless building that was formerly the Prince Caspian/Jack Sparrow thing is collecting dust. It's easy to forget how empty HS is becoming because it's hard to see past the rockin roller-coaster, tower of terror, and toy Story. I think I could easily spend more time at AK than HS these days.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I always preferred easywdw crowd calendars. It might be mostly due to how much I love his cynical posting on the site.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
It's in!

Once again, props to demonR6 for being the best goon and putting up with insanity to grab me this. I look forward to using it during our October trip

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Trip officially booked for 10/25-10/31. Food and wine with MNSSHP in one trip, can't beat it.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
We got Memory Maker for our honeymoon. Entirely worth it at least once, but you have to be willing to grab all the pictures you can. Sometimes the CMs will do cool stuff like make you pose a certain way then they insert Stitch or something else into the photo which is a cool feature you don't get if you just have them use your camera

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I am pretty sure I was like "gently caress its gonna rain and I dont have any gear" and thats why I was looking down. I could have used the "burning building baby saver" story yesterday to counteract the woman who threatened to go to the media about something that happened while I was on the load belt. Yay Omnimovers!

Basically I love the Mansion, but goddamn 13 hour days in the Mansion aren't exactly magical.

If you think you would be in the clear to recount them, I'd love to hear stories about crazy people, especially entitled ones in motor scooters.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I like to think secret Disney police found those responsible and made them disappear.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Have Jarvis use the short range readers on the magic band to welcome people by name and compliment them on their most recent purchase or activity or "hurry up, your fast pass for test track is expiring soon"

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I'm pretty sure some people will break out the pitchforks if school bread is removed

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
What epcot lacks in rides, it makes up for in drinking, shopping, and immersion.
Part of the reason toy Story waits are outrageous are because their fastpass allotment is through the roof and the ride has awful throughput.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Disney quest has seen better days. I remember going a decade ago and loving every minute. We went last year and it was just depressing. They don't even do the genie intro in the elevator anymore.

I don't know why they didn't just update and retheme it with Wreck-It Ralph.

I never got a chance to do the animation studio at magic of animation. I always loved seeing the artists at work there and the concept pieces from whatever was the current movie, though. Damnit Disney.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I enjoy DTD. Lots of shopping, earl of sandwich is probably the best value to quality on grounds, that new Boathouse place looks dope, the new Indiana Jones themed bar also looks dope, bongos has great drinks. I could almost spend a whole day there.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
That's great news Delayed Reaction!
Be sure to let us know where you end up so we can give secret goon handshakes and something something stairs in your house while in line.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
But without all those magic bands, how could you get in on the next cool fashion accessory?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I prefer the bridge that connects the hub to Adventureland personally.

It would have been my proposal spot too if we didn't get a lucky spot in front of the castle.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
If their haste in these additions is on par with Avatar Land, this might take awhile...

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Still holding out hope for a Wreck It Ralph themed revival of DisneyQuest :(

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Boxman posted:

On the subject of datechat: can someone vouch for the accuracy of the calendars at Your First Visit? Things seem well reasoned, but as with all things, I'd love the input of the goon hivemind.

I personally swear by easywdw.com crowd calendars.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
We are just under 60 days (I think 57 right now). FPs are booked and after hammering the Ohana reservation page for a few weeks, finally got our last ADR.
Gotta get to work on my Halloween costume and play the horrible waiting game now.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
OHana is rough, but if you keep trying your reservation any free chance you get, something will come up. We needed one for 2 for our end of October trip and it took a few weeks of me checking the reservation site every chance I could at work to finally grab one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
45 day mark for our trip. Waiting is painful