Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Chilly McFreeze posted:

Nobody eats hot dogs anyway, the Bratwurst is the only acceptable stadium food.

It was a Jeopardy answer once that Miller Park is the only MLB stadium where "hot dog" is not the #1 selling concession item (it's bratwurst)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

The T is pretty useless for PNC Park. The schedule and capacity sucks. You should definitely park downtown if you aren't tailgating but just walk over the Clemente Bridge.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

The Primanti sandwiches at the ballpark aren't quite as monstrous at the ones in the restaurant, though

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Red posted:

Doesn't Tropicana have a Devil Ray tank? Or is that in foul territory?

There's a net over it

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

ALFbrot posted:

Trick question! There is nothing cool about MMP.

It was cool when the centerfield hill allowed a guy who ran onto the field to escape security

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Scruffy the janitor posted:

Also, since we have plenty of write-ups, but no pictures yet:

I always thought those luxury boxes in center field were dumb as hell, how can you see anything from there? Although I guess no one in luxury boxes watches the game anyway.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Joe Don Baker posted:

The Pirates have one too. I would imagine the majority of teams do.

Yeah, MLB has people with those hologram stickers at I think almost every game now. It's quite a mix of the interesting and mundane.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Boxman posted:

EDIT: okay I'm looking at the list of MLB mascots, and is the Rays mascot seriously DJ kitty? Where on earth did that come from?

Someone put a toddler-sized Rays jersey on their real life cat, had him play with the DJ Hero turntable, and put it on Youtube

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Detroit crew: is Comerica a safe/easy walk from the hotels on Michigan Ave? Looks like, on Google Maps.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

There's a Hofbrau Haus in Pittsburgh and it owns, it's two rivers away from PNC Park but you can just have a couple liters of beer and decide to watch the game on one of their TVs anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Sax Man's #1 jam is the Addams family theme punctuated with "Don't be cheap!"

• Locked thread