Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

It was being discussed in the N/V thread that it's a good idea to have another general stadium chat thread. If you're a regular to your local stadium, post a guide here. Be as specific as you want, just make sure to mention some details on things such as planning a trip to the ballpark, parking, tailgating, concessions, seat location, etc. Or on the other side of the coin, come here to ask questions and get advice about the same topics listed above! I will list all of the stadiums in MLB below, and as the thread goes on I will link to posts about each particular stadium. Don't be shy about doing a write-up on a stadium that has already been done, as everyone has different experiences and opinions, and it's good to know as much info as you can!

Link to the first Ballpark thread.

Advice on planning a stadium-seeing road trip

AL Central
Target Field, home of the Minnesota Twins
Comerica Park, home of the Detroit Tigers
US Cellular Field, home of the Chicago White Sox | 2 | 3
Progressive Field, home of the Cleveland Indians | 2
Kauffman Stadium, home of the Kansas City Royals

AL West
Safeco Field, home of the Seattle Mariners | 2 | 3
The Coliseum, home of the Oakland Athletics | 2 | 3
Angel Stadium, home of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim | 2 | 3
Minute Maid Park, home of the Houston Astros
Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, home of the Texas Rangers | 2

AL East
Yankee Stadium, home of the New York Yankees
Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox
Oriole Park at Camden Yards, home of the Baltimore Orioles | 2 | 3 | 4
Tropicana Field, home of the Tampa Bay Rays
Rogers Centre, home of the Toronto Blue Jays

NL Central
Busch Stadium, home of the St. Louis Cardinals | 2
Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs
Great American Ballpark, home of the Cincinnati Reds
Miller Park, home of the Milwaukee Brewers
PNC Park, home of the Pittsburgh Pirates | 2

NL West
Dodger Stadium, home of the Los Angeles Dodgers | 2
AT&T Park, home of the San Francisco Giants | 2 | 3 | 4
Coors Field, home of the Colorado Rockies | 2
Petco Park, home of the San Diego Padres
Chase Field, home of the Arizona Diamondbacks | 2

NL East
Citi Field, home of the New York Mets
Turner Field, home of the Atlanta Braves
Nationals Park, home of the Washington Nationals | 2
Citizens Bank Park, home of the Philadelphia Phillies
Marlins Park, home of the Miami Marlins

Feel free to correct me on any misinformation in this post as well.

bradzilla fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Aug 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Target Field, downtown Minneapolis, MN, home of the Minnesota Twins

Target Field was opened in 2010 and was modeled after most new stadiums these days, that is Modern-Retro style. In its 4th year, Target Field is still regarded as one of the best stadiums in baseball.

Parking: Being in the heart of downtown Minneapolis, parking is in abundance. Just don’t park in the ramps right next to the stadium unless you’re ok with waiting 20+ minutes just to get out of the ramp when you leave. There’s street and lot parking all around, and like any stadium, the parking is cheaper the farther away from the stadium.

Public Transportation: The easiest way to get to Target Field is by using the lightrail trains. They stop literally in front of the stadium. You can also catch a bus, and many restaurants/pubs around the Twin Cities offer shuttle services.

Tickets and Seating location: Let’s be honest, the Twins are loving awful why would you pay to go see them. Ok fine, Target Field is a beautiful stadium so it is definitely worth a trip. Since the stadium no longer has it’s brand-new shine, tickets are easy to come by. Stubhub is the best bet, you can usually get tickets under face value. As for seat location, I haven’t sat in a bad seat yet. I’ve sat behind the plate in the lower, mezzanine and upper deck levels including being at the very top of the stadium in the upper deck. I’ve sat on the first and third base lines in the lower deck and the outfield in the lower and upper decks. Every seat is good and you’ll be able to see what’s going on anywhere in the stadium. The only caution would be for the seats in left field, if it’s a hot summer day you are going to roast in the sun for 3+ hours. Everywhere else has some modicum of shade however. Are you silly and want to watch April baseball in Minnesota? There’s heaters placed all around the concourse to get a little relief from the weather.

Concessions: Yes, it’s going to be overpriced. Target Field has an excellent assortment of food choices, among the best in MLB. Some signature favorites include Kramarczuk sausage, the Walk-A-Taco, Tony O’s Cuban Sandwich, even the basic Schweigert Hot Dog is delicious. There is a good assortment of locally brewed beer such as Summit, Schell, Grain Belt and Leinenkugel. There’s merchandise stands throughout the stadium, with the best being the Majestic Twins Clubhouse store.

bradzilla fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Apr 22, 2013

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

kensei posted:

Adding to N/V OP. Do you have the link to the old thread?

I don't have it, and I have no idea how to search the archives without using the dumb archive date search. So if someone could dig that up, that would be swell!

bradzilla fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 18, 2013

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Thanks for all the write-ups everyone. There's still a ton of stadiums we need write-ups on, let's keep them coming! NL East is the only division that hasn't had at least one done...

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

That is a stunning view with the river, bridge and downtown all perfectly visible. I need to find an excuse to drag my wife to Pittsburgh to see some games there.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Angel Stadium has fountains in the outfield too. You'd need to hit a dinger about 500 feet to get it in there though.

Also the AL West is still sorely lacking in write-ups. Surely we have some AL West goons to do the needful?

bradzilla fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 26, 2013

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Thanks for the recent write-ups guys. There's still a few non-shithole stadiums that haven't been covered yet.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Try reading the OP and maybe you'll find an answer?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I've never heard of any nonprofit businesses operating at Target Field.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

unsanitary posted:

When you go to a concession stand at Target Field, look at the wall on the left side of the concession area. They usually display which nonprofit org a portion of the proceeds go to.

I will look for that. It's just a thing I would never think of because as mentioned it's not publicized for some reason.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Updated the OP with all this new info.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The only people playing music of any sort around Target Field are hobos who bought an instrument just to collect change with. They're loving terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Monicro posted:

How bad is Wrigley (the bleachers particularly) in terms of getting harassed? I've never been there wearing opponent's stuff before but I'll probably be in a Rays jersey when I go next month.

Half the crowd at Wrigley are tourists, you'll be fine. And besides, if anyone heckles you, all you have to say is at least you're not a Cubs fan! :v:

bradzilla fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jul 11, 2014

• Locked thread