Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
riht
Dec 13, 2004

i knew u were trouble when u tossed int
Oriole Park at Camden Yards

Getting there
Honestly, I'm not that sure about parking, but I've heard there are some cheapish garages a few blocks away, and no, contrary to popular belief, you probably won't get shot/stabbed while walking there. I generally take the light rail from where I live a little further uptown and it works well. It's like $3 max for a round trip.

Tickets
Getting into an O's game with a decent seat is neither expensive nor difficult. I think the most expensive seats in the house (behind home plate) are under $75. Personally, I like sitting in the right field bleachers (Eutaw Street Bleachers, sections 90, 92, 94, 96, 98) and all of my friends seem to like that area as well. For $19, you're in the lower level, and in some cases, really close to the field.

This afternoon, I bought 4 tickets for tonight's 7:05 O's/Rays game and got front-row aisle seats in right-center field (section 92) for about $22 a piece after ticket fees. Some of you may be more selective or have different preferences, but finding an affordable ticket is really never an issue outside of maybe Yankees or Red Sox games.

Food
In addition to your usual ballpark staples, Camden Yards also serves many Old Bay and/or crab items. Crab and mac & cheese topped hot dogs, Maryland crab soup, crab cakes, crab dip topped waffle fries, Old Bay sausages, Old Bay sausage in a pretzel roll topped with Old Bay crab dip, Old Bay chips, Old Bay fries.. yeah, you get the idea. This year, they've opened a few more stands with vegetarian (the TAKO-Korean stand) and gluten-free options (gluten-free rolls upon request at some places, gluten-free pizza, etc). Sealed plastic bottles and food area allowed in as well.

A hot dog topped with pulled pork topped with a slab of maple-syrup dipped bacon. Goon paradise.

Other
Give yourself some time to walk around the park if it's your first time here. Walking down Eutaw St. inside the stadium is neat and it really is a beautiful park from all angles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

riht
Dec 13, 2004

i knew u were trouble when u tossed int
I shamefully just made my first trip to Camden Yards this year and had great seats courtesy of a friend. It turned out to be an excellent game to attend as it ended with Chris Davis hitting a pinch-hit walk-off 3-run homer. It was my first time taking my camera, and for any of you who care, I learned that they don't care about cameras with large lenses. Apparently some parks can be more picky.

Also, browsing tickets this year, I noticed that the rooftop bar now has a couple rows of ticketed seats for $30 a pop. I've never been up there, how's the view/overall experience?

Here's a couple of the pictures. They're kind of big so here's a link to some others.

• Locked thread