Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

I'm heading to Safeco Field for the first time this season in a couple weeks. Seattle goons, is the new Edgar's restaurant worth checking out?

I would ask about the latest beer prices but I'm paying money to watch the M's in person so I'll be shitfaced anyway :v:

I've been to Safeco twice this year and have yet to check out Edgar's. It always looks packed from where I'm at though.

If you get to the game early (2 hours prior to start I think?), beers in The Pen are half price. It's also the only place you can get mixed drinks if you're into that kind of thing.

I can do a writeup on Safeco if no one beats me to it, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Hopefully Wrigley won't be a giant dump after they pour $500 million in renovations into it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Alright I'll do Safeco Field, home of the Mariners.

Getting there: sadly there isn't a whole lot of public transportation around the stadium. If its during a weekend game, and you're either north (Everett) or south (Tacoma) of the field, you can take the sounder train which drops you off real close to the stadium and picks you up after the game ends. During the week, you'll have to drive there. There's a lot of parking in the area. My personal favorite thing to do is park on 4th street, and walk a small bit to the stadium. After the game, all I have to do is turn right and it's real easy to get on the I5 ramp from there. Parking around the area varies. It can be $15-35 depending on where you find. There are parking garages as well at Safeco and Centurylink that you can park at, but they tend to be expensive.

Tickets: the Mariners use "dynamic pricing" so prices change depending on time of the game, or who is playing (get ready to be charged up the rear end if the Red Sox or Yankees are in town). My preference has been to use stubhub as I generally can find cheaper tickets there than what is on the Mariner website. I have no idea how much tickets run at the gate. It's generally about $7 for center field bleachers, $15 for left field bleachers, then $20 and on for other seats throughout the field. I prefer first or third base side, upper deck is fine. There generally aren't bad seats in the place. I once sat in left field and got upgraded to the terrace club because I got there early.

Food: the best burgers are probably Kidd Valley and there are lots of Ivar's stands if you like clam chowder too. There's pizza places and some ethnic foods such as Thai and Japanese, but I haven't tried those yet. My favorite Japanese place got displaced when they redid the bullpen :( Also, garlic fries. Those are amazing, and a weird tradition at Safeco Field. Mike Blowers will give out garlic fries to the fan that has the best garlic fries sign. The food isn't terribly overpriced. If you sit in the terrace club, you get premium food venues as well (but expect to pay for it). Outside of the stadium there are a lot of hot dog vendors, especially over by Centurylink. Their brats are delicious and you aren't getting hosed by the price either.

Beer: My favorite thing to do is to head to the Pryamid Brewery beer garden prior to the game starting, which is right across the street. Additionally, if you enter the stadium early, you can go to The Pen, where its Happy Hour and beer is half off. You can also get mixed drinks here as well. They have the assortment of domestic draft beer with the local microbrews as well (Mac and Jacks and Mannys come to mind). Otherwise, expect to pay a lot for beer if you get it anywhere else.

Other: they just upgraded the scoreboard in center field and holy poo poo it does own. Apparently the ushers aren't as assholeish as they used to be in years past? There's been a ton of open seats at most games. The second home game of the season broke the record for lowest attendance, which is really telling. They also moved the left field fences in, but it's hard to really tell. They added a restaraunt there called Edgar's Cantina. It's always been packed when I've seen it.

Also, if you can, do your best to go to a game when Felix is pitching. Every home game he pitches they have the King's Court to the left of the LF foul pole where tickets are discounted and you get a King Felix shirt for free along with a K card. Even if you don't sit in that section, the energy that section brings to the game is awesome. Plus you get to see Felix pitch, which is glorious in itself.

If any other Seattleites want to add anything, feel free to chip in.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Apr 22, 2013

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Carlton Banks posted:

I'm going to be in Seattle at the end of the month and plan on checking out Safeco (probably one of the games against the Pirates); since attendance is pretty low, do the ushers give a poo poo about people moving to down better sections?

I've heard mixed reviews. Back in 2009 and so they were super strict about that kind of thing, but I remember reading on a now defunct Mariner blog that they had lightened up. If you do go down to the lower levels, they generally ask for your ticket in between at bats, so that's something to keep in mind.

• Locked thread