Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Haha, I just saw the footage of Codblops dude hugging the DSS guys. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ClemenSalad posted:

Where on Earth did you learn this was the case and why do you believe it?

Actually it's very true in terms of getting terrorists in custody to cooperate. Read The Black Banners.

The simple fact that they mirandized suspects and didn't immediately start beating them with pipes was practically enough to get some serious al-Qaeda guys to talk, even if just because it caught them so off guard.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

OMG BYZANTIUM posted:

In some jurisdictions a person can't be charged with felony murder for a co-felon's death, so I don't think he'll be charged with murder for running over his brother, assuming that actually happened.

Would the murder of the MIT cop be enough?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Black hat also had a pretty goddamn sizable hole in his chest.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

jaegerx posted:

Was it from infowars? The US doesn't tag immigrants like bears and sharks.

We have numbers of who came from where, generally.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

jaegerx posted:

Maybe work/student visas. Not resident aliens. I am one and have never had to use it for anything other than employment.

I mean we should have paperwork for the applications and should be able to tabulate who came from where. Not where they live or anything, but numbers of documented immigrants from X country shouldn't be very hard to come up with for the government.

But wait I just realized that Chechnya would just show up as "Russia" on an application wouldn't it. :downs:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Somebody was just kind enough to let Shepard Smith know that "my mom loves you!"

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

hailthefish posted:

Light him up with the Nightsun, by which they likely mean this thing

I just saw footage from the house where the final standoff was that I hadn't seen, and it was bright as gently caress in that yard even though the sky was pitch black.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Which is quite odd, assuming that he actually lifted the tarp and saw the suspect. Because, apparently when the police did it, the suspect returned fire.

Apparently somebody in a house that was previously searched noticed that her shed door was now open and there were either bloody clothes next to it or actual bloodstains on the boat, and called the cops immediately.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Can anyone here who knows anything about how manhunt procedures in the United States tell me, on a scale of 1 to 10, just how likely it was that we were going to take White Hat alive, 1 being "Completely expected" and 10 being "About as probable as taking Bin Laden alive"? Thanks.

I would say very much towards 1 unless he decided he wanted to end it with a shootout in the street. The fact that they did end up taking him alive in the end is pretty demonstrative of this.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Y Kant Ozma Post posted:

Yeah, I kind of see it that way too.

I don't think the homeowner actually checked the boat, just noticed the shed door ajar and the bloody whatever and called the cops without even going outside.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The fact that the BPD were stopping and actually arresting people who were wandering around at night in the area instead of just shooting them was a big part of why I was pretty sure they were going to try and take him alive.

Plus, I guess from the scanners it was the feds who really took point on the final action?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Cornwind Evil posted:

People who espouse these things never get within a mile of this fact. They stop at 'The shadow lizards are manipulating you all like sheep, OPEN YOUR EYES, I'm so smart I've seen it all and I know it's not all random chance it can't all be random chance I REFUSE to accept its random chance its the boogeymen and the blue meanies'. That's all they want.

The point that really drives home how absurd the whole "Truther" movement is is the fact that in their world the US government can pull off 9/11 (this is even ignoring the myriad physical issues with the whole "controlled demo" theory) and fool the entire country, yet they can't plant a single piece of damning evidence in Iraq regarding WMDs even though we invaded the loving country and had military control over pretty much all of it for an extended period of time.

• Locked thread