Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

SpaceDrake posted:

Was gonna say, Zac comes out very first game. :stare: Gonna be interesting to watch (I thought he was a little hit-or-miss in Korean play).

EDIT: Okay, Bjergsen on my favorite mid is highly relevant to my interests. Not really paying attention to anything else until this is over.

Also Zac top, what :stare:

Yeah I'm very surprised by that, I don't like Zac on top all that much.

Edit: Zac is jungling while Snoopeh ganks...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Also, LCS playoff newbie question: is this a best-of-three? I notice it's blocked out for three hours.

Also I can't help but think that GodBro would be struggling less if he'd taken Shen. His Rumble is just doing nothing :smith:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

SpaceDrake posted:

Also, LCS playoff newbie question: is this a best-of-three? I notice it's blocked out for three hours.

Also I can't help but think that GodBro would be struggling less if he'd taken Shen. His Rumble is just doing nothing :smith:

Best of 3.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Pause! These are usually good.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.
Is there a bracket of some sort? I watched every week of LCS and I have no loving idea how this tournament is working. Top two are safe from elimination or relegation or something, but are they playing in this tournament? Are losers in this tournament getting kicked out of LCS?

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
It looks like EG learned How To Season 3- just turtle at the other team's towers.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
That was a great engage from CW with basically a perfect equalizer out of rumble.

Edit: Brackets: http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/Riot_League_Championship_Series/Europe/Season_3/Spring_Playoffs

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
What a tight game, both teams are playing ultra safe.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
Ah, so this is just a regular tournament that the bottom 2 didn't get to participate in?

There will be a separate tournament which the top 2 won't participate in that may end up kicking 2 teams out, including like EG?

edit also it looks like CW forgot the first rule of playing against froggen. Ban the loving bird. He's 6/0/4 with 400+ minion kills.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

mushi posted:

Ah, so this is just a regular tournament that the bottom 2 didn't get to participate in?

There will be a separate tournament which the top 2 won't participate in that may end up kicking 2 teams out, including like EG?

edit also it looks like CW forgot the first rule of playing against froggen. Ban the loving bird. He's 6/0/4 with 400+ minion kills.

Teams 3-6 play quarterfinals. The winners meet teams 1 and 2 in the semis for the spring playoffs. The losers go in the promotion/relegation series where they play the ranked 5s teams etc, where they also joined the teams that finished 7 and 8. So the two separate brackets are connected and this one is played first to sort out which of the 3-6 teams go to semis in the playoffs and which have to fight for their LCS lives.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

mushi posted:

The idea is that out of the eight in the regular season, the bottom two are automatically taken down to relegation and must re-qualify to get into the Summer split of the LCS. The losers of the match sets today will also be relegated.

The top two teams make it into the semifinals of the tournament, which begins tomorrow. They will fight the winners of today's sets. The winners of tomorrow's sets fight each other on Sunday for the top spot and NA or EU trophy.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
You can tell teams are scared of going to relegation, I can't believe how tight they're both playing.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
That looked like a good engage for EG if you don't factor in that CW took top tower during it.

Edit: 3 - 0 - 0 Kassadin is very bad.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Sexpansion posted:

That looked like a good engage for EG if you don't factor in that CW took top tower during it.

Edit: 3 - 0 - 0 Kassadin is very bad.

WAITING IN THE WING, too bad he's not a red bull.

:ughh:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
The lesson from this game is don't give Bjergsen Kassadin.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Bjergsen is the best loving mid

King of the Karp
Oct 8, 2010
God drat, GodBro's shen is insane. He was incredible in that last teamfight. That was a crazy stomp after a pretty close first game. Go Wolves!

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I can predict EGs bans next game

Kassadin
Shen
..Zed/Singed?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
ban out lulu please gently caress

edit:

Shen, Lulu, Kassadin

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Like I said: GodBro was useless that first fight because he wasn't on Shen. Give the bro Shen, and poo poo just explodes everywhere.

Meanwhile, Bjergsen, well, what the gently caress else do you say really :stare:

Really looking forward to match #3!

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Does Wickd play Shen? EG should ban Kassadin/Lulu/Nautilus and take Shen first.

King of the Karp
Oct 8, 2010

The Mash posted:

I can predict EGs bans next game

Kassadin
Shen
..Zed/Singed?

Probably last has to be Jarvan. Svenskeren has done some real work on J4 in the last few weeks. Letting him through I think would be a huge mistake for EG. Looking forward to game three, should be real exciting.

I do want to say, Wickid on Zac has been pretty impressive. Better than I imagined, at least. I never really took Zac seriously in lane, but he was giving Shen a hard time in lane in that last game. Interesting stuff.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I really hope CW beats EG in the Game 3. They deserve it from the inspired way they have played in the last few months.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
Is there a spoiler rule in this thread? I feel like if you're reading this poo poo and posting here you're probably watching the games or could reasonably expect games to be spoiled.

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness
No spoiler rule. Awkward to actively discuss things as they happen if you have to stick them all behind spoiler tags. Of course, if you want to put something behind spoiler tags, go right ahead.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Sexpansion posted:

You can tell teams are scared of going to relegation, I can't believe how tight they're both playing.

This is the playoffs, not the promotion matches. They're playing for a prize right now.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I just spoiler some of my own posts that are directly about exact game outcomes out of courtesy. I know some people come in here looking for VoDs. There's no rule on it. I don't know.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

TheModernAmerican posted:

This is the playoffs, not the promotion matches. They're playing for a prize right now.

Edit: This is confusing, but apparently they do go down to relegation.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 26, 2013

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Libertine posted:

I just spoiler some of my own posts that are directly about exact game outcomes out of courtesy. I know some people come in here looking for VoDs. There's no rule on it. I don't know.

made you look!

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Sexpansion posted:

Oh you're right, my bad. Thanks for the clarification.

No, you were right. Whoever loses this series and the next series is kicked down to the promotion tournament and gets no prize money.

Though honestly I'm pretty sure either EG or CW could finish in the top 4 of the promotion.

Volcano Style
May 2, 2006

THERE IS ONLY ONE
It seriously makes you wonder where Wolves would have placed if Bjergsen had been on the team at the start, wow.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach
Froggen what are you doing, Froggen staph

Edit: in all seriousness I lagged horribly today during my ranked matches with 22 ms, I think something's wrong with their servers

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

And this, of course, is when the tournament realm decides to explode :v:

But yeah, really pulling for the Wolves here. Go, Danes, go!

And yeah, if only Bjergsen had been on at the start. Really looking forward to the Summer split.

Also yeah: even if the Wolves somehow lose this, I can't possibly see them NOT escaping relegation to get back in. They may not be perfect against EG, but there's no way they wouldn't stomp all over the kids.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Also, aAa got disqualified because they couldn't get five players together, so SK are automatically through and they play Gambit next.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3377795

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Volcano Style posted:

It seriously makes you wonder where Wolves would have placed if Bjergsen had been on the team at the start, wow.

They're 13-7 since Bjergsen joined up, which is a 65% win rate. SK, in 3rd place, has 61%. I honestly think they'd have had a decent shot at finishing 3rd in the weekly standings.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Jonny Angel posted:

They're 13-7 since Bjergsen joined up, which is a 65% win rate. SK, in 3rd place, has 61%. I honestly think they'd have had a decent shot at finishing 3rd in the weekly standings.

It's an interesting discussion, but I feel like SK is better than CW right now.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

Also, aAa got disqualified because they couldn't get five players together, so SK are automatically through and they play Gambit next.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3377795

Will AAA get to play their demotion match then or are they automatically out of the Summer LCS as well?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
My guess is that they will be able to play their relegation matches, I think they're just disqualified from their match against SK in the playoffs.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Libertine posted:

Will AAA get to play their demotion match then or are they automatically out of the Summer LCS as well?

I would assume they get to play their demotion, unless they are utterly incapable of fielding five men next week too. Hopefully the family emergency isn't that severe.

Also that sucks so bad. :( It's always awful when family emergencies cause stuff like this. Sort of a lesson, though: making sure your alternates are ready to go at any time is really, really important!

EDIT: Yup:

quote:

To clarify, SK advances to the semi-finals against Gambit and aAa will play in the Promotion Tournament next weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidpret
Jun 17, 2004

I don't know how the playoffs work at all. What are they playing for in this best of 3?

edit - ok they just kinda explained it. I gather that the winner of this gets to face fnatic. So basically this is a single elimination tourney where each elimination is best of 3 and the two top teams get byes?

• Locked thread