Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Doctor w-rw-rw- posted:

Nah. Jack keeps secrets well. He doesn't get ahead of himself in announcing stuff, and the tweet you're talking about (below) is almost certainly him being an all-around good guy and wishing Elementz luck.

Actually no, there was a tweet around the same time as the one you posted that now looks like it's been deleted . It said something along the lines of hey been wanting to contact you about business anyway and now that you're a free agent I may as well do i=t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
There is a really entertaining number of Zhonyas in this SK vs Giants match.

E: jesus, over an hour with 60 kills and 100k gold on SK and almost 90 on Giants... Been really interesting throughout.

parasyte fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 21, 2013

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
SK vs. Giants is closing in on an hour long game.
CW vs. EG is next, this'll be a fun game to watch I imagine.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So what were like the big games from the super week? I've only seen dig vs vulcan (I think), the one with the Cass pick, so far. I'll probably only have time to watch a few games, so I'd like to see something where Gragas, Eve, Cho, Ori, Cass, Vi, Zyra, or Lulu make some plays.

Maybe some Graves or Jax action will be cool too.

Safety Scissors fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 21, 2013

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,

Safety Scissors posted:

So what were like the big games from the super week? I've only seen dig vs vulcan (I think), the one with the Cass pick, so far. I'll probably only have time to watch a few games, so I'd like to see something where Gragas, Eve, Cho, Ori, Cass, Vi, Zyra, or Lulu make some plays.

Maybe some Graves or Jax action will be cool too.

It's been awhile for Orianna and (e: much longer for) Vi, but the others have been a part of at least some games this week. I can't recall the specifics offhand, but I think Jax was in a game yesterday or friday.

e2: Ah, I forgot, you could probably find it via this site - http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/Riot_League_Championship_Series/North_America/Season_3/Picks_and_Bans/Spring_Season/Overview

e3: Syndra for CW :swoon:

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 21, 2013

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Wolves vs EG is on now. Bjergsen is on Syndra.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Bjergsen locks in Syndra. Can't wait to see him vs. Froggen's TF.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Oh my god that mid fight, that was one of the best baits I've ever seen.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Close game so far. Some nice plays from CW but EG have edged in front.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

SpaceDrake posted:

So here's a question: why do people keep picking Jayce in LCS matches?

He's been a popular pick, especially during Super Week, but there's one little problem: he keeps losing.

His combined record in both LCSes is actually 11-16, or 41%. It's a losing record, but not the MOST losing record, so I can see statistically why he keeps appealing to teams. Let's see, who's been played in 10 or more games and has a sub-40% win rate...

Ahri (3-8, 27%)
Anivia (4-8, 33%)
Caitlyn (23-38, 38%)
Kennen (2-11, 15%)
Janna (5-10, 33%)
Lux (14-25, 36%)
Nunu (7-11, 39%)
Udyr (2-9, 18%)

So Jayce is definitely not alone in terms of continually getting picked despite an unimpressive record.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
Bjergsen is amazingly capable as a player. Two awesome baits this game so far that got multikills for his team.

Twitch fix your stream :(

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
And Twitch loving explodes, thanks a heap Twitch :mad: I wanted to see more Syndra!

Jonny Angel posted:

His combined record in both LCSes is actually 11-16, or 41%. It's a losing record, but not the MOST losing record, so I can see statistically why he keeps appealing to teams. Let's see, who's been played in 10 or more games and has a sub-40% win rate...

Ahri (3-8, 27%)

This stat makes me sad. I like playing Ahri. :smith: Why can't more pros play her better?

Kennen really is kind of dumpster tier, though, I'd noticed that. He comes up but never wins. I almost wonder if he might be getting some buffs after the Spring split, because god drat if he just never seems to manage to do too much. Hell, I think he did the most in that last Dragonborns match, and even then he was just kind of there, ulting occasionally.

SpaceDrake fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Apr 21, 2013

Aureon
Jul 11, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Jonny Angel posted:

Ahri (3-8, 27%)
Anivia (4-8, 33%)
Caitlyn (23-38, 38%)
Kennen (2-11, 15%)
Janna (5-10, 33%)
Lux (14-25, 36%)
Nunu (7-11, 39%)
Udyr (2-9, 18%)

So Jayce is definitely not alone in terms of continually getting picked despite an unimpressive record.

27 samples means a standard deviation of 20%, yeah. Even 18% isn't that far off 50%.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
The comment about TF's ultimate being shorter than Shen's is pretty prescient after this game.

I think that TF doesn't get banned more often not because the champion itself isn't strong, but rather that many of the midlaners are EVEN BETTER with other champions. I see a lot of targeted bans toward midlaners.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
And the Wolves lose. :( I think the most frustrating thing is that Bjergsen's Syndra was just as sharp as it was last game, but the rest of his team failed him. What the hell was Svenskeren doing? He was half the team's entire deaths!

Skam
Jan 6, 2008

SpaceDrake posted:

And Twitch loving explodes, thanks a heap Twitch :mad: I wanted to see more Syndra!

http://euw.lolesports.com/

the azubu tv stream is working well

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Azubu wasn't working for me. It choked out, too.

It was also (and still is) about 10 minutes behind the Twitch stream.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

SpaceDrake posted:

And the Wolves lose. :( I think the most frustrating thing is that Bjergsen's Syndra was just as sharp as it was last game, but the rest of his team failed him. What the hell was Svenskeren doing? He was half the team's entire deaths!

He was diving and tanking because he's Xin? It's not that shocking that he died a lot.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Yeah if you're engaging, Xin Zhao is pretty pot committed. Half the team's deaths onto the tank is probably an acceptable ratio.

Okita
Aug 31, 2004
King of toilets.

SpaceDrake posted:

Kennen really is kind of dumpster tier, though, I'd noticed that. He comes up but never wins. I almost wonder if he might be getting some buffs after the Spring split, because god drat if he just never seems to manage to do too much. Hell, I think he did the most in that last Dragonborns match, and even then he was just kind of there, ulting occasionally.

Kennen is actually seeing play on the Asian teams as well. I think they use him in specific team comps though. They chain his ult off of a specific setup that I'm drawing a blank on right now. Maybe someone else who's been watching the OGN can chime in to confirm. Varus/Sona maybe?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Krepo just seemed more on-the-ball with wards than deficio, and CW's bans make me think they're willing to take Shen in exchange for the enemy getting TF. I definitely see why they banned Froggen's Anivia and Krepo's Thresh and if they used the third ban on TF then EG would have had Shen for free, as it were.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Going into the next match, xPeke on Ahri. :swoon: THIS I want to see. This'll be a learning experience.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I also think that most of the Kennen picks in LCS have been Giants Jimbz playing AD Carry Kennen. I'm not sure if that positively or negatively effects his results.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cheers.

To other people. You can't use statistical analyses of the LCS to determine how good or bad a champion is because the biggest factors that determine picks are personal skills/preferences of the participants. While the biggest factor that determines wins or losses is player skill and team cohesion. Furthermore the entire population of the LCS is 80, and the population for a certain spot on a team is 16. There's just no room for math here. Well, except the math that shows using math is a bad idea.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Not sure how to feel about Deman's commentary gimmick here.

Volcano Style
May 2, 2006

THERE IS ONLY ONE
I'm not going to be casting DominateTT 7 (moving house :toot:) but all three winning teams of the previous six are going to be playing this week, so I'm pretty excited.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I agree with the casters here, if I'm Gambit I'd rather take second place in regular season standings to play the winner of SK/AAA instead of winner of EG/CW

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Why is Bjergson so awesome? Seriously, I haven't been following the Wolves much over the course of LCS, but this guy has been impressive every game I've seen him in.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Libertine posted:

I agree with the casters here, if I'm Gambit I'd rather take second place in regular season standings to play the winner of SK/AAA instead of winner of EG/CW
AAA sure but SK are playing really well right now. I'd say Wolves and SK are roughly at the same level right now and I'd think they'll win against EG and AAA respectively.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
Well, drat, did NOT expect the Wolves to come through against Gambit too. I'll definitely keep an eye out on those gents from now on, I don't think top 3 would have been unrealistic if Bjergsen had been on the team for the entire series!

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I cant remember seeing a player that put Alex Ich in his place like how Bjergson did this last game. I guess it was a bad matchup Karthus v Zed. I hope next game Ich tries to pick a champ that can go toe-to-toe with Bjerg's.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
That was a great match, and really long but worth the watch. Bjerg is crazy!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Flayer posted:

AAA sure but SK are playing really well right now. I'd say Wolves and SK are roughly at the same level right now and I'd think they'll win against EG and AAA respectively.

I think Gambit has only lost to SK like one time in the entire history of both teams.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

It's official, the Wolves are now my favorite EU team. That was amazing and I love watching Bjergsen dance. :allears: And it blows my mind that he's only seventeen. Christ, I was good at The Video Games at that age, but not that good.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Libertine posted:

I think Gambit has only lost to SK like one time in the entire history of both teams.
To be fair I believe the last match was the first map Gambit have ever dropped to Wolves.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Jungle Malzahar is happening again. Hopefully Snoopeh has refined it since the last outing. EG vs SK, the last match of the spring season, is just starting.

Mr Cuddles
Jan 29, 2010

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
My recommendation for this thread is that people post urls more often because if you want anybody to randomly decide to watch a game, you shouldn't assume everybody knows the urls for the games under discussion.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Mr Cuddles posted:

My recommendation for this thread is that people post urls more often because if you want anybody to randomly decide to watch a game, you shouldn't assume everybody knows the urls for the games under discussion.

http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames is the URL for 99% of games that are discussed in here.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Or http://www.youtube.com/user/LoLChampSeries if you like being to able to rewind the stream that is currently live.

Also has VODs, although for some reason LCS NA Week 10 Day 2 is not there right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Mr Cuddles posted:

Also if you check on the leaguepedia site, you can look up the streams of the professional players on their pages. I don't watch them too often, but EG Snoopeh and Wickd are actually sort of interesting to watch because they will actually show you rune pages/masteries and give you the reasoning behind what they are doing when they do it.

• Locked thread