Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Tithin Melias posted:

Could someone explain what the "drama" is surrounding elementz? I've been watching league stream tourneys for a while and the dude seems to cop a lot of poo poo, and while "nerfed irelia, better bench elementz" isn't really a meme anymore, it'd still be good to know why he's so divisive (mainly because i know next to nothing about him)

Him and Curse's jungler, SaintVicious, weren't getting along. Saint wanted Elementz to take the game more seriously and treat it like a full time job (he should!), and Elementz didn't like his leadership style (apparently highly critical). Both made vlogs to try and defend their positions instead of sitting down and working it out. That's my understanding of it.

I honestly hope that if he doesn't get picked up quickly, Elementz retires from pro League and gets hired by Riot as a commentator. His on-screen presence in every interview he does is tremendous and would probably be a great addition to the shoutcasting team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

DolphinCop posted:

Pantheon's burst damage is extremely high, way better than anything Zed or Kha Zix could do in one combo. He doesn't have half the mobility of either of them, though, so assassin players are going to be more hesitant picking him.

It's this. Kha'zix and Zed can use their insane mobility to enter and exit fights almost at will, while Panth jumps in and is stuck there. If something doesn't die he's probably not getting away, while Kha just leaps halfway across the map and Zed just does his shadow flash whatever thing.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

What are the must-watch games from this last weekend from both NA and EU?

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Sexpansion posted:

There's a TSM tournament on right now with Studio casting http://www.twitch.tv/TSMTournaments

I dunno if there will be a VOD for this game, but Game 2 of Bench v. MYM is totally worth it. Crazy back and forth game.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Failboattootoot posted:

The main reason coL is uncertain is that Brunch U retired and they have Chuuper in as ADC. With one week to get used to that, who knows?

I was unaware of this. I'm glad the guy who was bad at positioning is being replaced by a guy whose bad positioning is already a punchline.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

HiggsBoson81 posted:

Man it looked like Qtpie was hitting them with pillows.

This is the problem with that Ez build. It rules for kiting, but doesn't crit, which is why AD carries are so powerful.

Also, hahahahahahahahaha loving Dig.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Goddamn, voyboy didn't even need to be there. Just shielded and kept smacking the inhib.

Edit: Ugh, Phreak. Stop.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Is the Curse/Vulcan matchup a Bo3 or Bo5?

Aaaand Rhux whiffs another Crescendo

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

King of the Karp posted:

I bet Saint is regretting that now. Rhux is a good player, but he is obviously not used to this sort of play, and it's really costing them these games. Oh well, sorry Curse, you'd better get your poo poo figured out before the summer series.

I'm pretty sure Saint and Voyboy shrug this stuff off. They make most of their money from streaming, so they don't really care about a 3rd place win. Provided they don't go into relegation, they're probably happy.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Jonny Angel posted:

Does Prolly have any facial expressions besides :smug:? Yet to see evidence of this.

He's a great interview, he should never change.

Dyllyn posted:

Sometime at the start of S3 Regi was going to retire to manage TSM fulltime. Hypothetically speaking, who would replace him? I wonder if Wildturtle's agression would be better suited playing mid again. Get doublelift once CLG disbands, TSM could rule the world.

Isn't Xpecial an awesome mid who just plays support because that's what TSM needed?

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Da Monk posted:

Diamond just played him in the EU final. He didnt do well though. No uidea if that was the champion or the Diamonds fault.

Consensus was that it was mostly Diamond's fault. He does well with aggressive junglers, Amumu ain't really his thing.

Jonny Angel posted:

Someone mentioned earlier that they hoped Prolly might sign on for a permanent commentating position. I want this, but only if we see his smug-rear end face at all times. I want him on the telestrator, I want him conducting interviews, I want a picture-in-picture on all the matches where he's doing commentary.

If they hired Elementz and Prolly for casting and interviews I'd be so happy.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Debonhare posted:

Eh, the 2011 NA team Chicks Dig Elo had saint, Regi, and Chauster on the team, and they did fairly well. I think both saint and Chauster have stated that that was the best team they'd ever played on.

Saint has said he really likes playing with Regi because Regi is a super aggressive mid that tries to make plays. Even if a lot of the plays don't work out.

I love how Sjokz is interviewing a member of Dragonborn, who will most likely get their rear end whooped out of the EU LCS.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Why aren't they just showing the SNS v. TCM game? Esportcalendar says it's running right now, unless they're only playing one set at a time today.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Jesus Riot get your poo poo together for these tournaments.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I've done a lot of event management in my day and I know there's always unpredictable issues, but drat, this has been happening a ton in the EU.

Edit: YES YES YES GOOFY EU ALLSTARS VIDEO, CIRCLE FLAG CIRCLE FLAG

Schiavona fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 3, 2013

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

They should really just start random fan ARAMs or something and cast them. Something instead of endless casterchat.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

inthesto posted:

In a recent Dominate Dominion tournament, we brought in a new female caster who was super nervous and ended up disconnecting after the first round. The stream chat was full of "BRING BACK THE SEXY GIRL CASTER"

:smithicide:

Sjokz gets a ton of that poo poo in EU, it's creepy and weird.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

rhazes posted:

Not going to lie, she's cute so I pay a little bit more attention to her than I would otherwise. But it's nice to see that after she finishes interviewing someone and they move to a further camera showing the whole EU LCS stage, she's still talking with the person she just interviewed, often they're both laughing or looking cheerful. She's great and redeems (in my opinion) some of the fairly brutal accents present in EU LCS.

If you follow her twitter, she's often hanging out with players outside of the studio. She did a whole shopping spree with Fnatic's nRated.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Oh hey it's finally back, only took them 45 minutes!

:riot:

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Flayer posted:

I still really hope they lose to MYM though. DB went 2-18 in their last 20 games in LCS, they brought absolutely nothing to the table. MYM show promise, on the other hand.

It's dumb as heck to give the opposing teams their favorite champs and MYM is getting screwed by it.

Edit: Also if you know they're going to take Draven don't take friggin Sona

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Games like this are when TSM does the smart thing and surrenders early. It's a Bo5 and these dudes are pushing an hour for a Game 1 that they probably won't win. I know that there is a ton on the line, and I know that DB sucks at taking objectives and rules at throwing, but this is going to be a huge strain on the players.

Though hey, maybe I'll eat my words and MYM will wreck them.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Mind Your Manners needs a new toplaner, dayum.

(better nerf Irelia)

Schiavona fucked around with this message at 18:04 on May 6, 2013

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Sexpansion posted:

That was AWESOME

Yeah, holy poo poo. Headshot indeed.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Good job, MYM. With Giants gone, you've let the most boring team in the LCS through.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

^^^ That's 100% true but I'll still always hate them for that super cheese comp they ran against EG in Week 4 when they did the Nidalee/Soraka botlane, along with Khazix, Elise, and J4. gently caress any team that does that forever.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Kubon you loving moron. You just got saved so hard by your team.

EDIT: HOLY poo poo THAT TEAMFIGHT WAS BONKERS

Schiavona fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 6, 2013

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

RE: Brazil

They got their own in-country server all of what, two months ago? I think by winter we'll have some legit pro Brazilian teams. Not necessarily SEA quality, but definitely enough to give most of NA and a bunch of EU a run for their money.

RE: USA

NA needs to stop the roster changes and start practicing more. Curse fell a bunch because Rhux sucks at support. WildTurtle on TSM is still in the air, and some people say Dig made a poor choice with Kiwikid. At the same time, the fall of all of these teams is showing that the old guard is starting to crumble. Whether this is due to hubris or an inability to compete mechanically with newer players is yet to be seen.

Overall though, until the various "scenes" are forced to play each other more, the regions with stagnate. We need Worlds twice a year and the IEMs or whatever to bring all the teams together and force them to get better (and in the case of NA, get themselves to EU and then SEA levels). I think each team in the LCS is better than they were when the season started, but without the cross competition, they're not going to innovate like they could.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Man I really want to see Complexity go through, but Lemonation is a RL friend of my college roommates :(

Edit: Is Bobbyhankhill the only other pro black player other than Aphro?

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Jonny Angel posted:

The gently caress is it with LemonNation and being two degrees of separation away from goons? He's my friend's half-brother.

Lots of goons know people from Minnesota or something I guess :shrug:

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Libertine posted:

I want to see CLG go down because I think their team needs to be disbanded. The problem with CLG is Hotshot. He offers them absolutely nothing but owns the team so he'll never be replaced. The only way to replace him is to remove the team from contention. I think Aphromoo is terrible on support but one of the most exciting ADC players in the game (not necessarily the best, but the most exciting). My ideal scenario would be like Complexity advancing and them filling their vacant ADC spot with Doublelift or Aphromoo after CLG disbands. But I don't know how this weekend will shake out and that's a lot of baseless speculation for one post.

I'd be so down with Complexity replacing their bot lane with CLG's.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I wonder if there's enough eSports money for a team to stay together if they fall out of the LCS? Could Complexity survive on TSM tourneys and IPL/IEM or whatever if they lost their place in the LCS? Or would they all just go sub for other teams and try and stay in that way?

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Libertine posted:

Yeah Vileroze is like the least intimidating Zed I've ever seen. Brutalizer/LW/GA is his whole build right now. Like what.

He also looks like a child molester.

Riftling posted:

No ward coverage for Velocity. Maple got caught out hard.

Edit: Evan bought a freakin' nomicon. Vile is buying wards. You can't force your assassin to ward for you like that, cripes.

Edit^2: ^ TSB doesn't even have a heal threat. That's so much wasted gold for Zyra.

Eh, Morellos is CDR, AP (and more than an Athenes), MP/5, and the grevious works on ADC BT autos, I believe.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Goddamn dat lizard wizard

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Is that ginger kid like 12 or something?

Edot: Demonlul

Schiavona fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 11, 2013

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Miftan posted:

Quantic looking really strong. Also a very smart team comp. Zed against a bunch of squishies and making sure Ezreal is the only mana user will make Blue Ezreal that much stronger than usual.

It's also another case of stupid roster changes screwing a team. Chuuper not having played competitive ADC in a while can very well screw the team.

Goddamn this game is over already.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Rivington: With Zac in the game you have to ward in new places!

More like wards barely matter when you're playing against a Zac because he'll loving jump to bottom lane from mid.

Studio posted:

BEEN DRIVING FOR LIKE 3 HOURS WHY HAVEN'T WE WON YET

Don't post and drive bro >:(

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

That Shen ult was dumb as hell, they had Baron and he was far away from the enemy.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

So assuming MRN gets kicked out, maybe Nientonsoh could join Complexity and they could find a support and have a decent team come fall!

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Sexpansion posted:

Quantic is going to be really fun to watch in the LCS but, drat.. Complexity :(

Yeah, I hope Pr0lly stays around somehow, his on-camera is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Woof, day 1 of the All-Stars is going to be NA v. China.

Gonna be a short day.

• Locked thread