Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Studio posted:

Hey, here's an adlib template for getting mad at LCS games.

Bench ________ (Player who gives First Blood)

Double Bench ______ (Player who throws game by getting caught)

Nerf ______ (Champion that gets unexpected Triple [or higher] Kill)

Will _____ (Gross Player) ever fix their _____ (Gross Bodypart)

I ______ (Loved/Hated) when Phreak said "_________" (Phreak Pun)

and last but not least

_____ (GGU) FIGHTIN'

Do this, Winner gets Blue Side advantage I believe.

_______ will be leaving team soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
So it looks like the EU has gone from having no sub-lcs competitive scene to having 2 conflicting tournaments.

It smacks me to me that TSM are trying to crush out competition now that they've realized that it's profitable to do so. Otherwise it seems a bit odd that the EU TSM invitational only started happening immediately after the challenger series ran just fine, And TSM are now unwilling to share time during the non-LCS week?

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
If you're interested in seeing the challenger tier teams in EUW, there's a tournament going on right now.

In fact, this is intended to run every week, so maybe it should be added to the OP?

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Once again, EUW challenger teams duking it out

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
I know that Brokenshard was hardly even involved enough to be called a sub, but I'm pretty sure Spontexx was a starter.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Ninkobei posted:

This CookMySock on British Tea Time is terrible. His team starts baron and he goes for the enemies wraith camp as the other team heads up to start a baron fight. Then he goes bottom to try to splitpush as his team gets 3v5'd and finally after his team dies he decides to teleport in to a ward at baron and gets 1v5'd instagibbed.

Last week he displayed some really great mechanics and clutch game winning teleports. I wasn't watching this particular game, but didnt BTT end up coming out with a 2-0 victory?

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

semicolonsrock posted:

Where are these games from?

e: from an interview:
"I saw you picked Teleport on a jungle Elise. What was the main objective of that?"

JnT Taylor: Well, only the spider is safe in her web.

e: ohhh http://www.twitch.tv/kaostv

Yeah, it's a relatively recent EUW challenger startup tournament. BTT are playing right now in fact.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Libertine posted:

YoungBuck announced that Pride FC (the newish european team that Rekkles put together) is now the new Copenhagen Wolves.

That's going to be kind of confusing.

They're also not nearly as good as the old copenhagen wolves. Shook in particular seems to be woefully underperforming for someone at the top of the euw soloq ladder

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Freaksaus posted:

And the first Lissandra pick for the LCS, I really want to see what the pros can de with her.

Also I love all the Anivia cheering.

I am going to smug very hard if she dominates.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Zahki posted:

What the gently caress? These Shock Blasts are taking off 50% hp in one shot.

Jayce has recently reached the kind of first ban/first pick status that TF has.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
In short they have to be very careful what powers they sign over to the organisation they join.

That TheTess is gone isn't surprising though, he was pretty close to leaving in the spring split as well.

Keep a very close eye on NiP though, I've heard that Malunoo has a bit of a reputation for causing teams to fall apart by being less than calm about mistakes. That being said, they easily have the talent to be top 3 with this lineup. Extinkt will have to adapt to toplane (but I don't think he'll have too much problem with that) and Freeze will have to adapt to not having Mithy with him, which is a shame because Mithy pulled some really nice moves in the euw challenger series working with the rest of hc. He's a very well respected, and extremely skilled player though.

A jargogle fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 26, 2013

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Their comp would have worked if they'd stalled harder, but they just lost too many advantages too fast for even them to come back from.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

semicolonsrock posted:

So, which game had ADC annie?

Pretty sure that didn't happen? If I had to guess, she just started with a doran's blade to abuse her retardo auto attack range.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Ninkobei posted:

Ahri CS 262 @ 23 min. Karthus not far behind at 255. gently caress me I'm lucky to have 160 by that point. They don't seem to be taking much from other lanes either..

Doing that as karthus? Sure. Doing that as Ahri? Incredible. People don't appreciate how hard it can be to farm on her compared to the power farming kings.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Libertine posted:

Shyvana is apparently one of the most contested junglers in China right now, but I literally have not seen any Chinese teams play in like 6 months so I have no idea how they do it.

Shyvana also sees some picks in challenger level EU.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
http://www.cadred.org/News/Article/201328/
Sounds like a team that could lineup against a fnatic with rekkles as their adc.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Libertine posted:

The opposite is true as well though. If it's a five game series and you know that five games have been played, then the outcome of at least one and maybe two of the games is already spoiled for you by virtue of the format.

Usually in the series they will put dummy game links in the later games to not spoil the format but I don't know man it was the million dollar grand finale, you probably should have watched it live.

If you're based in the EU, that's kind of hard.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

foutre posted:

Studio/Ravus (+whoever knows these things of course), who do you think are the strongest EU Challenger teams? I feel like I have a decent grasp of the NA scene, but have no idea what the gently caress is happening in Europe.

Also, Ravus, on some level I still can't believe you were a single person.

The strongest EU challenger team right now is Copenhagen wolves, and it's not just because of Rekkles. They have really good synergy as a team, team fight incredibly well, are smart in their strategies and teamcomps (They've moved on from their former "only protect Rekkles ever" strats) and know how both to snowball ahead and play from behind.

When on form they're really capable of rocking out with any opposition (See them vs MYM a few weeks back in the EUW challenger series)

However, two things look a bit iffy for them in the future. Firstly, they tend to underperform at LAN (See dreamhack bucharest where I casted them losing to a team where I would never have possibly dreamed of them losing to beforehand, but who have afterwards turned out to be pretty strong and look good for qualification via online, or the Tenerife tournament where TCM beat them).

The second if-factor is that yes, they are losing Rekkles and while he isn't the be all and end all of the team that some people make him out to be, that will hurt their overall performance and team synergy, especially if they can't find an adequate replacement pretty speedily.

Compare that to TCM, whose lineup has stayed the same since Gfinity, who've always seemed pretty strong and TCM honestly seems like the safer bet. That said, even they'd need to step up their game a bit to stand a decent chance at LCS promotion and I have a (purely instinctive) feeling they're just a bit too chilled out to bootcamp seriously.

Honestly this time around I wouldn't be surprised if all 3 of the relegated teams make it back in, sort of dependent on what the lineup changes are for SK though.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Studio your mic :(

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Studio posted:

coL, TBD are in, leaving GGLA, LoLPro, Denial.East, and probably NIP

Wait whoa what? Haven't been following NA challenger scene, when did NIP get a team over there?

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Ah right, makes sense! (Also i'm jealous of how much interest there is in the NA scene comparative, at least in this thread :v:)

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

IBentMyWookie posted:

Studio you looking into casting the new Challenger League from Coke? Have to figure they're going to be hiring some casters soon right?

There's been several slots for new casters in both EUW and NA open for a few weeks now and just about anyone with any hope has applied, so you can bet a decent sized sum on Studio trying.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Studio posted:

I submitted an app and they're going through those right now. I'm not expecting much however

I don't think anyone with a basic understanding of probability could "expect" anything given how many apps there will be.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Studio what kind of mic setup are you running?

Whatever it is good god stop using it.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Libertine posted:

I can't keep track of the NA Challenger rosters, feels like some of these guys have switched teams 3 or 4 times in the last two months.

Try the EU challenger scene.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Libertine posted:

Also, EU LCS Promotion Mini-tournament is starting in one hour (Full Info: http://lol.gamepedia.com/Riot_League_Championship_Series/Europe/2014_Season/Spring_Promotion)

Copenhagen Wolves, TCM Gaming, and 4 teams I've never heard of are going to battle out a group stage for three spots to play against NiP/SK/MYM in Best of 5s for an EU LCS Slot.

Gonna come out and say btw, I am casting this (AKA I am the guy you probably never heard of before).

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Frgrbrgr posted:

Spuddington?

I'll try to watch as much as I can, nice to hear another goon going big!

You are Alphaferg right? I casted with you that one time ages ago IIRC?

Also endgame fantasies might be challenging, I will give it a shot though :v:

A jargogle fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Dec 5, 2013

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Here it is:
http://de.twitch.tv/esltv_lol

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Libertine posted:

These guys are playing on 3.14 in EU LCS qualifier right now and the Koreans playing on 3.14 also haven't changed anything about top lane, it's still a 3 tank item bruiser in almost every game. Renekton, Shyvana, or Rengar in almost every match.

You do sometimes see ONE WHOLE damage item (maybe 2 if Rengar)

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
I sure love EUW problems... looks like we're postponing to another day.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Frgrbrgr posted:

Spuddingtooon... whyyyy... I got up at 5 o'clock for you!

Well we should be going soon! And neverstopping again it feels like

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Frgrbrgr posted:

I try not to look at Twitch chat during these things, but this is too good not to share.

A jargogle/Spuddington. They think you are maplestreet's father.

Really? I thought I was Maplestreet himself earlier?

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Bubble-T posted:

I think it's a bit early to say that, could just be Dignitas making them look comparatively great. Shook and Froggen have looked pretty sharp for sure though.

I'm interested in how good Wickd actually is now - he's not demonstrating a larger champ pool and it's not really surprising that he wins lane against Cruzer. He might still be a point of weakness against better teams.

My view on alliance before was that they have the raw talent to rival fnatic. The only concern was their synergy. Alliance just showed they seem to be working well, now I'm curious how they cope with adversity.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Jackie D posted:

Has riot released any info about the challenger league yet?

There's a vague starting date of "next year". But I assume they wouldn't want to rush stuff anyway.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Libertine posted:

That's like the scary movie cliche "I'll be right back!" Of course something is gonna go wrong.

It's not being streamed which helps its chances with that.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Are there even any decent challenger ones to poach? Any soloq gods to train?

This does also shed more light maybe on why Thoorin was so keen to get something out of Montecristo WRT Nien...

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
So anyone interested in any sweet saucy twitter drama?

(he proceeded to delete this moments later)

A jargogle fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 4, 2014

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Libertine posted:

There's a rumor that they are trying out the mid-laner from The Red called fokmo who is the only other semi-pro Russian team of note. They also have a sub jungler filling in for them while Diamond is on all-star trip. This is all per:
http://www.esportsheaven.com/news/view/64358

For the record Fomko isn't even close to a regular lcs mid, let alone Alex.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Failboattootoot posted:

I'm not so sure about this. I remain unconvinced that Aphro isn't just basking in his good champs finally being in-meta. It's certainly possible though.

Apparently St. Vicious is making a come back with Bunnyfufu and Mancloud.

This is confirmed. I think saint just can't be happy in life unless he's competing for something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
My guesses

EU:

ALL
FNC
SK
ROC
SHC
MIL