Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Repost from the main thread but whatever: Elementz is better than people give him credit for. His ballsy Taric play in the first few weeks of LCS were a big part of some of those wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

Watching CRS/CLG when they fully streamed their scrims it's really insane how vicious Saintvicious is on the microphone. Like 80% of their team chatter is just him yelling at people, 10% is Voyboy announcing when he's going in, and 10% is Nyjacky apologizing for upsetting Saint. Elementz and Cop seem like some of the most quiet passive players in professional league and Saint is like one of the most aggro individuals on the planet. I don't know how that works as a team.

Ladies and gentleman, your NA allstars shotcaller :)

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

I tend to forget that Pantheon exists for like a month at a time, and then I get in a game with some guy who just absolutely annihilates everyone on the map with him and then he vanishes and I don't see him again for a month.

Pantheon support is a real thing in Korea and it works pretty well.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Not true! Prolly is like 25 or something (kill me now I'm old)

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Schiavona posted:

What are the must-watch games from this last weekend from both NA and EU?

Copenhagen Wolves vs Fanatic to start with http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames/b/393312108?t=6h03m01s

Really any of the Wolves game, they are a super exciting team to watch.

Edit: Complexity vs CRS was good, too http://www.twitch.tv/riotgames/b/392995093?t=2h20m10s

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

karlean7 posted:

I'm going to chime in and say that 35,000 a year is a vast overestimation of what a high school education, full-time low skill job actually pays. Teachers regularly don't make that much, and that requires a bachelor's degree and extra certification.

The other thing to remember is that these players also make some more money off of streaming, team merchandise sales, etc. And it really depends on what part of the country you're living in; a single person in an area with median cost of living is not doing too bad on that income level.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
There's a TSM tournament on right now with Studio casting http://www.twitch.tv/TSMTournaments

Edit: There are prizes, I think first prize is $50k

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Doctor w-rw-rw- posted:

Man, it really says something as to how financially secure TSM is that Solomid can afford to pay $50k for a tournament.

Sorry, that was unclear. The $50k is from Riot for the first place team in the summer regional playoffs.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
EG is still good, I think they just took a long time to accept the meta.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
HOLY poo poo THAT RENGAR

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Anexis and ESports4Life are playing in the TSM tournment right now. http://www.twitch.tv/tsmtournaments/popout

They are both in the LCS European summer qualifier tournament so they could get into the LCS.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
EG/CW starts in a minute: http://na.lolesports.com/

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

SpaceDrake posted:

Well, that's interesting. According to the EU casters, we haven't seen a lot of Zac... because he's just now been unlocked on the tournament realm. I did not know that!

Karma rework is also available now, though I doubt we'll be seeing that :v:

Zac jungle is devastating and I think we'll see it come out today. I wouldn't at all be surprised to see lots of Nautilus today as well.

Edit: Zac locked in by Snoopeh, I am a genius.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 26, 2013

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

SpaceDrake posted:

Was gonna say, Zac comes out very first game. :stare: Gonna be interesting to watch (I thought he was a little hit-or-miss in Korean play).

EDIT: Okay, Bjergsen on my favorite mid is highly relevant to my interests. Not really paying attention to anything else until this is over.

Also Zac top, what :stare:

Yeah I'm very surprised by that, I don't like Zac on top all that much.

Edit: Zac is jungling while Snoopeh ganks...

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

SpaceDrake posted:

Also, LCS playoff newbie question: is this a best-of-three? I notice it's blocked out for three hours.

Also I can't help but think that GodBro would be struggling less if he'd taken Shen. His Rumble is just doing nothing :smith:

Best of 3.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
That was a great engage from CW with basically a perfect equalizer out of rumble.

Edit: Brackets: http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/Riot_League_Championship_Series/Europe/Season_3/Spring_Playoffs

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
You can tell teams are scared of going to relegation, I can't believe how tight they're both playing.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
That looked like a good engage for EG if you don't factor in that CW took top tower during it.

Edit: 3 - 0 - 0 Kassadin is very bad.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
The lesson from this game is don't give Bjergsen Kassadin.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Does Wickd play Shen? EG should ban Kassadin/Lulu/Nautilus and take Shen first.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

TheModernAmerican posted:

This is the playoffs, not the promotion matches. They're playing for a prize right now.

Edit: This is confusing, but apparently they do go down to relegation.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 26, 2013

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Also, aAa got disqualified because they couldn't get five players together, so SK are automatically through and they play Gambit next.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3377795

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Jonny Angel posted:

They're 13-7 since Bjergsen joined up, which is a 65% win rate. SK, in 3rd place, has 61%. I honestly think they'd have had a decent shot at finishing 3rd in the weekly standings.

It's an interesting discussion, but I feel like SK is better than CW right now.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
My guess is that they will be able to play their relegation matches, I think they're just disqualified from their match against SK in the playoffs.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Sidpret posted:

I don't know how the playoffs work at all. What are they playing for in this best of 3?

This is the spring playoffs - it's a smaller playoff for a total of $100k. There are still "regular season" matches to be played in the summer. The regional and world playoffs are later on in the year.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Natuilus and Orianna have great synergy, Froggen got straight blown up from full health.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
This is a huge bummer.

Edit: And basically completely unacceptable. Aren't they on a LAN?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Freaksaus posted:

The strange part is that EUW is having the exact same issue, ping spiking up to 1000+ for a few seconds, skills not activating, mouse clicks not registering etc.

I would not be surprised if it's a DDOS issue with the way League tournaments have been going lately.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

The announcers said there is a huge problem with the Server Farms/Data Centers where the games are being hosted. It's not a problem specific to one or the other, I imagine it is effectively hampering all of Riot's EU Operations.

This is why they should play on a LAN! Just point a camera at a spectator screen on the network if you have to.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Zerotheos posted:

I don't see why they couldn't have the game server local and still be able to use their spectator view and stream? Having the stream go down but the game stay solid seems like it would beat streaming out their failure to a couple hundred thousand views in realtime.

Yeah, I completely agree and this is my point exactly.

Edit: Apparently they DO have an offline client but they only use it for NA games. WTF?

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 26, 2013

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Starting again in 5 - 10 minutes according to Snoopeh.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
EG is doing significantly better this time.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Blech. Game 3 was turning into a good game, game 3a is a boring stomp.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

The loser of this game (increasingly looking like the Wolves) will have the easiest promotion match I think because of all the teams battling for promotion the ones in that slot seem like the weakest. They will have to play Sinners Never Sleep or TCM Gaming and I haven't heard anything distinguishable about any of those teams. I'd be much more worried for MYM, ATN, or Anexis/Esports4Life who I think will all end up eliminating Dragonborns/Giants/AAA.

I don't think CW will lose, but Sinners Never Sleep is stacked with longtime pro players (Tabzz from Millenium, for example)

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

Millenium was a super disappointing team though, so I wouldn't put too much stock in their former players. Everyone thought they'd cake walk into LCS with all the talent they had and I think DragonBorns were the ones to upset them in the qualifier.

Yeah I don't think anyone in the qualifiers is beating CW. I feel the same way about Complexity in NA.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Quantic is really good, but I don't think they're in Complexity's league. But who knows! Complexity lost to MRN which along with Dragonborns is arguably the worst team in the LCS, so it's hard to say. Maybe I just like Complexity and that's why I want them to win. They are so entertaining.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

IBentMyWookie posted:

I just see NA getting totally stomped by EU and Asian teams they're not even close. Maybe TSM is the only decent team anymore.

TSM and CRS are both good, everyone else... eh.

I'm not at all surprised that CLG lost to Vulcun, but I really thought Dignitas would at least beat GGU in a best of 3.

So apparently Soaz is running Zac top this game. All this top Zac, I'm not sold on it.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Apr 27, 2013

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I wasn't able to watch most of the weekend. Holy crap I have a lot of games to catch up on. esports!

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I've actually come away really impressed with EG's play in the playoffs. Froggen is a beast, and they've done a really good job adapting to this season's meta. Probably better than any NA team outside of TSM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Failboattootoot posted:

I'm going to be so sad if coL doesn't make it through relegation. Maybe someone will pick up pr0lly if that happens.

It's going to suck either way, because both Quantic and (obviously) Complexity would be great LCS teams.

• Locked thread