Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Watch Copenhagen Wolves vs EG tomorrow to see who bags 4th place in the EU LCS. The winner plays the loser in the play-offs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Another thing, Copenhagen Wolves win/loss record after their 0-9 start to the season is better than 3rd placed SK gaming and only marginally worse than runaway leaders Fnatic and Gambit so I think Wolves are the favourites.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Wolves vs EG is on now. Bjergsen is on Syndra.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Close game so far. Some nice plays from CW but EG have edged in front.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Libertine posted:

I agree with the casters here, if I'm Gambit I'd rather take second place in regular season standings to play the winner of SK/AAA instead of winner of EG/CW
AAA sure but SK are playing really well right now. I'd say Wolves and SK are roughly at the same level right now and I'd think they'll win against EG and AAA respectively.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Libertine posted:

I think Gambit has only lost to SK like one time in the entire history of both teams.
To be fair I believe the last match was the first map Gambit have ever dropped to Wolves.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Jungle Malzahar is happening again. Hopefully Snoopeh has refined it since the last outing. EG vs SK, the last match of the spring season, is just starting.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

A Moose posted:

Any reason we don't see more Pantheon in LCS? He has a global ult and a stun, you'd think you'd see him more when TF gets banned out.
I think it's because Pantheon's burst is poor compared to proper assassins (eg Zed, Kha) and Pantheon is generally seen as taking that style of role for a team. As we saw today though Panth is very strong in the Nasus\Voli jungle style role and maybe he'll gain some popularity through that.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

DolphinCop posted:

Pantheon's burst damage is extremely high, way better than anything Zed or Kha Zix could do in one combo.
Only if you count Pantheon's ult in that, which is very unreliable to hit and has a long channel time. Zed and Kha have the instant gib factor. Zed in particular has burst that is super insane and basically undodgeable, like we saw with Bjergsen today making Renekton look like a squishy.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Did Support Morde work? I didn't have a chance to watch.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
What a tight game, both teams are playing ultra safe.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
SoaZ doing very well on that Zac.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Looks like it's going to be a Caitlyn in mid for Fnatic vs Froggen's Anivia in game 2.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
EG seem to have dominated this game but they are only 2k gold up at 42 minutes. Turning into a nervy game now.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Gambit ruined SK. The final tomorrow should be awesome.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
That was a tough break for Vulcun.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Mancloud Quadra with Jayce. Domination.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Pro as gently caress Tryn bait kill on Jayce! Love that

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Tryns incessant split pushing is pretty much the only reason GGU are 5k gold up here.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
My god... This Tryndamere. It's so beautiful :allears:

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
That was one of the funniest games of LoL I've ever seen. Tryns constant antics were glorious and finishing it off by pummelling the hell out of Curse in their base was too perfect.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Woah, ace from behind! Maybe GGU can come back (probably not)
Doubt it, if they come back from the position they are in it would be one of the all time great comebacks.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Alex on mid lane Zac. Should be interesting....

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Dyllyn posted:

Is it true that the 5th game of the BO5 will be a blind pick?
That's how they do it in Korea but I haven't heard anything like that for the LCS.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I was hoping Gambit would win. They had their chances in the 4th game and blew it then though. I guess Fnatic deserve props for winning the regular season and then carrying the play-offs too.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

The Mattybee posted:

So it looks like the EU summer promos are in like a week - is anyone who knows about the EU scene more familiar with some of the coming up teams? I've heard of MYM, Alternate, and Anexis, but are any of the others actually big names/threats?
Alex Ich mentioned that he though the Dexter team is strong.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
This is an absolute spanking. TSM don't even have a kill yet...

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Surrender. Sign of a suffering team.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Hahaha that teamfight was like soloqueue from TSM. Nocturne ulting into Caitlyn and the whole of TSM running the other way to let her get owned :downs:

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
GGU relied entirely on front for that fight and TSM declined to scatter and swept them up. This game looks over now.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Da Monk posted:

But does the major part of the players income not come from streaming? If that is the case popularity is essential for them, as they can then earn money from ads and promoting hardware brands etc.
That depends on the player. Some Pros either don't/rarely stream.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

mushi posted:

Every time I watch EU LCS, they are having technical problems, with Deman awkwardly trying to fill in time while there is lag issues, or computer issues. NA doesn't seem to have the same problems, so hopefully this will persuade Riot to license out their lan-tourney-realm-whatever setup they have to let EU not have a lovely tech experience. It makes the whole endeavor seem really sloppy despite the high production value.
Apparently Riot don't allow Europe to have the LAN client because the EU LCS is run jointly with ESL and Riot don't want anyone else having access to the LAN client.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
QT vs Cupofwater had a pretty amazing finish to the set.

QTPie vs Cupofwater was 1-1 and QTpie was forced to go back to base to heal. Meanwhile Cupofwater is bashing away at QTpie's tower, who is rushing back to lane his tower dying fast. QTpie makes it back to the tower seemingly too late but throws everything he has at Cup, who gets firstblooded with the tower at 36hp. Epic!

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Shmoogy posted:

Best Riven just dominated his first match.
And then in the second match inexplicably recalled in the middle of the lane in front of Hao and got splattered.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Alternate have thrown the second game from over 10k up over Giants. What a disaster. It all stemmed from Alternate getting Baron stolen by Giants Nautilus flash smite stealing.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Alternate have a serious problem with pushing hard without wards. I guess it's something you learn from playing LCS week in week out, it's not worth the risk as it's a poor percentage play.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
"Let's invade with only 4 of us and without wards" - genius Alternate play caller

Predictably they got smashed and gave away 2 free kills.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Unbelievable comeback from Alternate in the 4th game. Down an inhib and getting crushed and seemingly with zero chance. The last team fight at Baron was absolutely amazing. Lee Sin surviving was outrageous. 2-2... Coming down to the 5th game.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I'm really glad Alternate made it to LCS. Giants were destined for another underwhelming season and it would have been boring to have them around again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Mierenneuker posted:

For some reason teams with players who shout whenever they're ganking, annoy the poo poo out of me. I'm not entirely sure who's doing it from Alternate (the jungler?) but I really wish he'd stop.
Yeah it's Araenae, the jungler. He's actually a cool guy to have around (he was an analyst on the EU LCS desk for a couple of weeks in the early season) and is very passionate but level headed about the game. I actually think it's good to have people like that around the scene, with personality and unique traits, because it makes it more interesting. Giants always came across as a very boring team with no identifying traits and it made it hard to care about them at all, which is a really bad thing.

• Locked thread