Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Niton posted:

Hotshot is probably worse honestly, you can almost make a pro team out of people he's chased off of CLG and attempted to play the role of.

I thought that was Team Curse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Mr Cuddles posted:

My recommendation for this thread is that people post urls more often because if you want anybody to randomly decide to watch a game, you shouldn't assume everybody knows the urls for the games under discussion.

Also if you check on the leaguepedia site, you can look up the streams of the professional players on their pages. I don't watch them too often, but EG Snoopeh and Wickd are actually sort of interesting to watch because they will actually show you rune pages/masteries and give you the reasoning behind what they are doing when they do it.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Libertine posted:

This is a really crazy video interview with Doublelift:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XQQhrssnBY

Apparently he hasn't spoken to his parents in years because they hated everything about him becoming a pro gamer and he moved out.

This is just insane, sad, and sort of sums up my fears about some of the people who are professional players at the moment. I hope that he can mature up at some point and realize that he might want to go to a school and get a college degree.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I didn't expect people to jump on that post, but the reason why I said what I did is that he pretty much admitted to not having any other prospects and then also admitting that he has no idea how to really manage his money when going out or being able to judge how much something should cost. Even then, putting it on par with professional sports is a hilariously bad example because of how many athletes end up going bankrupt shortly after their retirement(I can at least confirm this with the NFL and NBA). I can't really comment on how much money he is making because I don't have those numbers. Although while he might not realize it, being able to write guides is an actually marketable skill, but he would also have to be familiar with what he is writing the guide on, which would probably require him to go to school for something or having some work experience.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Holy crap Zuna. Jukemaster Kog.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

So I guess the NA Allstars might not even play?

https://twitter.com/dscarra/status/336196808269250560

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Symphonie posted:

That was the last plane from now until the 24th! Oh no!

For whatever reason I thought the All Stars thing was starting earlier this week.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Well this is actually kind of big news. The US Government is actually recognizing professional LoL players as athletes. This just means that it is easier for them to obtain visas now, but it is kind of a big step regardless.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

lovely tuna snatch posted:

True, they've had quite a few stomps, but for me it felt like they were doing something new in the last season, whereas now their only innovation has been Varus building a Tear of the Goddess?

I think you are confusing seasons with splits. I remember Diamondprox doing a whole lot with making junglers really popular during the Spring Split.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Really Saint? You were going to try to smite steal a dragon?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Flayer posted:

Bot lane is a real weakness for Gambit. Just gave up a free double kill to Vayne due to a miscommunication between Genja and Voidle, which was Genjas fault I think since he backed off early for no reason.

I think Genja is the only member who isn't hyper aggressive. Which just means that GG needs to pick up Fabbbbyyy

edit: VVVV I think a lot of this had to deal with the fact that the old school NA and Euro teams were the ones that were determining popular picks and playstyles. Ever since the end of Season 2, China, Korea, and the SEA divisions gained a lot of popularity outside of their respective regions. So now their strategies are proliferating to the rest of the world and those who were complacent with deciding the how to play the game now have to adapt which they might not be used to. I'd imagine there might be a lot more Cloud 9s popping up soon.

Grinning Goblin fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Aug 4, 2013

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Just remember, in the first two weeks of the Spring Split, Vulcan was 0-5. The amount that they have improved is simply incredible.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Libertine posted:

Genja tends to do 3 D-blades a lot as a start. If you look at his solo queue profile it's his most commoner opener on almost every single champion. He just wants to have every possible advantage in any kind of duel in the first 15 minutes I guess. Then he starts building items. I'm not sure 100% the logic of it, because the casters generally lampoon other players for doing that, like last night Maplestreet did it in a Velocity match and the announcers are like "he's so far behind he had to pick up three doran's blades", but if you buy three of them and are up 6-1 on kills, I guess you bought them because you weren't behind. It's not consistently analyzed.

e: whoever called Irelia as a lovely pick for Kev1n was spot on. He was useless in this match.

Maplestreet also built like 3 Doran's Blades on Urgot as well, who is far more reliant in the early game on his Q harass considering his autoattack range is even lower than Sivir's.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

curiousCat posted:

qtpie rushing Brutalizer into Trinity Force. What meta is this?

Early Season 2?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Are the casters drunk?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

If this is about the 231 Maple Street thing, I laughed like an idiot at that.

It was mostly how he said "Happy Birthday".

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

The Superest week.

Also I thought there was a tie breaker system in place for they wouldn't have to have a sub playoffs for playoffs.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

desshar posted:

I haven't really watched a whole episode, but it looks like a MTV like show where the audience sees clips in the player lives and hear personal interviews given by the players.

Didn't diamond use to play a lot of volibear jungle? Whatever happen to that?

The only thing I can think of is that the jungle changes made it a bit less favorable compared to others? His clear isn't exactly the greatest and I'm wondering if the Nunu remake and the Zac release just sort of bumped him down to rarely being seen in competitive play.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Wow, shots fired from Zuna.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Spuckuk posted:

Is having horrifying Acne scars a requirement to be in TSM?

Those are only physical embodiments of the emotional scars that Regi doles out.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I hope that C9 and TSM farm politely for 2 hours to drive everyone insane.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

The hell? I thought they made it so that Dragon/Baron doesn't target wards anymore.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Assassinator is the best role. I hope they give this name to all assassins.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

There is a good chance that DiamondProx just waited for Saint to make a retarded mistake against him so he didn't really have any need to make some risky aggressive plays.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Hypocrisy posted:

I hope NiP continues their proud tradition of giant roster swaps and failing to place in playoffs.

I'm actually kind of surprised that anyone would want to join NiP from another LCS team for that reason. I mean, I guess they are thinking that SK might not even make it to LCS next year?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

I think Riot might be reluctant to increase the number of Bans because that would increase the barrier to entry for anyone wanting to do ranked. It might not exactly be a bad thing to implement for LCS though.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Ahhh, I see, C9's strat is to make themselves worthless and hoping that Fnatic keeps killing them instead of grabbing objectives.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Dragongem posted:

Well you see my World of Warcraft guild leader experience makes me a great managerial candidate because

Content: Don't these guys just like play constantly? It's sort of disturbing, actually. I imagine you burn out after a bunch of time.

For the players that do nothing but play, then yeah, their future is pretty dire because they are going to have a huge blank spot on their resume or fill it in with "playing video games professionally". One thing that some players have going for them is that they have written guides, and that is an employable skill. As silly as it might seem, they can easily say that they were paid by whoever hosts those guide sites to write a guide, and that it was used by X amount of people. Granted they are going to have to learn something other than video games at that point, but putting that into your portfolio is actually a pretty big plus.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

edit: I can't read

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

AdjectiveNoun posted:

A Riot employee posted on Reddit to say that they're not planning to remove the limit on one organization = one team.

I really hope that they up the amount of teams in the LCS then. It would be really dumb if one organization lands 2/8 positions or more in the LCS.

edit: I'm really dumb and can't read.

Grinning Goblin fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Oct 31, 2013

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

uaciaut posted:

It's also related to why i dislike Riot's policy regarding flaming to begin with, why would you ban someone for being "toxic" because he's talking smack when you have a mute button? Makes no sense.

This is a really dumb attitude to have. The existence of a mute button is not an excuse to treat others poorly or to verbally harass them. Instead of teaching people to "grow a thicker skin", I'd much rather make an attempt to change the behaviors of people to not being complete jerks. You can disagree all you want, but Riot's stance on showing people that it is unacceptable to lash out at teammates and harass them is one of the better things to have happened for the community at large.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

When are we going to see Russian Knight Olaf?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Sandstorm plays and twitch chat gets even worse than usual.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Frgrbrgr posted:

Heartstone cramp! Dropped that combo too hard :( gotta call the game, Coach, I can't go on.

How many times has Dyrus lost his promo series to Challenger because of him playing Hearthstone?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

uaciaut posted:

edit: to add, Ghostcrawler is now lead game designer for Riot and it seems to have made a lot of people mad. I have played a bit of PvE WoW in wotlk, not for too long though so i don't know exactly how good the guy was at what he did, anyone else have more insight on this? Although the guy making it straight to lead position from the get-go does seem to make me wonder how easily Riot gives people credit.

When he left Blizzard it was revealed that he took a lot of blame for stuff that he had no involvement in and people are still blaming him for that stuff even after he didn't admit it. The stuff he was mostly responsible for were extra features and UI design. Why he took the blame for all of this stuff he had no involvement in, I have no idea(verbal abuse kink???). Early on he also played a big role in the design of the Death Knight class. Honestly, his net effect on game balance is probably going to be close to zero unless they let him design a champ.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Flameingblack posted:

That's pretty drat admirable to take the flak for all of Warcraft's mis-management. But he's a great personality with a strong online presence, and League of Legends isn't a 10-year old game on its dying legs. If anything, I'm most looking forward to Ghostcrawler's snarky replies to the forums.

The one thing that I really don't like about him though is that while he is snarky, he also does a really poor job of explaining some things. Like he sometimes calls nerfs a buff, or he will say that they aren't changing something when they eventually do change it a month down the line, or will just randomly let things slide for a while in hopes that the playerbase can think of something. Those were also things before he had a twitter account so you can't say that the character limit was the problem.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Are they simulating EUW's server performance for the EU LCS?

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

League of Legends: Lets stand around.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Hahahahahaha, this is great, 5 minute inhibs.

edit: almost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

NovemberMike posted:

Did they just call LeBlanc an "Assassinator"?

They have been using that term for a while and I'm not sure if it is a joke or not.

Also for being 2 kills and a dragon ahead, EG should have a larger gold lead.

• Locked thread