Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Our long national Eggs nightmare is over!

(I actually don't hate the deck, but I can understand where WOTC is coming from. It's just too long of a win con.)

e: Considering the skyrocketing price of JTMS in Legacy, I have a feeling that I'm going to be selling them around GP Vegas to fund the purchase of some of the big-ticket Modern staples.

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Apr 22, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Jenx posted:

The hell? You can't just drop these like that at the end and not elaborate. What the hell is French Dredge, and how is it any different than non-french dredge? And what the hell was that Fish player doing with blood moons?

The Fish + Blood Moon makes sense. You only need Islands, so playing RU lands to enable Blood Moon isn't a bad idea.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Ari Lax wrote a great summary of the current Modern decks on SCG Premium:

http://www.starcitygames.com/article/26396_Modern-Cheat-Sheet.html

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

wrong thread

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Do we know for a fact that Modern Season starts in March, or could it potentially be June?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'd love to go but I'm trying to save money...

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Fingers McLongDong posted:

That was a super helpful post Jassi, thanks. Are there some good vids of affinity decks being played i could learn from?

There's a good chance that it may be on camera at some point this weekend at the PT.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Randy Buehler going through the Top 20 Decks in Modern... :allears:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

It also helps that the bannings/unbannings really freed up the metagame. We'll see if it carries over to Richmond.

As a side note, I'm so happy now that GP Chicago was Modern a couple of years ago. It cost me a bit to get set up back then, but it's much cheaper than it would cost me now. All I need now is the Gofys and I have all the big money cards for the decks I would want to play now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I was all excited for a weekend of hot Modern action from the GP and it's not until next week...

I swear, I've been off a week for the last month or so.

• Locked thread