Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I have soft spot for rampant narcissism, especially in a case like this where a band so adamantly works hard against peoples' expectations only to lessen their popularity. It's a psychotic thing to do and it fits Death Grips. This is the same group with lyrics like this:

quote:

You live in hiding
You're climbing the walls no privacy
I'm trying to survive but I'm dying die with me
Blow out the lights take your life
Ride the falling sky with me
Falling inside of me
Its all suicide to me
World of dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
This song is more dynamic than their usual stuff, kind of wanders through four different sounds. Definitely ready for more!

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
AHHHHHHHH this is the best random thing to get on my birthday. The live drums, samples, and his vocals are mixed really well. Love it.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I'd say they're definitively punk.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I dunno it sounds exactly what Deathgrips would do and you should be honored

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Love the beat on black quarterback. But since when is a album with around sixteen tracks a double lp?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Her fans are terrible, almost to juggalo levels.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I saw all the posts and immediately thought MC Ride killed himself. I guess this is less bad.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Watch them randomly release a new album in 2015.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
He sounds like he feels stupid for booking them and getting his hopes up. I don't see how that's unfair. Consider what it means for him, he has to get another band on board for a huge tour, or adjust what he does with his set.

This has to be a hard time to book with all the festivals going on and such short notice. I love death grips but I'm a little tired of them bailing on the live shows.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

The most sensible reaction would probably be "Best luck to Death Grips, sorry for the inconvenience to those of you who have bought tickets, we'll have a replacement soon." Band breakups can happen for a million different reasons, and sometimes they can't wait till a tour is over or whatever. We have no idea if "we hit our peak creatively" is the truth or just something they're saying because they don't want to broadcast private drama. Insulting a band for breaking up is kicking them while they're down.

Nah gently caress that. I mean maybe that cuts it when you're playing in a garage and your biggest fans are your friends but there is professionalism amongst musicians. Arbitrarily bailing on tour after tour isn't sticking it to the man, it's just being an rear end in a top hat. Stop booking tours if you're going to drop out a few weeks before they start.

I think they do it consciously. I still say they put out a new album out of nowhere next year.

EDIT: here's a video of all the fucks they give https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MHhLDCJ57E

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 4, 2014

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
They're rear end holes and it's why I like them so ya

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Everyone in this argument is right

They are assholes

This is what was supposed to happen

people shouldn't act like this to fans who paid money

death grips rule

This is the right post

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

juniperjones posted:

Professionalism is the reason music nowadays is so often passionless and boring. "Professional Musician" is an oxymoron, as far as I'm concerned.

1 there's always been passionless, boring music

2 I don't know what kind of music you listen to but there's a difference between having a sterile sound (which is what I'm assuming you meant) and being unreliable.

My opinions are based on being someone who has worked in music (independently and otherwise) for 15 years.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I saw new posts, got excited, then remembered they broke up.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
If they really just gave NIN and Sound garden the finger last summer then :lol:

I love you deathgrips

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

So have they gotten back together to tour or...........?

I hope they announce a tour and presell a ton of tickets and they play every tour date, just as they have on all their other tours

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Forceholy posted:

Why a bitch gotta lie goes hard, tho.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Beyond Alive and Centuries of drat are my poo poo. Loving the guitars.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
the bridge around 2 minutes is really really really good

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
:siren: NEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEWNEW :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVSHMKizsgg

Deathgrips facebook posted:

The album comes out March 31st.
THE PRE-ORDER LINKS ARE NOW LIVE
iTunes: http://smarturl.it/DGPowers_iTunes
Google: http://smarturl.it/DGPowers_Google
Amazon Mp3: http://smarturl.it/DGPowers_AmzMp3
Amazon CD: http://smarturl.it/DGPowers_AmzCD
Harvest Records (Vinyl, MP3, CD): http://myplay.me/1dnt

ITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOES
ITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESIT
GOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOES
ITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOES
ITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOESITGOES

hard

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
You're a shiny clown to me and the powers that be givin me a boner

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

lol @ anyone dumb enough to buy tickets for that

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
when they actually do a tour, no one will come. they'll film the whole thing as a concert DVD of empty auditoriums.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

A Big... Dog posted:

this is the best death grips album, holy poo poo

Just got up to Why a Bitch Gotta Lie and :wow:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dX3tAjsBEM

No Music Discussion > Death Grips -Saw you doin' peace signs with the F.B.I

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Mar 19, 2015

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Ummmm Ya soooo don't book tours then? It's part of their persona and I think it's funny but don't throw in what's 'fair' here.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

WASDF posted:

I don't think anyone cares to have this discussion. If you're still burned about them not showing up to your show (or you weren't even going to one of those and you're just upset for other people's sake) then it may be high-time to stop caring.

I 1000% never gave a gently caress on the first day

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
honestly ill have any discussion in this thread that keeps it at the top of NMD where it belongs

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

omggggtgg

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Franz von Dada posted:

PSS PSS is such a silly song but I can't stop twerking dancing along with it.

The lyrics to PSS PSS read like a fyad post

[Verse 1]
I saw you doing peace signs with the F.B.I
Might've tried that in the future before so don't lie
All dead dogs go to heaven cause dumb bitches let them in
They're just racist and they wanna gently caress
God chills out cause she doesn't touch
This is where I don't come in
This is where I have been maybe
Have a sad cum, baby

[Hook]
I gently caress it out and I dip-dip-dip
Drop you like asses and you trip-trip-trip
I can't stop it when I drip-drip-drip
You can't stop it when you drip-drip-drip
I piss on your face like I'm PSS-PSS-PSS
You lick up the place like you're PSS-PSS-PSS
We pick up the pace like we're PSS-PSS-PSS
I'm the gently caress you're chasing like PSS-PSS, PSS-PSS, PSS-PSS

[Verse 2]
My poo poo's been retarded since beginning of time
I'm up in your party like sickest one line
I'm the only thing ever on my mind
You're one of those things I never rewind
I'm coming out your pocket like carving pools
With my jewels
I'm throwing heebie jeebies like iTunes
The cars that go boom
These are my gold bars melted on spoons
My junk hits like martial law
You nod like true

[Hook]

[Bridge]
If I were her and she was him we would go and gently caress ourselves again and again
Life is very dangerous and it wants to rearrange us like your friends, like the end
Show me into Target and I'll show you how I bought it with my mind in my mind
Touch it out in the parking lot, gently caress me while the whole world watch us waste our time

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
If my bud is working I can get into the Portland show free. So if I get in free and they don't show up that's even Steven.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
:haw:

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Rat Flavoured Rats posted:

Of course everyone in a Death Grips thread is from Portland.

tru

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Actually, looking at the dates I think I'll be in Minneapolis. If I can see them at First Ave that would be so tits.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

heeheeheeheeeheehee

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

the great deceiver posted:

i know i get that a lot

Oh for sure man

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I saw a dude at a bus stop today with headphones and he started screaming "OH poo poo I'M FEELIN IT!!!!" at the top of his lungs it was cool

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
YUH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

second-hand smegma posted:

Dunno. PDX show was nearly off the rails. Some of the more sensitive people left with a cadaverous look in their eyes.

Did you read the WW review of the show? He was basically like "it was really good, but... What's the point of being at 11 the whole time? Isn't it better when you build up to it?" lol OK dad

• Locked thread