Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

NwahNerevar posted:

I've been on a Death Grips binge for about a month or so now, but I can't get into No Love/Deep Web aside from Hunger Games and Come Up and Get Me. It's like Ex-Military but without the interesting samples. Pleh.

I've been listening since around the time Ex-Military came out and I don't really like that album either apart Come Up. I thought I was the only one! It's like their work is becoming less aggressive and angry sounding over time which may or may not be a good thing depending on who you ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Long John Silvers posted:

That said, this track is weak as hell and I can't wait for it to get a BNT from Pitchfork

Yeah I've listened a few times and I just can't get into it.

Would be interesting if it was another ARG, though. Just hope the next album isn't as tame and boring.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Uniscott posted:

This sounds so much better than no love deep web.

It really does. This is pretty loving great.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

WASDF posted:

Yeah like people saying "It's the best thing they've ever done" what, you've had a more than a year to evaluate their older stuff and you already say its better than those? Jumpin' thee gun a bit.

Or people saying "album of the year/decade". Yeah, okay, it's good but gently caress you.

I'm really digging it. I didn't know what to think of birds the first time I heard it but now I can't stop listening to it.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

After all this loving wait for a proper copy of NLDW my vinyl has shipped been put on backorder. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Fors Yard posted:

Do they press their own bootlegs? I bought the Acid Rap one earlier this year and it is awful. Even the cover art was a cheap recreation. But maybe that will just make it even more Death Grips?

Well considering Exmilitary sounds rough and poo poo this can't be too bad, riiiiight? Think I might get that

• Locked thread