Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I'm glad I got in on the ground floor with Death Grips. It was really exciting hearing Ex-Military and then finding out they had two albums in the pipeline for 2012. And then those two albums ended up being some of my favorites of that year. I'm guessing they've been blacklisted by pretty much every label, but they probably wouldn't want to gently caress with a label again. I do hope they'll continue to put out stuff though. Ex-Military, The Money Store, and No Love Deep Web kind of feels like a complete arc so it'll be interesting to see where they go from there. Honestly I wouldn't be too surprised if they split up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Every time I hear Full Moon I want to destroy stuff. Every Death Grips song makes me want to destroy stuff, but that one especially.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Pitchfork put up a little report that Zach Hill is making a movie and recording a new Death Grips album. Interested in hearing some new material from them, mainly because I'm pretty sure the sound on NLDW was what they had envisioned from the get-go.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Zach Hill lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUVuCDEHW9k

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Yeah the lyrics aren't the greatest. Still love the vibe of the song. It's clearly MC Ride's response to Kendrick's Control verse. :v:

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
The weird guitar sounds remind me of a kind of after school sitcom thing? They keep reminding me of some non-existent TV show I watched as a kid. The song has really grown on me.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Did Death Grips just release a new album? https://soundcloud.com/deathgrips/sets/government-plates

HOLY gently caress THIS FIRST TRACK

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
The intro to Big House sounds like a song from some N64 racing game, I love it.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

I love the guitars and also the drums. It is good, I think.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Its really fuckin good. Why A Bitch Gotta Lie has become my favorite Death Grips song.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

HebrewMagic posted:

Just listen to the new album how I did the first time: Shirtless, screaming in the desert

As god intended it

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I have never bought tickets to see Death Grips before, so now is my chance (to be disappointed).

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I'm willing to throw 20 bucks in the trash for the chance to maybe see Death Grips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
The show sold out I'm glad I'm not the only one who paid $20 to not see Death Grips.

• Locked thread